• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox and PC releases are nice didn't expect that. Guess they wanna reach higher shipment numbers after all.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I think this game could also be developed into a jrpg game either it is action or turn based. The format and the story fit so well, they could make it work like Ff7 remake format: one arc per serial. As an example the first game covers the prologue until Rui, and the next arcs for next games which can be figured out later.

Also the party system also fits the jrpg tropes.

Tanjiro = jack of all trades (protagonist character)
Inosuke = brute/knight character (stronger attack but slower speed)
Zenitsu = speedster (fast character but weaker attack)
Nezuko = magician

The game plot can be divided into chapters with various sidequests intergrated

Feb 15, 2019
I just wish they'd hurry up and actually reveal the gameplay so we can finally find out it's an arena fighter (it's CC2 so it probably is) and I can move on and forget this game ever existed. Though if this somehow is an actual JRPG I'm down.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a fighter kinda goes against the theme/plot of the series, but whatever.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm importing this. I'm not waiting til late next year until they make the English version. I'm down for whatever they have.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm importing this. I'm not waiting til late next year until they make the English version. I'm down for whatever they have.

I doubt CC2 who made the naruto storm games, would stagger the release. I think it's likely a game with Demon Slayer being such a worldwide phenomenon would release worldwide.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Im assuming this will just cover up to wherever the anime+film got up to.
And sure theyll want to milk it a few years and release another game with each new season of the anime.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
No for real, I remember CC2 said they don't want to do Switch development. I don't have the details on this but someone else here could.

Last time, they wanted but Bandai Namco didn't.

www.resetera.com

CyberConnect2 proposed .hack//GU Last Recode port for Switch, Bamco denied

https://finalweapon.net/2020/09/02/cyberconnect-2-proposed-requests-to-port-hack-g-u-last-recode-to-switch-but-bandai-namco-denied-them/ More at the link. Kind of bummed, since I was really hoping this would happen eventually. A portable .hack (that isn’t //Link) would’ve been so ideal. :/

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Let me play as the Temari demon.

5b6b70eda3d166cdbd68fb32840015b117aff614r1-1920-1080v2_uhq.jpg

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Last time, they wanted but Bandai Namco didn't.

That's interesting... So, Kakarot not being on Switch is also Namco's fault? I thought we all assumed that CC2 didn't want to do Kakarot for sSwitch but Namco is willing because previous DBZ games on Switch have been almost million sellers.

This is fucked up. The hell is wrong with Namco and Aniplex? Namco knows a lot of money can be made on Switch and now... they abandoned Switch at its peak (they have no upcoming games atm)?

Hopefully Aniplex finds a good port studio to bring this to Switch.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah, but it's just discussions. That doesn't mean they'll give them a proper budget. Open world doesn't necessarily mean AAA. We've recently had open world games from the biggest anime franchises on the planet, Dragon Ball and One Piece, and they still felt low budget.
Currently , kimetsu no yaiba IP Can be bigger thab dragon ball or one pièce if they make a great game with Big budget ( look at the movie , soundtrack , or manga that get Always record of all Times ) , if they make a medium game, it will sell but not that much , but if they are making a great adaptation, it will outsell one pièce or dragon ball games.
( I m not talking about the quality of the manga or animé )

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
That's interesting... So, Kakarot not being on Switch is also Namco's fault? I thought we all assumed that CC2 didn't want to do Kakarot for sSwitch but Namco is willing because previous DBZ games on Switch have been almost million sellers.

This is fucked up. The hell is wrong with Namco and Aniplex? Namco knows a lot of money can be made on Switch and now... they abandoned Switch at its peak (they have no upcoming games atm)?

It's unfortunate that the series (Kimetsu) they choose not to include a switch version is one that is breaking phenomenal records in Japan and has a huge kids audience. Which is funny because apparently CC2 did market research and found out Kimetsu had a huge concentration in elementary schoolers.

Like I would understand if it were exclusive and Sony were tryna to push hardware sales for Playstation in Japan, but the fact their is an Xbox (non-factor) and PC sku has me really confused. Unless they are gonna release it in the future. Hopefully it sells well, but honestly it seems like they are limiting it potential sales growth in Japan because Kimetsu is a type of game that would benefit greatly with a huge install base.

KingE

Banned
Sep 3, 2018

Ports are just a lot of work and especially for an outdated system like the switch compared to a PS4. It doesn't just magically work. Porting to a switch would be like creating a brand new game.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Ports are just a lot of work and especially for an outdated system like the switch compared to a PS4. It doesn't just magically work. Porting to a switch would be like creating a brand new game.

I would agree if this game were an AAA title, but since it's being developed by CC2 and is an anime game it's most definitely AA. I can't see how this game would extremely difficult to port to the switch. It's not a big budget game.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
If I really have to comment on this, CyberConnect 2 has also mentioned in the past (probably right in the same features / interviews about hack) how they tend to support Sony platforms first due to "loyalty". So yes: while their upcoming self-published efforts will be on Switch as well, I fear CC2's own development mentality is playing a role in the game not releasing on Switch (at the very least alongside the other versions; personally I still think DBZ: Kakarot is coming to Switch in the next future).

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly its not like they could develop the game from the start with Switch in mind and support to more powerful system. Something tells me a Anime brawler is not going to look like something that in no way wouldnt be feasible on Switch.

The main reason seems to be is that they wanna force people to buy/interact with games on certain plattforms - if you put the game out on Switch a large part of the audience is gonna play it there and wont need to look for a PS console. Xbox/PC can be more or less neglected for the initial JP release....its all about protecting Sonys business or at least making sure that the customers stick to these plattforms.

Interesting approach for real. Japanese market is always good for surprises when it comes to these backdoor loyalty support deals lol. They are not gonna lose face in front a of a longterm partner even if means just following the market and audience.

Edit:

Actually since this is a official announcement thread...this is my last post regarding the topic of Switch. Before people paint it as port begging again, its just an interesting development how you ignore the main console plattform for a massive kids anime in a multiplattform project.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Jump force wasn't exactly the best working or looking game.
It was a big budget (at least with marketing) game that for some reason Bamco decided to give to Switch in lieu of literally anything relatively "simpler" to do. I agree porting games to weaker platforms will always have its own difficulties to the point that there are companies dedicated to porting intensive games to the Switch. But I don't believe that is why Bamco avoids giving those games a chance on Switch when they gave that chance to Jump Force, it's something else fueling the selection of what goes there.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Someday, maybe, we'll have anime games that aren't arena fighters and that have more interesting single player campaigns than "relive the main plot of the anime/manga." Someday...

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I just wish they'd hurry up and actually reveal the gameplay so we can finally find out it's an arena fighter (it's CC2 so it probably is) and I can move on and forget this game ever existed. Though if this somehow is an actual JRPG I'm down.
The camera angle in the screenshots is 100% an arena fighter.

Feb 15, 2019
The camera angle in the screenshots is 100% an arena fighter.

Yeah I didn't see the new screenshots back then. Definitely looks like an arena fighter angle. I guess you can still hope that it's just a weirdly angled turn based combat screen but yeah I'm pretty much out. I don't like arena fighters at all.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No Switch version of this is one of the most obvious missed opportunities I've seen in a while. Can't even argue PlayStation exclusivity on this one either, given the Xbox port.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised it's coming to Xbox tbh.

The head line says "ask bandai" which is the pub of their games. Holding a grudge is something wow.

It's worth noting that Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 did come to Switch last year, but CyberConnect2 had nothing to do with it.

Developers can be weird like that. For instance Digimon Cyber Sleuth(Bamco) and Valkyria Chronicles 4(Sega) both came to Switch but Media.Vision did not work on the ports of either game.

It is what it is though. No use crying over spilt milk as they say.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
While normally that'd be a reason for concern... frankly, I can't imagine Demon Slayer as anything other than an arena fighter.

I was hoping for a 3d action adventure title from the Demon Slayer ip. Run around Japan, investigating and hunting down demons. Either let me play as Tanjiro or create a sayer and be able to learn techniques from any of the various disciplines.