• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Looked like the player was tearing through it with ease. Will there be a difficulty setting?!? One can only hope...
Isn't that just the tutorial area? I haven't played Demon's Souls myself but I did beat Bloodborne and played some of Dark Souls 3 and recall the first several enemies going down in one or two hits max in the opening areas. Unless I'm remembering them wrong.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
It feels so right that this ridiculous technological and artistic provess is applied to what you KNOW is a legendary & revolutionary Action RPG that offers a potential hundreds of hours of pure distilled gameplay goodness. It has always played 10/10 but now it's also graphically 10/10. It's an absolute dream scenario as a launch game for a next-gen console.

basically this. Demon's Souls is still unbeaten in atmosphere and sense of mystery. and a launch game no less, looking dreamy.

i just don't like the not centered camera but i'm sure they will make it optional.

Oct 30, 2017
Isn't that just the tutorial area? I haven't played Demon's Souls myself but I did beat Bloodborne and played some of Dark Souls 3 and recall the first several enemies going down in one or two hits max in the opening areas. Unless I'm remembering them wrong.
plus everyone, especially the developer, knows exactly how Demon's Souls plays. This isn't a revamped combat system and the complaints about the "easy" looking combat is sort of concern trolling since DeS's history clearly suggests otherwise--at least for newcomers.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just don't get all the hype about the graphics being amazing. Is this because people have played the original and as this looks so much better, it means the graphics are amazing?

The boss looked good. The other snippets at the end looked nice. 60fps is great..

BUT, the comments I'm seeing here seem somewhat hyperbole to me.

Someone says the lighting is amazing. What? Looks nice.

A lot of those textures look quite flat to me (ps3/ps4). They certainly look nothing like the UE5 demo at all.

The smashed rocks just disappear. Does the grass move under foot?

I guess I'm not seeing it. Please can someone explain what is so amazing about this games graphics (with evidence this looks next gen).

Pretty much the same with all the graphics shown in quite a few of the other games too (RE8 is the same - as she opens the door, her hand looks nice and detailed, yet the door looks flat as fuck, as it does in many other areas too).

If someone puts screenshots of many ps4 games next to this Demons Souls, do they look 'anything' like a generation apart whatsoever? (I know this DS is 60fps and I'm very happy about that) but I'm not convinced that is a good enough of an argument and nor do I think 'its in 4K' does enough to justify my statement. After all, DS is a remake of a game so that must go a long long way to saving time in making a game and the ps5 is far more powerful than a ps4.

1 nothing that looks this good on ps4 runs at 60fps
2 this has ray tracing and that's what makes the lighting look so good
3 this is a web stream, compression is going to ruin texture detail anyways and I don't agree here Anyways

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
You can tell the player is overleveled by the sheer fact he can fast roll despite all that armor and a shield.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Looks really great, though I hope that motion blur can be turned off (doubtful). It's really heavy handed.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
also, the visual mode can be eye melting but there's no way i ain't playing this beast with 60fps mode haha, the video was waay too smooth to pass.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
This looks amazing. I'm so damn happy this was remade as it's one of my favorite Souls titles. Even more happy that it's a launch title too.

Time to dust off the scraping spear.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
the demo was obviously adjusted so that the character was over powered so that they could run through the tutorial area as fast as possible so they could show off the boss.

Definitely wasn't one shooting the blue eye guys in OG demon souls.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
i legit got boosebumps during the whole demo. Demons is very special for me and after SOTC Remake and this demo, Bluepoint are dream makers. <3

i literally can't believe i'm gonna experience this again with all the modernizations the Soulsborne got thru the years.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Hmmm I think it looked amazing but something felt .. off? I dunno if it was the sound effects or just seeing a Souls game with that graphical quality but I feel a little put off. I'm sure it'll be amazing..I just can't put my finger on what is turning me off.

Hit detection on swings looked off to me? Thats what I felt was weird. Movement felt fine, but the attacks felt like they didn't hit or have the reaction I was expecting from enemies.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I can't stop watching this footage. Damn.

I'm so happy that it's coming day one. I would've sworn blind that this would be a Q1 game. We are blessed.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ. It's bringing tears to my eyes seeing one of my all time favorite games getting this treatment.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
This 60fps footage looks so damn good and this is the mode with less fidelity. Hard to imagine how much better this will look at 30fps. Bluepoint are really setting themselves apart here.

jxN3

Oct 3, 2018
What the fuck happened with the messaging behind this game? No date in the event, no tweet from anybody at Sony, we got Geoff Keighley handling the marketing for this game?

Why do I feel like this game suddenly was forced as a launch game within the week?

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved the improvement to the sound effects and the little cinematic flourishes. Everything feels like it has much more impact. It definitely helps make it a more interesting game to watch. The original did not make a good impression when watching videos.

This looks incredible. Like, Latria. So heavy. Lord almighty, so good. The swamps will be a sight to behold for sure. Looking forward to that descent.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
this will be my start of the soulsbourne world, gonna work my way through em over time. or i may just go demon souls then Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I can play this in November. Bluepoint's last game came out in 2018! They are a factory. A factory of goodness. Sonny bai dem.

Jul 15, 2019
Umbasa!

I recently played the PS3 version for the first time on PSNow and was completely blown away. Demon's Souls is an incredible game. I was wondering if Bluepoint would change the gameplay a lot, but am absolutely thrilled to see they kept the masterfully done gameplay of the original. And the remake's visual and audio design look and sound great! Not only are the graphics impressive, it felt like Demon's Souls.

Oct 28, 2017
looks amazing. sooooo hyped now. it looks like the feel of rolling around and the combat are largely unchanged, which is great news. they even put that source-less light that surrounds your character in there.

and i'm completely unconcerned about it appearing to be "easy." people said the exact same thing about the early section of dark souls 3 when it was demo'd. it's a combination of it being gimbed because it's being demo'd, and the very early section being very easy as a tutorial.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Card?
But not even a tweet afterwards from PlayStation… or is this some kind marketing?
I mean the slide that said it was coming to PC and other consoles basically. Maybe the correct slide was supposed to say November 19th or Launch and whatnot.

But yes the marketing in general feels like it is a bit uh just tossed up in the air after the presentation lol

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
Looked like the player was tearing through it with ease. Will there be a difficulty setting?!? One can only hope...

The difficulty was adjusted for the demo, i.e. welcome to every demo ever. The point was for the tester to get from point A to point B quickly, showing off the graphics more than anything else.

With that said, for a slow, methodical game like Demon's Souls, it's bizarre to see someone just running forward, nonstop, easily killing everything. That usually only happens when you return to a starting area with late-game gear, haha.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This 60fps footage looks so damn good and this is the mode with less fidelity. Hard to imagine how much better this will look at 30fps. Bluepoint are really setting themselves apart here.

I doubt the 30 fps will look much better than the 60fps version.I think the big difference will be 4k vs 1440p or 1080p.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay was obviously no purpose, show a generic hack and slash game, all good, no fuss, then get to the boss and get mauled. Its reminiscent to how many players experienced Demons Souls the first time.

I like that movement looks about the same as the original, its fairly distinct from Dark Souls

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I really hope the remove world tendancy. It was a shit system that encouraged playing offline.
I wouldn't mind if they kept it, because it made some really cool changes to the levels based on tendency. However, they should revamp it to make it easier to understand and maybe more controllable.

I don't personally know why the release date wasn't included in the trailer. But I knew Demon's Souls was a launch title for a while now, it was always the case.

Between the missing date on this, the incorrect information on the exclusive cards, and some other things missing; it really feels like this whole video was a victim of many people working from home in many different places all working on it. It really goes to show how the pandemic has affected a lot of their messaging this year.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
What the fuck happened with the messaging behind this game? No date in the event, no tweet from anybody at Sony, we got Geoff Keighley handling the marketing for this game?

Why do I feel like this game suddenly was forced as a launch game within the week?

How could you force a developer to launch a game in two months within this week, especially with the COVID situation?

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I don't personally know why the release date wasn't included in the trailer. But I knew Demon's Souls was a launch title for a while now, it was always the case.
I think it's because if they would have put the release date in the trailer it would have spoiled the reveal of the PS5 release date at the end of the conference? Same with Miles Morales saying "Holiday 2020".

They wanted the reveal of the PS5 release date and price to be a thing so they obviously couldn't have any of the dates in the trailers.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I think it's because if they would have put the release date in the trailer it would have spoiled the reveal of the PS5 release date at the end of the conference? Same with Miles Morales saying "Holiday 2020".

They wanted the reveal of the PS5 release date and price to be a thing so they obviously couldn't have any of the dates in the trailers.
Some title like Fortnite I think had something that said "Available at launch" or something like that, so they could have used that wording as well. It was very weird, when the trailer finished I was expecting a date or launch window, then nothing showed up and that made me think this game was probably still several months away from launch. Really happy that's not the case, but it would have been better to reflect that in the trailer itself.

Oct 26, 2017

"Available at Launch"
Problem solved