• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
After their stellar work keeping Shadow of the Colossus faithful to the original, I have complete faith in Bluepoint. My real hope is that if they knock this one out of the park, Sony will tap them to make a Demon's Souls 2 (I so desperately want to go back to Boletaria for more)

Oh, 100%! That's exactly what I'm hoping as well. They now have the IP charged up. If this turns out well then it's time for more Boletaria!

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
I bet People who only know DaS I-III/BB bosses are going to be disappointed with the bunch of gimmick/puzzle bosse in DeS.

Also my OG, OKD is going to slap fools, who thought they got good...

gillian03

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Oct 30, 2017
My hype is growing thinking this may actually be coming out soon.

I've been craving replaying Dark Souls III after I finish the Witcher 3. But knowing this could be a fall/winter release makes me okay with waiting.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
My hype is growing thinking this may actually be coming out soon.

I've been craving replaying Dark Souls III after I finish the Witcher 3. But knowing this could be a fall/winter release makes me okay with waiting.
I want to play DS III again in 4K 60 on my OLED. But even on next gen consoles the game will probably run like shit if From does not provide any patch.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
For me having new Spiderman game and this would be a great launch for Ps5

But is Demons Souls not a bit niche for the wider audience? it would be a killer app for only a select few I imagine

It's relatively niche, but it's not niche for the people who are more likely to buy a system day 1.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I was decided to buy a next gen console when demon souls released, your move sony.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, Demon's Souls at launch would be killer. Even if it's not a launch game, it's obviously coming soon.

Oct 24, 2019
We only have one week left in August so it would have to be announced probably within the next 4 days if that is the case.

With all the random Sony stuff dropping today (like that DualSense article that just got released too), maybe they'll announce it today or tomorrow for next week... that would be ideal :)

Meech

Oct 29, 2017
Welp IF Demon Souls and Miles are launch titles. I'll probably have to Day 1 the PS5 then.

Oct 30, 2017
I want to play DS III again in 4K 60 on my OLED. But even on next gen consoles the game will probably run like shit if From does not provide any patch.
I can't speak for any resolution bumps. We probably won't get 4k without a patch.

But the PS4 Pro already does upper 40s and mid 50s for frame rate. An additional PS5 boost mode can probably push this game to a near locked 60.

Ah I bet that game looks great in 4k.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I can't speak for any resolution bumps. We probably won't get 4k without a patch.

But the PS4 Pro already does upper 40s and mid 50s for frame rate. An additional PS5 boost mode can probably push this game to a near locked 60.

Ah I bet that game looks great in 4k.
okok, I'll just try it when I get a PS5 :) I'm still using a PS4 Slim

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Spider-man MM + Demon Souls at launch? This might be a mighty launch lineup alone.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
One of those games that are still stuck on the PS3. For me, this would be THE reason to buy the PS5 at launch.

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
Sackboy: A Big Adventure and Destruction AllStars have been very long in development, so I imagine they're not far out either.

I think they'll stagger some releases to keep a steady stream of games coming in the first 6 months of release though.

Having said that, Demon's Souls at launch would be incredible.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
DeS would be thé reason for me to get a PS5 early. If Ratchet could hit that launch window too the lineup could start looking pretty good.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
There is no need to cram too much games on launch. The console will sell regardless.

I think they will space it out a bit - Miles is November, GT7 in December, Demons in January.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
This would be the only game to get me excited if it were launching this year. I really want to give this game another shot after hating it on the PS3

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Without any indication when it was going to launch this year at its announcement, this seems like a surprise. Don't know if i'll believe a launch release or if they are moving some feauture for post-launch updates like that new mode they purged from the video description.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
It's gonna be really difficult to buy a PS4 at launch, isn't it?

Spider-Man Miles Morales + Demons Souls is just too good to let it pass.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
If this is a launch title and I can only get it on a PS5 I'm getting a PS5 much, much sooner than I thought I would.

Oct 1, 2019
Hold up a minute! So you're telling me that Sony's about to give us The Last of Us: Part 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, and Demon's Souls Remake in a single year?!

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
If it's coming out this year, that would be crazy but I'm not getting my hopes up.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
what the hell. sony is really gonna be on some shit this first launch year i thought this game would be out maybe next year.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If this is a launch title, and reviews well, it would actually make me strongly consider going from waiting 6-12 months to pick up a PS5, to getting one at launch.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
After their stellar work keeping Shadow of the Colossus faithful to the original, I have complete faith in Bluepoint. My real hope is that if they knock this one out of the park, Sony will tap them to make a Demon's Souls 2 (I so desperately want to go back to Boletaria for more)
Demon's Souls 2 by Bluepoint ? Come on.