• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
I await the results of how these characters look in creation window vs how they look during gameplay. Hoping it will not be like Dragon Age Inquisition *fingers crossed*

Presumably they will start off by being modelled after the high poly renders we saw during loading screens and then additional flourishes may be introduced:

As a point of comparison-

LMf6P.png

Newer in-game/in-engine version:

prmvVsH.png

EQEJc2t.png

As for (most of) the rest:

vt4Cc.jpg

UVrkp.jpg

cJRGN.png

30tD9.png

LqrdE.png

grd2a.jpg

fmIGs.png

MeJmm.jpg

1iJYo.jpg

2hYKB.png

Nw92V.png

IqJFd.jpg

0v9l8.png

0bwzA.png

A2Y87.png
I loved these loading screens

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
yeah it's fun. I especially like invading, not for griefing (if I see a person that clearly just isn't into it I leave) but for the fuckery of playing the hide and seek and messing with the environment. Also lots of funny situations with pvp and coop lol

41506e85d6c2fa16b225b624b0ccfa04.gif

1C50165EE984471EF2B7C296B28E2C3A1CFB7EC5
What is that enemy in the 2nd gif? Played this game like 4 times and cant tell.

Duo VII

Banned
Dec 11, 2017
I'm always be sour about Wander's bloated/puffy face, but this looks fucking grand. I know how I'll be spending the first 2 hours next Thursday on release.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
They 100% are. The whole series has this weird otherworldliness to it that Bluepoint is stripping out of the game. The enemy and environment designs have been butchered in the same way. They're taking all this stuff that's supposed to be weird and alien and wrong, and making it literal and realistic.
lol

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
I can't wait to make my usual Souls game disgusting freak character in higher definition than ever before!

VJTsgzY.png

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to make my usual Souls game disgusting freak character in higher definition than ever before!

VJTsgzY.png

What are you saying? This is a beauty! Look at those big eyes and luscious lashes, the rosy cheek glow, aristocratic nose and chiseled jawline.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
OMG Black characters look good, I don't remember what mine looked like in Demon's Souls PS3 but this character creator look so much better. Ahhhh, must resist.

Let them remake Bloodborne for PS6 or something.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
This looks mad. I've always worn helmets though so I probably won't bother with it too much on my first play though.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, is it really a Souls game if the characters look human?
it looks amazing I need it now

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
Looks like the in-game UI is also very clean and 'Skyrim'/'Neverwinter Nights'/'Bloodborne' like:

EmF5-VdVgAAYi-l

As seen with the 'You Died' and Character Creator / Photo Mode.

Yikes, aside from the eye that looks like temp programmer art. Newer Souls/Bloodborne games were just as simple but at least added little details to retain some sort of character or sense of the world. This is just maybe a minute in photoshop with the shape tool. I'd expect this from an NES game.

Nah. From's published hundreds of pages of concept art featuring the same slightly alien, weirdly proportioned characters. It's not a budgetary or technical issue. It's intentional.
Dark Soul's had some face types which looked more like old school depictions of fantasy characters like how old elves look alien but Demon's Souls just had normal looking people based off the real world. I do think these people look like they are in way too perfect or good of shape though.

Last edited: