• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GuiltyGB

Apr 6, 2020
Not a fan of some of the art style changes but i'll play it day one for sure. One of my fav games of all time.

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
User Banned (2 Weeks): Hostility; Prior Bans for Hostility
Honestly fuck all of you haters

seriously if you truly wanted this game you'd stfu and just accept the fact that we got this game

holyfucking shit some of you, fucking christ

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Both show 3 "Mountain" Areas before it´s very obvious the same 4th scene.
Normal rocky Mountain as the first scene
Snowy Mountain as the second scene
And a Mountain scene with woods as the third one.

Obviously its not completetely 1 to 1, but imo it´s pretty obvious what they were going for

We'll simply agree to disagree here. I see a clear distinction.

Stillmatic

Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
ds1.jpg

like sure he doesn't look as good ingame as in the cgi intro, but he still doesn't have those giant horns that he has in the remake

What does it matter? You know who it is and it looks fucking great.

So hyped for this.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Can't wait to give this a second chance. I bounced off all the games until DS3 and so I've always wanted to go back to this game.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't criticism, it's revisionism.

People are bitching about how the Dragon looks like compared to the original, but the in-game art style of the Dragon in the OG DS was more similar in style to what we saw in the Remake's trailer.

We saw no actual gameplay, we have no idea what it'll look like outside of a CGI trailer. Fanboys complaining because it isn't exactly how they wanted it.
You want the criticism to be based on what we didn't see? What?...
There are direct screenshots comparisons in the thread, it's not revisionism.

hichanbis

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This remake invites players to experience the original brutal challenge, completely rebuilt from the ground up and masterfully enhanced with a new "Fractured Mode."

What the hell is a fractured mode?!

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing games are still doing the whole "do you want look good or run good?"

Why can't we have both? I'm hoping the performance focused mode is 120fps at least.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Disappointing games are still doing the whole "do you want look good or run good?"

Why can't we have both? I'm hoping the performance focused mode is 120fps at least.

It's confirmed to have two modes. one that emphasizes visuals and a second that emphasizes framerate. Some people are Always going to want to emphasize one over the other, so options are good.

Astraea

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I love what we've seen so far and think it looks great. I am really digging Flamelurker's new design. I'm excited!

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Well at least now I can finally get back my wonderful backstab/stealth build. Fatal Dagger +5 baby! I'm upset that I could never have a similar build in any other Souls game.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm ready to grind for 5 hours for a Pure Bladestone for the Platinum again. Let's gooooooo!
Lmao, I sure hope they change that so we don't have to farm 60 millions different type of stones that only work on some weapons, as well as something better than all those different sort of herbs for healing.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017

seriously if you truly wanted this game you'd stfu and just accept the fact that we got this game

Nah fuck that. If it was done by FROM then I'd be hyped. (not that a remake of DeS is at all necessary, but hey) Instead, it's done by a completely different studio — and one that already made a remake of SotC that was inferior to the original.

No thanks.

Leveean

Nov 9, 2017
The original game was ugly and unrefined (intro excluded) so they should be free to go nuts on the art style. Every level had the very shiny-but-very-flat look typical of the era.

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
This remake invites players to experience the original brutal challenge, completely rebuilt from the ground up and masterfully enhanced with a new "Fractured Mode."

What the hell is a fractured mode?!
I'd bet you its something like a randomizer mode. maybe it connects the levels in different ways maybe it randomizes item placements. something like that that isn't too much work but adds replayability.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
What are you talking about most of demon's souls takes place during the day. When the skull knight attacks to see like coming from the wall.
I'm talking about the specific shot in the trailer they showed today where the Dragon God is roaring in front of a full moon, and it looks bizarre because the global lighting is way too high so it looks brightly lit.

I really didn't truly want this game, does that mean I can still complain?

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
This looks so good. Never played the original so excited to check this one out.

Wonder when Bluepoint will show the real game they are working on, Legend of Dragoon. ;P

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Demon's Souls is an incredibly important game to me, maybe my favorite of all time.

I can be excited and happy for people to play a new version of it and also critical of how it has changed from its previous/original iteration and seemingly loses a quality I deeply enjoyed from it (that was missing in future From titles that it influenced)???

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to Imagine an even MORE bright, vibrant and orange 2-1 than the original. My retinas would never recover.

I'm reserving judgement but the raw, cold and muted bleakness of the original was a huge part of its personality, especially in worlds 1,3 and 4.

I'll give it shot regardless.

Deleted member 22002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They completely butchered Flamelurker's design.

maxresdefault.jpg

JzBHeiI.png

The original design is very rough to be honest. Like, going back from DS3 to a uprezzed version of that would be... awkward. FROM has grown a lot in 4 souls games in terms of elegance.

I can see why Bluepoint decided to take a step back and reimagine the game as a western action rpg (but with FROM's gameplay lovingly recreated, i'm sure)