• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Yeah Ryan is writing the check to Bluepoint as we speak. Hope Sony gives them a blank check to kickstart their first IP as part of SIE.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Happy for Bluepoint, but there is so much eagerness to crown this game in every possible way. The generation is three days old. Let things marinate. Let games come out over the next year. Game is an absolute triumph, but what's its competition for this crowning?

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm super happy for Bluepoint, can't wait to get my hands on this. It looks just phenomenal.

Happy for Bluepoint, but there is so much eagerness to crown this game in every possible way. The generation is three days old. Let things marinate. Let games come out over the next year. Game is an absolute triumph, but what's its competition for this crowning?

We've seen the same thing with other launch games, including Breath of the Wild, Gears of War, and stuff. I think it's natural for people to be excited for the games that come with a new console day one. For sure it makes the launches more memorable.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is a weird post. The OP is just pointing out that the game is the highest rated game at launch...why are you saying to let things marinate?

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
This is a weird post. The OP is just pointing out that the game is the highest rated game at launch...why are you saying to let things marinate?
It just feels like a reaction thread. The game is reviewing extremely well, and it's refreshing to see when compared to how soft the launch titles of last gen were. I'm just saying we're three days in and the game has zero next-gen competition
... so why the separate coronation thread?

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see is doing great and many people can experience Demon's for first time. It was the very best PS3 game that made me buy that console.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It just feels like a reaction thread. The game is reviewing extremely well, and it's refreshing to see when compared to how soft the launch titles of last gen were. I'm just saying we're three days in and the game has zero next-gen competition

Well because all of the launch games are now out. That seems pretty obvious.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The tweet is saying Demon's Souls is the best-reviewed game of all the games that launched alongside PS5 and Xbox X/S. It's not about next-gen only games. Launch is done.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
There aren't really many next (current) gen games out right now, so this statement is meaningless.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean it is possible... If you only counted Miles Morales's top 16 reviews, then game would end up with 95
score will go down when more reviews come in

What? Why would you take Miles' top 16 as a comparison? That literally makes no sense.

Of course the score for Demon Souls will change as more reviews come in, but to suggest it could be to that degree is bizarre.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Not hard when you are the only next-gen game besides Godfall :p

But hey, it's a great game and looks fantastic.

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
Well because all of the launch games are now out. That seems pretty obvious.
That's fair, it just seems a bit superfluous (maybe?) is all. There's a Demon's Souls thread that is live and developing with additional reviews going on. If we're going to have this thread, then we should separate ones for it being the highest rated Souls game, the highest rated exclusive, the highest rated PS5 game, and the highest rated Remake.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's fair, it just seems a bit superfluous (maybe?) is all. There's a Demon's Souls thread that is live and developing with additional reviews going on. If we're going to have this thread, then we should separate ones for it being the highest rated Souls game, the highest rated exclusive, the highest rated PS5 game, and the highest rated Remake.
Report the thread if you think it is too much. But really you are just taking the piss with that last sentence and you should maybe just ignore the thread.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

You're over-thinking it. The only change I would make to the thread title is: Demon Souls is the highest rated launch game. It seems worth a discussion to analyze how launch games fared.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Umm...OP.

zelda-breath-of-the-wild-metacritic.PNG

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
Report the thread if you think it is too much. But really you are just taking the piss with that last sentence and you should maybe just ignore the thread.
I'm not going to report the thread. I made a passing comment and I'll let it go and move on. I assume you'll do the same too.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I wish we coulda got Halo. Halo, BOTW and Miles/Demon's Souls woulda been the best launch trio in history.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
God, it's glorious. They've done a spectacular job.

It's weird that there are only 3 next gen-only games.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
No. Nintendo released two consoles within one generation.

Given the Switch is going to likely live through another 3+ years of the PS5/Series generation, it's better to think of the Switch as having released between two generations, or as part of both generations. It will basically have half of its years in one generation and half in another.

Edit: Though, a similar console would be the PC Engine/Turbografx 16. That released in 1987, 4 years after the Famicom but 2 years before the Sega Genesis. But it wasn't a part of the Famicom generation but the Genesis generation.

The Switch released around 3 and a half years after the PS4 and 3 and a half years before the PS5.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
People saying just because it is only higher than a handful of games so it doesn't mean much are failing to see the actual score itself.

If it holds a 93, it will be one of the highest reviewed games for the entire generation over the next 7 years.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
From and Miyazaki deserve some credit too, ppl out here acting like Bluepoint are 100% responsible or something

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
A game that plays exactly the same as a PS3 game but looks pretty is the true next-gen king, nice

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats! It's quite clear that when it comes to software Sony nailed the launch.

I have no idea what Microsoft was thinking. Launching a nextgen console without a single nextgen game, that's new.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Well deserved, it seems like it turned out really well based on the gameplay I saw and having Demon's Souls available on a new platform is great.