• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
The characters look incredible.

Although there was an appeal in the bizarre and ugly creations you could make in the original, this is undoubtedly a vastly better creation system.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like a spit in the face of Miyazaki-sama's original vision. You were a fallen warrior in a dead world, not some super model. The terrible character creator in Demon's Souls perfectly captured this spirit while this looks like something out of a casual mobile game.
For the record guys, this a parody post of all the dudes who slob on anything lord Miyazaki breathes on, so don't take it seriously.

Elden Ring will have some big shoes to fill in order to be as good as this seems to be.
I don't think From is particularly worried about this. While this stands a really good chance of looking better than Elden Ring, Elden Ring is also going to be a much, much larger game, built on years and years of gameplay refinements. That's not really a put-down for Demon's Souls here, so much as it's taking stock of what the situation is and why From still has a hell of a lot to offer that this project won't be able to reach due to its nature as a remake.

Oct 27, 2017
From the article

" By the way, all filters are also available outside of Photo Mode during ordinary gameplay, including one designed to tune brightness, contrast and color levels to closely resemble those of the original PS3 game, for those who may prefer that classic look."

Was this already known. Very cool that you can apply filters during actual gameplay.
Yeah they said so in the interviews a while back

ZixlerBavala

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think From is particularly worried about this. While this stands a really good chance of looking better than Elden Ring, Elden Ring is also going to be a much, much larger game, built on years and years of gameplay refinements. That's not really a put-down for Demon's Souls here, so much as it's taking stock of what the situation is and why From still has a hell of a lot to offer that this project won't be able to reach due to its nature as a remake.

Sure, I was just referring the character creator, but I see that my post wasn't very clear.

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
I haven't played this game before. There a good chance you're gonna spend most of it under a helmet anyway?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
What did the characters look like before?

KOdaAGk_d.jpg

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
Feels like a spit in the face of Miyazaki-sama's original vision. You were a fallen warrior in a dead world, not some super model. The terrible character creator in Demon's Souls perfectly captured this spirit while this looks like something out of a casual mobile game.
Are you serious? You can still make characters as ugly and disgusting as you want.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
From the article

" By the way, all filters are also available outside of Photo Mode during ordinary gameplay, including one designed to tune brightness, contrast and color levels to closely resemble those of the original PS3 game, for those who may prefer that classic look."

Was this already known. Very cool that you can apply filters during actual gameplay.
Was already known

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Good looking Souls characters? BLASPHEMOUS

Nah jk, looks gorgeous
HOLY SHIT a good character creator in a Souls game!!
The character creator can make things that look actually human?

#NotMySoulsborne
Good faces seem wrong. Hopefully you can still make a monster.

I know this is sorta a meme, but I love Souls creators and the results I've gotten from it

Bloodborne
ps_messages_20191103_pck1t.jpg

ps_messages_20191103_5yj08.jpg

Dark Souls 3
ps_messages_20191103_12k87.jpg

Dark Souls 1
ps_messages_20191103_pckjz.jpg

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Blue point is missing the essence of demon souls. The characters you create are supposed to be ugly to symbolize hopelessness. You are meant to confuse the player character with a boss because both are ugly.

Demon Souls always had a different ugly vibe compared to Dark Souls and it is upsetting that bluepoint is missing the point of the original ugliness for us purists.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I played Dark Souls 3 as a drag queen. Let me be a queen Bluepoint.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That looks so good it almost feels wrong, haha. I wonder if Elden Ring can compete with these graphics? Probably not since it's cross-gen.

Also, I hope they didn't ruin the beautifully simplistic character creation music:

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ

Edit: /s
You shouldn't have edited the /s in '-)

This is 9/10 now...

10/10 before!

Also Blue-point should just remake BB at this point. These graphics and create mode with 60fps Bloodborne gameplay plus all the DLC is pretty much BB2 as far as I'm concerned. Do it! Even on PS4 it's an already outdated looking in my opinion.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know this is sorta a meme, but I love Souls creators and the results I've gotten from it

Bloodborne
ps_messages_20191103_pck1t.jpg

ps_messages_20191103_5yj08.jpg

Dark Souls 3
ps_messages_20191103_12k87.jpg

Dark Souls 1
ps_messages_20191103_pckjz.jpg
Soulsborne create a character can make decent characters of a certain type and that's it.

As a black person, let's just say I've never been satisfied with a Soulsborne character creator. Ever.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
They said thousands more choices too. So if your goal is to make a fromsoft goblin as per tradition, maybe you can.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Blue point is missing the essence of demon souls. The characters you create are supposed to be ugly to symbolize hopelessness. You are meant to confuse the player character with a boss because both are ugly.

Demon Souls always had a different ugly vibe compared to Dark Souls and it is upsetting that bluepoint is missing the point of the original ugliness for us purists.
Worst part is that I can't tell if this is parody or not anymore on this website.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I was not expecting it to look that good. Wowzers.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Bluepoint keep knocking it out the park.

Does Photo Mode mean we can essentially pause the game? 🤔