• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
50567653452_268f0d4611_o.jpg

I like that this one looks distinctly Souls-character-builder-y while also looking kinda good. I think it's the lips.

OP
OP
Wollan

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Can we hide the helmet in-game or is that only in photo mode?
It sounds like you can.
If you hide the helmet in your custom filter and choose 'Persist filter to gameplay' then you will be able to play without a visible helmet but still enjoy the stats & buffs.

edit: That's my speculation based on given information/images. We will see.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Call me crazy, but I'm kinda used to how derpy Souls characters look. And I don't think I can take a world where a new Souls release doesn't immediately generate a new Monster Factory episode.

D6MW8lgUUAAoSVo.jpg

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
They did it before From omg. I wonder if there are people that are like the bad character creator was an intended design decision and Bluepoint is ruining that now.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Prepostorous! Weird goblin-humans are part of Miyazaki's Visionâ„¢.
Joke?

Oct 27, 2017
Don't you go hollow after a death in Demon's Souls like in Dark Souls? It's super impressive, but it kinda feels like a waste to me since your character will look like beef jerky after you die, and 99% of people will cover the face up with a helmet anyway.
I'm willing to bet there's a hide helm option. One of From's more glaring omissions.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Cool, now tell me how to get the native PNG screenshots (if we can even still switch to png) off the console. That would be an even more important info.

I hope at least USB sticks still work.

Cugel

â–² Legend â–²
Nov 7, 2017
Unsure how I feel about the photo mode pausing the game TBH

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
Can finally make a black character without looking up on YouTube how to do it haha! (Had to do it for Dark souls 3/Bloodborne) Plus black hairstyles!

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
They did it before From omg. I wonder if there are people that are like the bad character creator was an intended design decision and Bluepoint is ruining that now.
Yeah I mean personally I don't want a realistic CC, it's darksouls lol the amount of hilarious characters I've come across is sorta a draw of the game. Especially when you make a build for one.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
Prepostorous! Weird goblin-humans are part of Miyazaki's Visionâ„¢.
They 100% are. The whole series has this weird otherworldliness to it that Bluepoint is stripping out of the game. The enemy and environment designs have been butchered in the same way. They're taking all this stuff that's supposed to be weird and alien and wrong, and making it literal and realistic.

Cugel

â–² Legend â–²
Nov 7, 2017
BTW, that "modern" looking UI is shit. That's how we end up with the fucking YOU DIED font. Original UI look was 300% better (while clunky).

Give us medieval-looking textures and font FFS

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes Bluepoint. Now just announce that you can hide your helmet (even though I won't wear one if I have to, like the old Fashion Souls days) and we're golden.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
That character looks like a real black person. That's a pretty big step up from what I've seen from other games.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Yeah I mean personally I don't want a realistic CC, it's darksouls lol the amount of hilarious characters I've come across is sorta a draw of the game. Especially when you make a build for one.
I think they said you can still make weird looking Characters. Don't know about monstrosities, but i expect that weird ass looking green goblin humanoids will still be possible.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Wow what a massive improvement. Can't wait to see Lobos create the ugliest looking things with it lol.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
Wow I just realized that the character creator background isn't pitch black. Doesn't bluepoint realize that the blackness represented being born into a world of cold bleak isolation? I swear they continue to not understand the true vision of Demon's Souls. /s

Last edited: