• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
Demons-Souls_20201113005531.jpg
I love this!
The lighting in this game is really something else.
I'm not a togger but the framing/composition on these seems really cool. Some very powerful angles/shots, as well as the actual gfx themselves.

Nicely done!
Thanks!! I like to pause in the middle of combat in games, but normally it's no so risky. Some of that desperation/anxiety is affecting how I shoot haha
These real lol? Looks like photos marketing would use
Thank you! They are real lol, but touched up a bit in post (color, contrast, nothing major). It can be done in the photo mode itself but I prefer to take as-is and just do that stuff later.
Answer is probably no, but can you switch modes within Photo Mode? That should be standard, tbh.

Amazing shots already!

I haven't found a way to switch between video modes in the PM. I agree it should be standard. I'm realizing now... I never tried accessing the main menu when the PM was open, I'll have to try that later.
Love this one, has some real GTFO energy going on.
Lol thanks! I have an alt with just the backstab but the second enemy jumped in which gave the scene more frantic energy.
👀
Wow these are sublime photos. Very, very well done.

I may have to get this game just to take pictures. I bought Demon's Souls right before Dark Souls came out (I had the CE preordered so I figured I'd get my toes wet with the first game). After struggling for a few hours, I promptly shelved the game and cancelled by Dark Souls preorder.

I love photo modes in games, so maybe it's time to give the game another shot 🤔
Thank you! It took me several attempts to get into the series but eventually everything will click. Once you learn enemy behaviours it can be pretty easy to abuse the AI if you really need to.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Incredible. The game is no less than the finest looking fantasy world ever in a game. Really has a "reach out and touch things" feel to it

A2thesee

Oct 25, 2017
Whats the best way to export photos? I only see twitter under share options. Would like to post some shots.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Literally promotional posters that were always heavily edited,filtered and never in game, are now just a frame of gameplay time. This is next gen for real

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, so you have to disable HDR in order to capture PNGs? Ah well, I like this first shot.

demonssouls_202011161zok8v.jpg

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
Hmm, so you have to disable HDR in order to capture PNGs? Ah well, I like this first shot.

demonssouls_202011161zok8v.jpg
You can use HDR and take screenshots as PNGs but the screenshots will save in SDR. You can capture screenshots in HDR but they can only be exported as JPGs. At least that's how I understand that setting, it's what I've been doing. Cool character btw!

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
I just missed out on the preorders for the first shipment of ps5s at my local, wasn't too fussed... this thread has me feeling it now.
Some of the photos in here are amazing, great work.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful pictures, everyone! :)

I do have to remark though that Bluepoint is imo still not quite on top of their character model game. Vast improvement over Shadow of the Colossus, but they do imo drag the overall visual quality a bit down. Environment art and creature art look phenomenal though.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
From now on every single game should have this option were the graphic setting in photo mode could be then used during gameplay.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Did we finally reach the time when the IQ is CG like? The shots look awesome.
Does the game have any Aliasing problems, shimmering problems?

I don't have a PS5 yet.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Did we finally reach the time when the IQ is CG like? The shots look awesome.
Does the game have any Aliasing problems, shimmering problems?

I don't have a PS5 yet.

Nope, not from normal viewing distacne. It's very sharp , clean and 60fps . Can't get any better imo. I have only played in performance mode.

Last edited:

jxN3

Oct 3, 2018
Stunning shots folks.

This may very well be the best looking game I have ever seen.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I'm gonna spam this thread haha... took so many shots. Sadly I forgot to turn on PNG saving early on, so my first few shots are JPG.

I'll post more later, but to start with:

Demons-Souls_20201113025439.jpg

Demons-Souls_20201113034158.jpg

These shots make me think that this is pretty much matching Deep Down's reveal, both in terms of graphics and aesthetics. How far we've come.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Wow. So many of these look like caps from CG cutscenes or official promotional art. It's obscene that the game looks like this.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Some crazy good photos here. I wish I could play it just to experience the next gen visuals but I just dont have the patience to die so often lol