• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
He was playing in 30 FPS mode and boy, I really cannot stand it. I'll probably never play in Fidelity mode. 60 FPS or bust. Game looks beautiful regardless.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Animation looks great in cutscenes and then gameplay...Can't get past the bad walk/run animation. The player character looks like his hands are glued to his sides. How the heck does BB have better animation?

I think it isn't a big deal, animations look fine for the most part. Animation hasn't always been Bluepoints strong suit lol

megby1E.gif
BxqAESl.gif

9en5QTW.gif
4AU3ReT.gif

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Animation looks great in cutscenes and then gameplay...Can't get past the bad walk/run animation. The player character looks like his hands are glued to his sides. How the heck does BB have better animation?

There are two animation styles you can pick from during character creation. I'm assuming the other one looks more normal.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Has any streamer gotten to an armor set that was gender locked in the original, like the ragged set? I wanna know if they made all the armor unisex now
Just saw on the LauraKBuzz stream linked in this thread, several people in chat saying that the armour was still gender locked. Seems like a weird choice to keep it that way if true.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
I've played Dark Souls, DS3, bloodborne, and sekiro.. never had a chance to play Demon's souls though so im really excited. How long can this game be? I'm hoping for as long as possible lol

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Ya, I can't unsee the character arms like glued to his sides and just bouncing forward. Come on BP. Get your animation act together. It's just a peeve of mine.
Oh yeah, agreed. The arms (especially the right one) look unnaturally stiff.

There are more examples discussed in the other thread, like:

Based on the gameplay videos I also found some animation work looking somewhat cartoonish
This is a big one for me, I noticed it with the Dragon at the start of Bolitaria in the latest gameplay. It felt weightless when it landed infront of the player, very few secondary animations too. It's a shame because they paid a lot of attention to that in Shadow of the Colossus I feel.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. In that cutscene the dragon in the remake animates noticeably worse than the one in the original. Like the tiniest of changes they made, having the camera follow the Dragon during it's descent instead of use following it's descent from the Dragon's perspective like in the original, completely ruins the sense of speed when the camera cuts to the landing.

And then the landing in the remake has the briefest screen shake ever for some reason where the original makes apparent the weight of a giant lizard crashing onto a bridge.

Its the little things like that which will make or break the feel of this game for me. I'm already 50/50 on how the player character animates when attacking/moving.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I remember a few people asking for a hide helmet option, pretty cool they added it in

Classic filter looks so good

Emi7GQ5XcAAkJwz

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

I am a self-confessed Souls-phobe. I've never really enjoyed them, I think partly down to poor performance on console that frustrated me.

Half an hour of this though? I'm finding it pretty, pretty, pretty good.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
The most important question I need answered right now is

Does Stockpile Thomas have the same voice actor.

"You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you!"

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
How does one pre-order the digital version? When I got to the playstation store in the browser, there's no pre-order button showing up for me.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
That blue glow, what is that? It's really distracting and kinda off putting if I'm honest.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
That blue glow, what is that? It's really distracting and kinda off putting if I'm honest.
Spirit form on the character? Going human returns you to normal. It's the equivalent of hollowed zombie-face in Dark Souls.

As someone who isn't in to Souls games, why is the weight thing so exciting to players?
Demon's Souls was the only game in the franchise to have item burden - not equipment burden as in your armour/weapon, but inventory burden. So a new player could pick up an item not know what it was, it turns out to be whopping heavy armour set, had to drop it because they couldn't carry it or drop something else from their inventory. When you leave the area dropped items disappear forever, and the only way to store items is going back to the Nexus (hub area). It sucked.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Still can't get over how good this looks. It's the first time a game looks "next-gen" to me.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
As someone who isn't in to Souls games, why is the weight thing so exciting to players?
Item burden. It's a somewhat unpopular mechanic but I like it. Basically means you can't go into a world and loot everything. You have to dump some stuff on Stockpile Thomas at the Nexus and consider what you REALLY need going into a level which makes it more challenging. You can now send stuff to storage though which is a major QoL feature.

Nov 8, 2017
Spirit form on the character? Going human returns you to normal. It's the equivalent of hollowed zombie-face in Dark Souls.

Demon's Souls was the only game in the franchise to have item burden - not equipment burden as in your armour/weapon, but inventory burden. So a new player could pick up an item not know what it was, it turns out to be whopping heavy armour set, had to drop it because they couldn't carry it or drop something else from their inventory. When you leave the area dropped items disappear forever, and the only way to store items is going back to the Nexus (hub area). It sucked.
Thanks!