• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Yo great job vestan! It came out clean. Communicates the game's aesthetic really well.
50567653452_268f0d4618vkpv.jpg
This created character looks like a Neanderthal version of Bucky from the MCU btw

Oct 27, 2017
For someone who didn't play the original Demon's Souls (and any souls game except for bloodborne) what classes are recommended? Going to achieve the platinum if that matters lol
A few people have commented various classes with various reasons, but it's worth keeping mind mind that each of the classes start at different levels.

Royalty is often suggested because it starts with Magic (and is an 'easy' class to use at the beginning if you like that) but it is a bit misleading to say it's geared towards Magic usage, as it's the only class to start at Level 1 so you get more say over where each stat point goes (but if you wouldn't invest in magic at all, has a few wasted points here).

In general, Temple Knight, Knight, and Royal are all very viable classes because none of them have points wasted in Luck and all start at a low level (1 for Royal, 4 for the knights). All of them are interchangeable in terms of where they end up, so the only thing which actually matters is where they've put points initially (versus where you plan to go) combined with their level.

EDIT: Also worth keeping in mind, SL120 is where PvP generally focused on in the original; unsure if this will be consistent here.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Also kudos to iFirez because you seem to have a hand in every OT I follow. All best to you!
Thanks. This is all vestan but we who make OTs are a close group and we just want to make the best places for you all to discuss the games. I for one appreciate the collaboration and helpful nature of lots of those on Era and I would hate it to be the opposite; where OT creators compete for "best OT".

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
This is the least played souls game,since it was the first and wasn't popular at that time.

I'm glad it's being a launch title for next gen and getting the popularity and hype it always deserved

Bdub79

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing this OT makes me wanna cry. By the time I can get my hands on a PS5 the OT will be in hangouts.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
This will be my first time through the last souls game I have yet to play. I am super fucking excited to see the origins of the souls genre.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
I am so jealous of everyone getting to play this on the 12th. So, so jealous.
Played it on the PS3 but had to rush through it due to having a mate's console. I am going to savour this one and thankfully I can't be too spoiled about it so will live vicariously for a week.

polyrizumu

May 15, 2018
If I'm going for a magic build what's the best starting class? I played a little bit of the OG as a knight but wanna try something new

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
If I'm going for a magic build what's the best starting class? I played a little bit of the OG as a knight but wanna try something new
Royal is the best starting class for that since you start with soul arrow, a really op spel in the early game. You also start with a mana reg ring if i remember correctly.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
For those returning & experiencing the fresh coat of paint - enjoy!

To all those seeking the key to life's ether for the first time - take it slow, explore & don't be afraid to ask questions.

And to all those getting it on the 12th - I hate you!

Not really - Umbasa!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Umbasa!

Great OT vestan 🥂

Going to be hard not being able to jump in with everyone until the 19th, but I hope y'all 12th'ers enjoy the game 💙⚔
Is looking absolutely stunning.

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
I wonder if I'll end up invading any of you on day 1 =p. I'm definitely looking for a black world tendency for my first playthrough. I want the hardest single player experience as my maiden voyage through this glorious game!

It is also my first time playing DeS despite considering myself a Souls veteran.

I feel so very fortunate. My LG 65 CX arrives on Wednesday. My wife and I already rearranged our bedroom to make room downstairs for this TV. Can't wait to experience this game in 4K/HDR. My first ever HDR gaming experience will be a Souls game. What a time to be a gamer!

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT!
I am really excited for this. I really hope I am able to grab a PS5 near launch. My pre order was cancelled.

I hope I can join the quest of Boletaria soon.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Also, curious; since it was out there that the Digital Deluxe items won't all be available through normal play – did it push anyone to dump the extra £20 in for it?

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
Hope my Target or Walmart preorders come through and I don't get stuck with a game and no console to play it on.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I was tempted, because in-game gear and stuff is usually my weakpoint, but the price is a lot to ask.
Like for like. I was edging on and off; DD was kind of my kryptonite last gen. With the base prices this gen being what those were last gen though, think I'll just have to get used to waving goodbye to the goodies.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Great OT! This is the first game going into my PS5 when I get it. Demon's Souls is the only Souls game I've ever played, and I'd like to actually finish it this time around.

playXray

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Do we know if the voice actors are the same, or did they get 'remastered' with new vocals?

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I swear I'm going to be physically sick when I lay eyes on next gen Man Centipede.

I've got goosebumps just thinking about it. Hate that thing sooooo muuuch!!

Sign

Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone remember what the earliest accessible 2H weapon is? I kind of want to do a naked 2H run to start but can't think or where to get one quickly. I feel like an early vendor might have a claymore or something, but I am constantly mixing up vendors with Dark Souls.

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It's only a few days but the wait is still unbearable! Still wondering if I should go meat cleaver build or pure mage...