• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Velg

Jan 6, 2018
I wonder if it went gold when all those Sony execs were randomly tweeting about it a while back

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would be funny if there was an easter egg if you try the stockpile thomas dupe glitch.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The game does imply it and scares you with it, but the NPCs never die from it. From planned on them dying early on but they decided it was too cruel for the players.

Asking the real questions :D Can we poison-cloud-cheese Doran and the False King? I wonder. Honestly... I hope not. Yes, some of the broken shit from the original kind of gave it some charm, but when it was clearly unintentional bugs, I hope they don't keep it just because of "tradition". Same with the running Firestorm glitch, as hilarious as that would be.
Honestly I'm fine if they keep everything the same. I'd like to carry as much as I want but oh well. Oh maybe a better cue to the small walls you can climb. Are those only in 1-1?

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I'd be glad to have the camera back to being similar to the original, at least as an option. I don't want a cinematic camera in Demon's Souls. Give me a wider FoV and pulled back camera that's positioned a little higher than the gameplay trailer.

unapersson

Oct 27, 2017
The stuff around the missing archstone reminds me the Alternate Reality games on the Atari 800. They had portals to future games. It was a cool idea, but they only managed one of the sequel games in the end. So Alternate Reality: The City had a portal to Alternate Reality: The Dungeon, but there were also portal to The Wastelands etc. Still a good game though. With the SSD in both systems they could pull this off now, effectively linking different games together.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be glad to have the camera back to being similar to the original, at least as an option. I don't want a cinematic camera in Demon's Souls. Give me a wider FoV and pulled back camera that's positioned a little higher than the gameplay trailer.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a classic camera option as well. It's a nitpick for sure but I didn't like how low to the ground the camera was in the gameplay trailer.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I'm hoping for a classic camera option as well. It's a nitpick for sure but I didn't like how low to the ground the camera was in the gameplay trailer.
Oh the gameplay camera is different compared to the gameplay trailer slightly. When you run, the player character is almost dead centre and the camera is zoomed out basically the same as PS3. When you walk, or stand still, it comes in close and seems a little offset to the right.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there is any major new content in this. There might be something small, like they did in Shadow of the Colossus, but I'd advise to adjust expectations regarding new content.

Astrates

Sep 13, 2020
Im new to the Souls' games but definitely wanting to pick this up as a starter, it'll be interesting to read up afterwards what was added in as cut content.

Now I just need to find it for for reasonable price here in the UK

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
I know alot of people are happy with it being faithful to the original but i really wanted some changes. I wanted some new enemies or the option to revamp enemy and item locations. Going back to the simple combat in this game after playing Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 will be rough aswell. Im still really excited ofc since the original is one of my favorite games of all time but when they revealed that the player count was increased i was hoping for more.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
I was kinda worried about it not being announced gold yet so close to launch. It's not like they have to, but I expected it to happen. Surely we're about to get a lot more info in the next few days.

The hype got me and I preordered it on PSN. I really shouldn't have done it, there's no point in preordering a digital game (they could do any kind of promo around launch and I just missed it, for instance) but I'm weak!

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Cool Bluepoint is adding cut content now, if only there was another game they remade that had famous cut content that could be restored also.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
Just forgot to add that Sony has been too quiet, we need to know more so close to launch. Apparently we will not get much this week other than unboxing and early backwards compatibility impressions, and maybe some more in-depth looks at Miles Morales and whatnot. We need Demon's Souls!

Maybe talking about the well documented cut colossi fights in SOTC? I would have loved them to restore the spider and the demon, but I suppose it was troublesome enough for it to never happen.

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017
Ok so fans of Demon's Souls... is it actually good? I started with Dark Souls, played every one since including Sekiro. Is this going to feel like a retread or genuinely worth the time and money?

It is really good. A bit jankier than Dark souls, but it got much more ambitious idea and more experimental, especially the online interactivity.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
Ok so fans of Demon's Souls... is it actually good? I started with Dark Souls, played every one since including Sekiro. Is this going to feel like a retread or genuinely worth the time and money?
Dark Souls 1 is a very nice evolution of the original gameplay design in Demon's Souls, but in terms of innovation, online components, enemy encounter, environments, art direction and other aspects, DS remains relevant. It really is a good game even if at times it may feel outdated by the greatness in subsequent games based on its groundwork.

I suppose Bluepoint is making a mostly 1:1 version of the original with minor improvements, but still it's very much worth playing to any Souls fan. The magic and wonderment is there. And the utterly next-gen mindblowing visuals won't hurt.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I expect there to be a nod acknowledging the Archstone or something, anymore than that is a huge ask.

This month has dragged like crazy, the 7 days the States has the game before we do will be torturous.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I expect there to be a nod acknowledging the Archstone or something, anymore than that is a huge ask.

This month has dragged like crazy, the 7 days the States has the game before we do will be torturous.

I have good news!! We'll have the game at the same time as the US 🙏

only

We won't have the PS5 to play it

delete

Jul 4, 2019
my personal ranking:
Sekiro > BB > DS3 > DS > DS2

Never played Demon's Souls, yay or nay?
Demon's souls is closest to dark souls. But at the same time is pretty different to it and anything else from software has done since.

The short of it is don't expect it to be anything like sekiro or bloodborne

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Like, above cut content, I would love to know if they changed or updated World Tendency. If they made it less obscure it would really add a lot to the game's longevity. It already does in the original but without a guide it's hard to know how tendency affects certain events.

Oct 7, 2020
Italy
The wait for this is unbearable, but at least I'll get to look at my sealed copy in less than three weeks while I wait for the console to be shipped...

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Im caught between feeling like 'oh my god, I cant wait to play this' and knowing that when I play it Ill feel like 'mmm I already played this'.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
Even after completing the game I never quite understood how world tendency worked or what it did.