• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Getting conflicting info in this thread, some say those are new armors, others say they are obtainable in the base edition, but how would you know if they are obtainable if they're new to the game?

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like items to make your life easier during the first few levels, nothing crazy.

Gah I can't wait!
Going digital... so I hope the network will be sturdy on day 1 to withstand the millions of downloads...

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
100€. Fucking hell.
I´ll be honest: if there was a physical release with steelbook + artbook like Sony used to do back in the good old days, I´d probably buy it. But I won`t pay 100 bucks just for digital.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Getting conflicting info in this thread, some say those are new armors, others say they are obtainable in the base edition, but how would you know if they are obtainable if they're new to the game?
They are new, so no one has an idea if they are obtainable or not; the advert doesn't say if it is exclusive or not either. However for $20 more, just like other games that do this type of promotion, I bet they are 100% exclusive to that edition. Now in the future it may be possible to pick them up as a cheap DLC but who knows.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They are new, so no one has an idea if they are obtainable or not; the advert doesn't say if it is exclusive or not either. However for $20 more, just like other games that do this type of promotion, I bet they are 100% exclusive to that edition. Now in the future it may be possible to pick them up as a cheap DLC but who knows.
This is more easily digestible and makes total sense. Thank you!

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
posted by benzy
Cjb0hoz.gif

ibywRCs.gif

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry I am just assuming since some stuff here is old it would not make sense if you cannot earn souls in the game lol

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
What a rip off. Getting those items early for $20 is not worth it at all. I'd have taken a Maiden in Black statue or anything physical over this nonsense.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
What a rip off. Getting those items early for $20 is not worth it at all. I'd have taken a Maiden in Black statue or anything physical over this nonsense.

Getting the OST is the real deal i guess?

At least in my opinion. The gear is like ehhhhhhhhhh

Exclusive in-game items for a souls game depending on your game purchase?
I feel repulsed.

Dark Souls 3 had something similar but it was all just low end gear that you could get relatively early on

This seems to be the same deal

Jager

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Dark Souls 2 had preorder content like this and it was largely meaningless because it was essentially reskins of other weapons in the game.

This however is worrying though, I need to see some small print telling me those armor sets, the weapons, and shield are also available in the game world and this is just an early access sort of deal.

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Man I really want to play Demon Souls on PS5 as the look and feel is amazing, love the methodical gameplay and RPG elements, and the theme is great. But I'm not great at video games and they haven't introduced an easy mode yet, so this still unfortunately isn't a game for me.
Selecting a certain starting class and picking up a few particular pieces of equipment makes this game very playable. I'd suggest using a walkthrough up to the point where you can to get those recommended things, then just have fun. Soul arrow, heater shield, and crescent falchion combo is pretty much easy mode. For the record I suck at these games, and eventually made it to the end of this one with that combo. It's the only one I've been successful at.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
I was about to say.... Yeah these items seem like they'd be available in the game proper. Also they sorta make this deluxe edition look weak because you're literally getting souls.

So essentially, you'd be getting some free levels and items you can get later on.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Just for the record, none of the armor/weapon/shield/ring presented in the photo is in the original game.

Could this mean that there are new armors/weapons/shields to be added? Or perhaps this is just a bonus to spending more money?

gillian03

Oct 28, 2017
This is the "easy-mode" that ERA's been waiting for. /s

The souls can let you start at a higher level once you're able to use em.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry I am just assuming since some stuff here is old it would not make sense if you cannot earn souls in the game lol
The red eye armor isn't in for the player but they made it so in this remake so I'm going with it's not exclusive. Same for the scythe. 100% enemy exclusive in the past game but playable here.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
I was about to say.... Yeah these items seem like they'd be available in the game proper. Also they sorta make this deluxe edition look weak because you're literally getting souls.

So essentially, you'd be getting some free levels and items you can get later on.

This is why I personally believe the new armors/weapon ARE exclusive to this edition. Only way to justify it really. Other items are just not worth it.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This seems less like a Demon's Souls remake and more like Bluepoint makes their own Souls game every time more stuff comes out.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
Motherfucker

You can't just lock that Red Eye Knight Armor behind a +20€ edition. Is that even legal?

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
So this is how Sony is going to treat their consumers? By pushing digital exclusive content so digital prevail? Punishing the ones that bought physical? WTF is this shit.

Nov 13, 2017
Are we still talking about these separate soundtrack apps? I don't understand the point of them. I can't listen to them on my work laptop or phone.

Cool cover for the Digital Deluxe Edition though:

You can save the tracks to USB via these apps, then delete them off the console.

So this is how Sony is going to treat their consumers? By pushing digital exclusive content so digital prevail? Punishing the ones that bought physical? WTF is this shit.

Did you just wake up after a 7 year coma? This has been the norm for almost this entire generation already.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never sure what devs/publishers are thinking when they release a deluxe version of a game where the deluxe content is just stuff that makes the game easier.