• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Finally getting the recognition it deserved when it originally released. I'm aware it reviewed well even then, but I think a lot of folks still didn't get around to playing it.

Nov 1, 2017
"[Currently the highest rated Next-Gen Game]"

Impressive scores and by all accounts it seems to be an amazing game but that tag at the end of the title doesn't really scream major accomplishment when the competition is...uh...Godfall?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
DMC5:SE has been dethroned.

it was a nice couple of days....

cheers to demons souls though !

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why some of the reviews suggest this is more of a challenge than the Souls games, some of the bosses in this game are super easy.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
0pxfj2v0ohz51.jpg

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Fextralife's criticisms felt very much on point pertaining to missed opportunities to alleviate objectively problematic issues, like a sub-par camera. Not until Sekiro did FROM get their camera right. I have yet to see Vaati's review but in the preview, he was not pleased with whoever in charge put gated content in a title that originally had none.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Astros playroom. Best launch game easily imo.

Crazy enough, as much as I love DeS, Astro is by far the best launch game I've played. I did Demon's Souls until I got a trophy. Did bugsnax until I realized I was running out of time before work. And then played some Astro and WOW. Holy shit it is so fun. Like. Fucking hell I was blown away.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
"[Currently the highest rated Next-Gen Game]"

Impressive scores and by all accounts it seems to be an amazing game but that tag at the end of the title doesn't really scream major accomplishment when the competition is...uh...Godfall?
As other have pointed out there's still some other great launch games so it is a decent bar.

But I do thing that's a bit silly to point out considering it's a remake of a well received well beloved game.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Fextralife's criticisms felt very much on point pertaining to missed opportunities to alleviate objectively problematic issues, like a sub-par camera. Not until Sekiro did FROM get their camera right. I have yet to see Vaati's review but in the preview, he was not pleased with whoever in charge put gated content in a title that originally had none.

Hm? The camera in Sekiro has issues, too.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Hm? The camera in Sekiro has issues, too.

Actually, you are right. I misremembered thinking of DMC V (iirc) which allows for wall and object translucency and clipping so that the player does not become stuck and disorientated as they are being attacked by a boss or mob. I hated, absolutely hated the fighting Cleric Beast in BB on that long and narrow bridge because of this.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Actually, you are right. I misremembered thinking of DMC V (iirc) which allows for wall and object translucency and clipping so that the player does not become stuck and disorientated as they are being attacked by a boss or mob. I hated, absolutely hated the fighting Cleric Beast in BB on that long and narrow bridge because of this.

It gets especially bad in the fight against the Long-arm Centipede Giraffe. Good luck if you're anywhere near a wall!

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
9/10
www.gamereactor.eu

Demon's Souls (PS5) - Review

The punishing From Software title has been brought back-to-life, looking better than ever on the PS5.

9/10
metro.co.uk

Demon’s Souls PS5 review - the launch game From Hell

The most graphically advanced game on the PS5 is a remake of the forerunner to Dark Souls and it's a definite game of the year contender.
Ya sure about that metro!?!?!?

World tendency still feels like something that could have been cut and no-one would've complained. Very expensive.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
TrueGaming 9/10
A remake that captured the soul essence of the original, presented in a revamped look that demonstrates the potential of the Playstation 5.
www.true-gaming.net

ترو جيمنج Demon’s Souls - مراجعة

هل أنت مستعد لهذا العذاب من جديد؟

Everyeye.it 8.8
A great self-denial is required to cross the kingdom of King Allant, but the adventure in the mists of Boletaria is one of those literally unforgettable, imperfect and for this very reason unmatched.
www.everyeye.it

Demon's Souls PS5 Recensione: un remake straordinario

Estremamente fedele all'opera originale, il remake di Bluepoint è un'opera visivamente magnetica e molto punitiva sul fronte del gameplay.

Vandal 9.5
vandal.elespanol.com

Análisis Demon's Souls Remake, el origen del alma oscura

Bluepoint Games vuelve a firmar uno de los mejores remakes de la historia y el primer gran imprescindible de PS5.

SpazioGames 8.8
Demons' Souls is probably the most respectful remake we've ever seen: the core is the same, but the game finally looks like a real next-gen opera that enhances a true pillar of the genre.
www.spaziogames.it

Demon's Souls | Video Recensione PS5 - Da mito a leggenda

Con Demon's Souls, Bluepoint Games riesce a superare se stessa e ci regala uno dei migliori remake di sempre, riproponendo il gioco che diede inizio a un filone di enorme successo.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
93 is nuts for metacritic so early on. I don't think the Xbox One ever even got a game that high. Outside of multiplats obviously.
What are the chances it will stay that high?

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm not great at video games - generally pick normal mode in most games. What's the right combination of class / items that turns this into a bit of easy mode (or at least a regular game difficulty)? Any recommendations?

As the atmosphere, setting, design, etc seem fascinating to me, and I don't mind a bit of trial and run gameplay, but if it requires twitch gameplay on parrying / dodging, I may struggle.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm not great at video games - generally pick normal mode in most games. What's the right combination of class / items that turns this into a bit of easy mode (or at least a regular game difficulty)? Any recommendations?

As the atmosphere, setting, design, etc seem fascinating to me, and I don't mind a bit of trial and run gameplay, but if it requires twitch gameplay on parrying / dodging, I may struggle.

If it plays remotely anything like the original (and from all accounts it does), getting behind most enemies and backstabbing them is cake.

The challenge comes in the form of environmental exploration and dealing with traps you're not expecting and challenging bosses.

Just go with a magic build to take on stuff at range and you'll have a super easy go at the special/boss encounters.

But as far as Soulslike games go, Demon's is pretty easy.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Play the Royal class, kill everything with magic, backstab everything you can't.

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020

People will tell you easy mode is Royalty class but these are veterans telling you this. If you choose royalty class, the only way to make the game "easy" is to use guides to get specific items which will not be easy for a newcomer to the series.

Pick whatever class you think looks cool and will suit your play style then take it from there. The game is challenging, but it's reputation is overblown at this point. You'll be good. If you run into issues, summon phantoms to beat a boss you are stuck on.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017

Magic will help a lot. I couldn't get through Demon's souls without it - it was only when I played dark souls that I decided to be melee only.

I think melee is more fun and worth the time to learn, but having magic in your back pocket will definitely make things easier access the board.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
In other words:
Everyone must fall in line. Outside opinions must be ostracized. The hive mind echo chamber must persevere.

Dissidents will be punished.

EDIT: I wrote that comment as a joke and I interpreted you response also as a joke. My bad and apologies if it was misunderstood as a critic to the italian media.

Last edited: