• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
When the games biggest fault is not giving you the option to change back to the original music you know you got a masterpiece on your hands. The original was that already but I am really happy to see people recognize how amazing of a game this is.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Basically they polished the rough edges and added their own little flair here and there. This is basically a QTL Demon Souls.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
No doubt this is a beautiful remake, but it doesn't feel "next gen' to me, probably because of the underlying systems giving the game a distinct feel in animation + such to its original generation.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
It'll easily get 90+ but I don't even care, I started playing it today and it was everything I hoped for PLUS being the most fucking gorgeous game I have ever seen. Playing in cinematic mode HDR 4K on my LG C9 65" OLED has been mindblowing.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I'm guessing it will settle around 86. It's a remake so it will come with some of the baggage of the original. The souls like games have advanced a fair bit since ds so a slightly dated feel is expected.

Probably the best console launch game of all time.

Mario world, Mario 64 and breath of the wild are in a league beyond this.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't remember Demon's Souls well enough so I'm excited to jump in again, but I always seem to remember it having flaws that were improved in future souls games, no?

I don't see it doing better than other souls games unless I just don't remember how much of a masterpieces it was. It did get me into the games?

Have they made any gameplay changes? World tendency, lizards?

The dragon I seem to remember having to kill with a bow tediously?

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
the combat and new animations are fucking ACE.

I love the running two handed attack with the club. You do a little jump at put all your weight into the swing

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
For those who have played GoW extensively how does this game compare visually?

Certain games like GoW and Horizon were absolutely stunning in HDR on my display. I have not finished playing through TLoU2.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I hope this means more remake of that caliber in the future. I wouldn't mind Dark Souls and Bloodborne!

Oct 27, 2017
Would guess an 87- 88 or so when most scores are aggregated. Can't wait to play next week instead of just have the game sat by my PS4 Pro rather sadly as it is at the moment!

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Play this in performance mode, the 30fps mode just looks bad...and I'm not one to hate on 30fps. Spiderman in 30fps looks fine, but this game just needs 60fps.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
It'll easily get 90+ but I don't even care, I started playing it today and it was everything I hoped for PLUS being the most fucking gorgeous game I have ever seen. Playing in cinematic mode HDR 4K on my LG C9 65" OLED has been mindblowing.

There's practically no visual benefit to cinematic mode. I'd jump over to performance mode.

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
I'm guessing it will settle around 86. It's a remake so it will come with some of the baggage of the original. The souls like games have advanced a fair bit since ds so a slightly dated feel is expected.

Mario world, Mario 64 and breath of the wild are in a league beyond this.
Personally I'd only put Mario 64 a league above it.

Botw was cross-gen, and World wasn't that groundbreaking coming off of Super Mario Bros 3.

Super Mario was phenomenal though.
As much as I love Demon Souls I don't think any game will ever match the feeling of playing 64 at launch.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I forgot SMW was a launch SNES game... yeah I don't care how much of a Souls fanboy I am, you ain't touching no SMW (or 64, but especially World)

Meh SMW actually disappointed me after SMB3. The leap from SMB > SMB3 was greater than that from SMB3 > SMW in basically all respects. That's always been my opinion, even as an 8 year old when the SNES launched here.

But yea, Mario 64, Halo, BOTW aren't getting topped as launch titles anytime soon.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
89 was low for Demon's Souls despite the technical issues. It's also insane that BB is "only" at 92 on MC. One of the best games of all time. Same for Dark Souls.

These games are underrated on MC. No clue why though.
Probably because of the technical issues, Souls game are not reknown for polish

delete

Jul 4, 2019
While the graphics are great and the tweaks to the healing system are a welcome improvement, I think this will settle in the mid 80s.