• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
I take that as a challenge. I shall be recreating this in the remake just for you.

I'm pretty good at recreating the faces.

24i2ThX.jpg

Source

OKQTL8n.jpg

Recreation
Eh i found it much easiser to create a decent looking character in ds2 it's the only nice thing i can say about it.

I guess Photo Mode is only available in Offline mode?
They've said that the only restriction to Photo Mode is it's disabled when you're invaded, which doesn't close the door on it working online, but I'm honestly not sure how it would work in co-op. Ask folks to stand still, I guess?

That said, I think that more or less confirms that
Old Monk
won't be available for Photo Mode.

Oct 25, 2017

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I'll already be getting stomped by mad skilled AI, I don't need actual humans to do the same as well.
lol! But combat now might feel a little different, especially if you're playing at 60fps. Give it a shot! you might surprise yourself and wipe the floor with some invaders since you'll likely be better than straight newcomers at the game.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never care for character creator and photo mode but i am interested to see the filters,especially the PS3 one,during gameplay.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Eh i found it much easiser to create a decent looking character in ds2 it's the only nice thing i can say about it.

It's really just DS1 and Demons that are hard to make good faces. DS2, DS3, and Bloodborne you don't have to put in nearly as much time or effort to get something good.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This one game alone is worth the next gen buy in, I swear to god this is potentially GOTY worthy.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It's impressive, but it has also been two generations since DeS. All kinds of tech has been improving here for a while now.

This is shows me we need more remasters. Gaming is a medium where tech upgrades matter a lot.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
With how BP said they are not removing certain exploitable/fun glitches from this game I don't doubt they will allow you to make some ugly people if need be with this character creator

Oct 27, 2017
It's impressive, but it has also been two generations since DeS. All kinds of tech has been improving here for a while now.

This is shows me we need more remasters. Gaming is a medium where tech upgrades matter a lot.
Even at the time against comparable games, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls had an atrocious creation system, probably largely due to the budget.

A large part of the improvement likely is advances in creation systems in general and learnings from how to develop them, but the quality of the From creation tools (even up to Bloodborne) is not particularly good. Unless you put in quite a bit of effort you're almost certainly going to get a poorly designed character.

I don't think that's necessarily an issue (particularly in Demon's Souls, towards the end game for characters you'll rarely see their model anyway [due to certain optimal armour*]) but the general standard of characters created is quite low.

Only spoiling for those incredibly sensitive to spoilers, but to be explicit I'm just referring here to the fact that 90% of male characters ended up using the King's Armour set at the end, and 90% of female characters used the Binded Cross Set])

**Edit: I had misremembered what the female armour set looks like.

Last edited:

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As long as I can still create insults to word human with this thing, we're good. Of course they'll only show off the best case scenarios.

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not black here, but it seems that it's a huge improvement in black characters creation.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Looks very good but also weirdly non souls like, it reminds me more of the Dragon Age Inquisition character creator.