• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the digital deluxe edition and I have the reaper scythe in Thomas's inventory, but none of the other material is there, neither armor set and none of the items. Does anyone have any idea why this is? I know Sony won't refund it now because I've already downloaded the pre-order content, but I'd rather not be out that huge cost and have barely anything to show for it.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Downloading now. Can't decide whether to play male or female. Are there any stat differences?

I don't think so? But there are a couple of gender body type-locked armors. I'll be starting with a fancy lady Royalty-class, and probably a meathead with a mashed-up face STR build as my alt.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I've never tried a magic character before. I'm playing knight but I'll probably make an alt for magic.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
So, repeating questions I asked previously:

- Has anyone successfully reached PWWT in one world? Can someone show the UI difference? I know there are online shenanigans, but geez, I killed 2 bosses in world 1 (without dying in body form) and I see zero difference in the Tendency UI, and of course the path to Miralda's tower is still locked. I want that binded set, dammit.

- Is there any way to kill the red dragon without just spamming arrows forever? If not, how many arrows are needed?

And new question, because why not:

- Can players drop items for other players? Including armour or gear.

Thanks~

I want to be a sword and board kind of guy, strength and life and damage, and okay speed / endurance. I don't care for magic. What class should I be? Temple knight?
Yes.

Downloading now. Can't decide whether to play male or female. Are there any stat differences?
No. There are some armour sets that are restricted by body type, but only a few, most are unisex, and it won't affect defense stats much or anything, just looks.

Did I miss any key items/gear by rushing through the tutorial section?
Not really. There's some rewards for beating the tutorial boss, but nothing major that you can't find later.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Some questions:

1. For the world tendency stuff, is it still best to just always kill yourself in the nexus after you get your body back and just always play as a phantom?
2. I started Temple Knight, any suggestions on fun builds? Is Claymore good because I'm thinking of grabbing that when I can?

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
The lighting is *chef's kiss* too.

EmtmAsYXYAAy3u9
Mother of God.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Some questions:

1. For the world tendency stuff, is it still best to just always kill yourself in the nexus after you get your body back and just always play as a phantom?
2. I started Temple Knight, any suggestions on fun builds? Is Claymore good because I'm thinking of grabbing that when I can?
At launch it should be pretty easy to move towards pure white by putting down summon symbols.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Made it to Shrine of Storms, these skellingtons are super easy to parry so far but I'm all outta grass and have to farm souls now :/

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Some questions:

If you want to remain light on world tendency then yes. Dying in human form will brick the chances of that.

Claymore is very good. Ive got it +4 and its wrecking. I two-hand it without a shield and its great.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
My hdr settings are not available for this game. I"m i missing something here?

edit: nevermind, got it to work.

Last edited:

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
So, repeating questions I asked previously:

- Has anyone successfully reached PWWT in one world? Can someone show the UI difference? I know there are online shenanigans, but geez, I killed 2 bosses in world 1 (without dying in body form) and I see zero difference in the Tendency UI, and of course the path to Miralda's tower is still locked. I want that binded set, dammit.

- Is there any way to kill the red dragon without just spamming arrows forever? If not, how many arrows are needed?

And new question, because why not:

- Can players drop items for other players? Including armour or gear.

Thanks~

Yes.

No. There are some armour sets that are restricted by body type, but only a few, most are unisex, and it won't affect defense stats much or anything, just looks.

Not really. There's some rewards for beating the tutorial boss, but nothing major that you can't find later.
Answers interests me, can you tell me on Discord if you get any, in case I miss them

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Accidentally killed the merchant in 2-1 that sell shards and now I'm stuck farming blobs for them. :(

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, so how are the multiple characters handled? Do they each have their separate game states, or are they all sharing the same world?

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Anyone else had issues with the camera in confined corridors? I was in the Dragon God fight earlier and was having problems with it making an already irritating fight worse.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! I'll probably be playing a lot tonight. My PSN is:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
If we're both online and you feel like doing that, let me know! I've got no ranged weapons and it's pretty rough. I got the blessed mace but usually die around that spot. I thought forcing black tendency would help me farm faintstone from the regular enemies here but I might be wrong... not a single drop.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else had issues with the camera in confined corridors? I was in the Dragon God fight earlier and was having problems with it making an already irritating fight worse.
Yes, more so than the original, I think. I have fallen off ledges or blindly attacked while staring at a zoomed in wall countless times. I'll chalk it up to me being rusty for now but it's happened a lot

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
As someone who's only beaten Bloodborne in the 'souls' series of games, the lack of lamp-like checkpoints is pushing my anxiety through the roof lol. I'm cautious in every single step.

Opening up shortcuts helps but damn it's not the same.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm doing something wrong... I keep seeing people say that Demon's Souls is the easiest of the souls games, but I'm having a much harder time in this than Bloodborne.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I feel like I'm doing something wrong... I keep seeing people say that Demon's Souls is the easiest of the souls games, but I'm having a much harder time in this than Bloodborne.
Its easier once you know the breakpoints, however if you're flying blind it's one of the harder ones.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who's only beaten Bloodborne in the 'souls' series of games, the lack of lamp-like checkpoints is pushing my anxiety through the roof lol. I'm cautious in every single step.

Don't know if you're a Bloodborne mega fan but this is where it all began. Great to view it from that point of view. Enjoy .

May 17, 2018
A couple hours in and, as a die-hard DeS '09 fan, this is fascinating to me so far. Really feels like the closest thing the games industry has come to film remakes. Same skeleton, different skin.

The only thing I think I'm bummed about are the new voice actors. They're all great, but, I just...that's not my Maiden in Black, you know?

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
OLED finally arrived today. Demon's Souls looks absolutely gorgeous on this display in its proper resolution/contrast/HDR.

What is crazy is how I have to adjust to the low input lag. My parrying is slightly off, which definitely caused my death multiple times in 4-1. That place is effing tough. I'm backing out for now.

Quick question, what item is needed to invade?

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

Being cautious in every single step is literally what they want you to do, it's just awesome.

Oct 25, 2017
First time playing DS... Made it up to and defeated the first boss without dying once (not counting the tutorial boss). Lol. I'm definitely a souls vet now that I've played them all. Still much to face and many deaths await I'm sure tho.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Demons has some really long boss runs. Even more so than Dark Souls. Some of them are brutal haha.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Can you use Parry and Riposte on every enemy type.

I guess the timing varies from enemy to enemy. Like the larger armored Knights can't be riposted right?

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
On one hand they effed up many of the designs, but on the other hand they were faithful to the point of recreating the broken lingering hit box on the boulders in stone fang so I'd say it's a wash

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's been 10 years since I've plat'd Demon's Souls. REALLY tempted to play it again mostly just because of how methodical I remember it being.

Also, Pure Bladestone can go fuck itself.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm quite jealous of all you playing and sharing photos already. The PS5 isn't out here in the UK until Thursday next week. Game looks incredible though.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It may have taken me hours and hours but I did down Tower Knight. My problem was lock-on making dodging so difficult, was able to kill him fairly shortly after I decided to stop using lock on

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
On one hand they effed up many of the designs, but on the other hand they were faithful to the point of recreating the broken lingering hit box on the boulders in stone fang so I'd say it's a wash

Yeah some character designs I don't like, but at least (so far I have read because I don't have a PS5 yet) they did good two things importants to me: gameplay and design is faithful to the original game, and The Maiden in Black is still amazing.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
Got the tower knight without killing the archers! That was simpler than I thought it'd be. Now it's time to farm some grass.

Edit: for anyone playing for the first time, there's a good farm spot once you beat the tower knight. Warp to inner ward, turn around and kill the two blue eyed knights and three archers, and then run back to the warp point and reset. You get around 900 souls and the blue eyed knights drop either 2 half or 2 late moon grass each. It's also way faster than the original because how quick loading is. You also don't need to teleport anywhere else, just select inner ward and it will respawn everything.

Last edited: