• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Someone hook us up with Valley of Defilement screenshots. 5-2 with the sunlight coming into the sky pls.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Spending too much time in the character creator, as usual in these types of games.

EfYCRYz.jpg
g944M07.jpg
r3JLD3U.jpg

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
Can confirm you cannot switch between video modes while photo mode is open šŸ˜”

I made a new character when trying out cinematic mode. Performance mode already looks amazing, but native 4K is *chefkiss*

Dbi7pM0.jpg

IHVqdn6.jpg

zrBfJWq.jpg

wxoCnoF.jpg

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Really wish you could disable messages and whatnot while in photo mode, but ah well.
Yeah, my request for a photo mode patch would be features that Nioh 2's photo has, which is::
- Allow disabling of user "auras" (soul form, or various buffs like the thief ring smoke, the passive regen glow etc)
- Hide messages and/or bloodstains
- Hide the glow from loot items
- Add a light source that you can move around. Might be more complicated, but Nioh 2 had this, up to 3 different light sources, too, it was neat, you could even adjust their colour/tones

I'd really love the first 2 in particular. Bluepoint if you're reading this somehow... plz šŸ™ (also unrelated but can we please skip the Old Monk cut scene and show how many items we already have + the total cost when we buy items xD)

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
Yeah, my request for a photo mode patch would be features that Nioh 2's photo has, which is::
- Allow disabling of user "auras" (soul form, or various buffs like the thief ring smoke, the passive regen glow etc)
- Hide messages and/or bloodstains
- Hide the glow from loot items
- Add a light source that you can move around. Might be more complicated, but Nioh 2 had this, up to 3 different light sources, too, it was neat, you could even adjust their colour/tones

I'd really love the first 2 in particular. Bluepoint if you're reading this somehow... plz šŸ™ (also unrelated but can we please skip the Old Monk cut scene and show how many items we already have + the total cost when we buy items xD)
I second all of this. And on top of that, have photo mode temporarily switch to cinematic mode.

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
7tV673h.jpg
XIt24SV.jpg

bluepoint, plz add user editable light sources like they have in MM ;_; i need them

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Bridge is the Macchu Picchu of Boletaria, lol.

demonssouls_202011170t9kr5.png

demonssouls_202011170xkk9u.png

MrBungle26

Feb 20, 2018
Philadelphia, PA
8qodQM2.jpg
jkTpfAP.jpg
YeljL8f.jpg
ofQomIk.jpg
YZI6fbU.jpg

These are in JPG too unfortunately. I went to switch to PNG, but it was greyed out for me. Regardless, enjoying the photo mode with this beautiful game.

Edit: The HDR screenshot setting was the culprit. From now on I should have PNG's.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Can confirm you cannot switch between video modes while photo mode is open šŸ˜”

I made a new character when trying out cinematic mode. Performance mode already looks amazing, but native 4K is *chefkiss*

Dbi7pM0.jpg

IHVqdn6.jpg

zrBfJWq.jpg

wxoCnoF.jpg

This dude looks incredible, and so much work clearly went into these facial expressions that no player could ever appreciate in-game.

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
This dude looks incredible, and so much work clearly went into these facial expressions that no player could ever appreciate in-game.
I'm really happy how he looks in-game. The 2nd and 4th are one of the photo mode expressions. I forget which one it was, anguished or scared? One of those turned down almost completely gave him that exhuasted, anxious look. His face in combat was unchanged.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry that these two aren't the most exciting, but decided to take them after redesigning my character. Plan to do more later.

(Although I really like the framing I got in the first one!)
EnHHgA8WMAADkZ_

EnHHgWOXMAEVcgh

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Btw the grimace/intense expression during the combat shots wasn't changed in photo mode, your character actually makes facial expressions when fighting, taking damage etc. now

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Please patch in a "human mode" toggle, thx Bluepoint šŸ˜˜

demonssouls_2020111818ijic.jpg

Not gonna mess with my alt for a while, but I really like his look:

demonssouls_2020111815pkn1.png

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
The Tower of Latria is HORRIFYING in this game. Bluepoint really outdid themselves with this one. I feel way more unnerved going through it in this game compared to the original.

Also, ToL makes it all the more clear that Sony should revisit Bloodborne in some way. Hell, have Bluepoint do a remake of Bloodborne. It would be incredible.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
What are your export settings folks? I gather png but do you go highest resolution?

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
What are your export settings folks? I gather png but do you go highest resolution?
Yeah PNG, I'm prob 1 of 10 people playing in cinematic mode. Set images to save in 4K, but if the PS5 behaves like PS4 did (I would assume so) you can set your capture size to 4K regardless what TV resolution you have since it'll capture the rendering resolution.