• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Probably because of the technical issues, Souls game are not reknown for polish
Maybe. But why Skyrim has 96 when it's one of the most unpolished product ever released? I think some reviewers just don't "like" these type of games. Maybe for the gameplay loop or the overall difficulty (just a guess).

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
I'll go with 90 since I know this type of game still won't be everyone's bag of tea.
Most outlets have enough reviewers that they will give this game to someone who enjoys Soulsbourne games.
It would be silly to put a Sports game fan reviewing this game, etc...
But I'm also expecting high 80s, low 90s, 88-92. Mostly because I can see a few people not liking the liberty BluePoint took with some of the designs.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
89 meta, too many fools out here today reviewing games for this to score a 90😂😂

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Does the Maiden in Black say her prayer WHILE you level up, or is it skips or dialogue BEFORE you reach the level up screen?

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Maybe. But why Skyrim has 96 when it's one of the most unpolished product ever released? I think some reviewers just don't "like" these type of games. Maybe for the gameplay loop or the overall difficulty (just a guess).
Big name and big publisher
Also, difficulty as you say it's another reason, especially for some reviewers who get frustrated with souls games lol

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Love the original so much

This rerelease is the only reason I'm choked I wasn't able to get a PS5 at launch. Soon as I get one I'm copping this

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Normally i wouldn't care about re-released games but since i never played the original, this seems like a must-play now.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Idk what kind of contract Bluepoint has with Sony regarding Metacritic scores and bonuses, but for all my friends that worked on the game I am hoping 95+

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Im five hours in and holy shit! I dont have the nostalgia glasses on since I never played the original. But goddamn, this game is amazing.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Expecting 87. Pretty game but it is still Demon's Souls in the end. From has honed their craft and vastly improved upon the formular with later games.

brenobnfm

Sep 28, 2019

Some games even if not great, they're too easily digestible for the mainstream audiences (most of the "critics"). If the production values are there, the score can very much be above 90: Skyrim, Gears of War, God of War 2018, etc. This hardly will happen with something more elaborate and complex, like Arkane games.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Expecting 87. Pretty game but it is still Demon's Souls in the end. From has honed their craft and vastly improved upon the formular with later games.
That's how I came to my 87. Watched a few people stream it, and it plays like an older Souls game. Absolutely stunning to look at, but yeah, old school Souls (which many many many many people will love).

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I know why BP didn't want to make major changes, just look at how people reacted to all the minor stuff, but sticking so closely to the original game's design really did hamper what they could do with it.