• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict the score.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 95-99

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • 90-94 (Bloodborne, Dark Souls II, Sekiro)

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • 85-89 (OG Demon's Souls, Dark Souls I, Dark Souls III)

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • 80-84

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • 75-79

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • <74

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP's Note: The embargo for this game will reportedly be lifted on November 11, 2020 (the second embargo for PlayStation 5 launch content), though please note that some outlets have reported not receiving review codes and will not be able to play the game until it is officially released on November 12th. As such, the poll will last until November 11, 2020 at 1:00 PM GMT (8:00 AM EST/5:00 AM PST). This and the poll will be updated accordingly if things are subject to change. Thank you.

E9d7UDV.jpg

CbUeRJI.jpg

MetaCritic: ??? | OpenCritic: ???
kFlgo3o.jpg

VCuz84K.jpg

Past FromSoft Game Scores (Note: Platforms are PS3/PS4 unless otherwise stated)
NGUxE5t.png

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fairly sure this is when outlets are receiving code and not the embargo. I wouldn't expect any reviews to drop at this date.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wouldn't expect any reviews to release pre-launch. Expecting a 94.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I expect mid 80s. Demon's Souls is a very janky game, and making the graphics a lot nicer on a technical level isn't going to cover up some of the truly esoteric and frustrating design choices at work in the game.

Reviewers will probably say it's a good remake of a flawed game, but I don't think anyone should expect the press to love it as much as something like BB.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to this one. The struggle for the Platinum first time was one of my favourite gaming experiences ever.
I did vote 80-84 as given the fundamental design of the game is unchanged may make it feel dated in some ways compare to Bloodborne.

Will be happy to be proven wrong and this game scores in the 90s! Umbasa :)

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
OG Demon souls or lower .... lots of quality of life things were added in later games of the series that i think people will miss it

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Review threads will remain locked until the embargo is up and the first reviews start to come in. There will be other threads for predicting the review score.

Status
Not open for further replies.