• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Another incredible anime IP about to be ruined by the shitty arena fighter plague.

:(

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all don't get it. Yeah it's an arena fighter. But it's an arena fighter by Cyber Connect 2. It'll def be better than the last several anime arena fighters we've seen.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
CC2 has proven that they can't, in fact, make an SP focused action game, so they simply slinking back to the type of game that they do know how to make (which still sucks to play, because it says a lot that their most competent fighting game was ASB and that's still fairly dire)

Y'all don't get it. Yeah it's an arena fighter. But it's an arena fighter by Cyber Connect 2. It'll def be better than the last several anime arena fighters we've seen.
That's the thing, they're still bad. Polished to an impressive sheen, but still just bad. The KLK game is a better playing game than most of their usual arena fighter output and that shit was made with no real budget.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Eh, never had my hopes up for this game since I think CyberConnect2 lowkey makes terrible games, and I'm glad I kept my interest low. They're a style-over-substance dev and even their style isn't anything to write home about for the most part.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I was hoping for a 3d action adventure title from the Demon Slayer ip. Run around Japan, investigating and hunting down demons. Either let me play as Tanjiro or create a sayer and be able to learn techniques from any of the various disciplines.

Fair enough, I never even considered it being anything other than a versus game, and a traditional fighting game seemed too constrained for the high-movement fights of the show.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
Unreal that devs/publishers still can't find a way to turn Anime franchises into decent games.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
disappointing. I'd actually like to see more 2D games, but considering it's CC2, I'm not surprised

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmfao idk why anyone's expecting a higher bar for licensed anime games from bamco. CC2 arena fighters make for some great drunk fighting games with friends. Shallow but hella polished. After being disappointed by Jump Force, One Punch Man, and the MHA games (relative to CC2's anime arena shit) I'm sure I'll be satisfied with this. Obviously I'd prefer something other than an arena vs for a show like this. Ideally something slowerpaced and singleplayer. But it's a licensed anime game from bamco. I'm not expecting anything better than a CC2 brawler or a Musou. Or an ArcSys fighter if you're on the same level as Dragon Ball.

It's not that I think this would be great, it's that I don't expect bamco to put out anything better and I'm more or less satisfied with how CC2 does this kinda game. Even if it is shallow and the IP would be better fit in another genre.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
lmfao idk why anyone's expecting a higher bar for licensed anime games from bamco. CC2 arena fighters make for some great drunk fighting games with friends. Shallow but hella polished. After being disappointed by Jump Force, One Punch Man, and the MHA games (relative to CC2's anime arena shit) I'm sure I'll be satisfied with this. Obviously I'd prefer something other than an arena vs for a show like this. Ideally something slowerpaced and singleplayer. But it's a licensed anime game from bamco. I'm not expecting anything better than a CC2 brawler or a Musou. Or an ArcSys fighter if you're on the same level as Dragon Ball.

It's not that I think this would be great, it's that I don't expect bamco to put out anything better and I'm more or less satisfied with how CC2 does this kinda game. Even if it is shallow and the IP would be better fit in another genre.

FWIW It's not Bandai Namco, Aniplex is self publishing this. They've branched out into PC and Console publishing recently.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
These anime games will never get that kind of resources for budget and talent lol.
Why tho? It always blowed my mind no one has made a high budget anime game. I feel like it would sell a shit ton, anime is as popular as it has ever been. Even a smash bro's anime game would sell gangbusters if good, just look at the hype from the announcement of jump stars or whatever that shitty game was haha.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why tho? It always blowed my mind no one has made a high budget anime game. I feel like it would sell a shit ton, anime is as popular as it has ever been. Even a smash bro's anime game would sell gangbusters if good, just look at the hype from the announcement of jump stars or whatever that shitty game was haha.
weird how fucking Ubisoft was the one to make a more adventure-y Naruto game (though the combat was akin to an arena fighter, if I remember correctly)

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

A souls type of game with the Demon Slayer ip would do so well imo.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Confirmed for Xbox Series X/S
game.watch.impress.co.jp

「鬼滅の刃 ヒノカミ血風譚」では炭治郎vs善逸などドリームマッチが実現!バーサスモードの存在が明らかに PS4に加えてPS5とXbox Series X|Sにも対応!

アニプレックスは、2021年発売予定の鬼滅対戦アクション「鬼滅の刃 ヒノカミ血風譚」において、対応プラットフォームの追加、及びゲームシステムについて新情報を公開した。あわせて、2月8日10時に公式ページ及び公式Twitterがオープンする。