• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – Hinokami Keppuutan adds PS5, Xbox One, and PC versions [Update 2]

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – Hinokami Keppuutan will be available for PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and PC (Steam) in addition to its previously announced PlayStation 4 version when it launche…

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – Hinokami Kepputan will be available for PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and PC in addition to its previously announced PlayStation 4 version when it launches in 2021 in Japan, the latest issue of Weekly Jump reveals.

Additionally, the magazine reveals that the game will feature a "Story Mode," in which you can experience the story, and a "Tag Battle Mode," in which you can play as various characters with simple controls.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – Hinokami Kepputan is published by Aniplex and developed by CyberConnect2.

Just a heads up, I just added this line in:

"Further new information will be announced in the February 15 issue of Weekly Jump. Information from the issue should leak on February 11."

Last edited:

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Additionally, the magazine reveals that the game will feature a "Story Mode," in which you can experience the story, and a "Tag Battle Mode," in which you can play as various characters with simple controls.

So it's a arena fighter? :(

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
OP had me panicking for a second. I saw the tweet with "this fall" and was like "what, did I write that?!"

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Is this technically another Sony game coming to PC and Xbox being published by Aniplex

Dope, the more platforms the better.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
hahaha

Dont Worry, I quickly Edited

Just a heads up, I just added this line in:

"Further new information will be announced in the February 15 issue of Weekly Jump. Information from the issue should leak on February 11."

I didn't miss it or anything. The Japanese source just added it in as well.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
An arena brawler really doesn't fit Kimetsu tbh. There aren't even any real fights between the human characters in it.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Released for PS4 and PS5 but only Xbox One? Your title just says says "Xbox' but the article specifically mentions Xbox One. I don't know if this is Xbox naming convention confusion, but they mention both PS4 and PS5 so the omission stands out.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
AWW YEAH ARENA FIGHTER LET'S GOOO BEAST BREATHING STYLE!!!!!

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
These anime games will never get that kind of resources for budget and talent lol.

It depends since Sony mentioned in their financial Q&A that they'll be having discussions about collaborations with their gaming and anime sectors since there's a large crossover audience there. Neil said that he wants to make a Cowboy Bebop game or an open-world Kiki's Delivery Service.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
a "Tag Battle Mode," in which you can play as various characters with simple controls.
play as various characters with simple controls.
tenor.gif

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
give me an arena fighter that matches storm 4, it's been 5 years since it came out and the community needs a game to move onto.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
It depends since Sony mentioned in their financial Q&A that they'll be having discussions about collaborations with their gaming and anime sectors since there's a large crossover audience there. Neil said that he wants to make a Cowboy Bebop game or an open-world Kiki's Delivery Service.
Yeah, but it's just discussions. That doesn't mean they'll give them a proper budget. Open world doesn't necessarily mean AAA. We've recently had open world games from the biggest anime franchises on the planet, Dragon Ball and One Piece, and they still felt low budget.

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
These anime games will never get that kind of resources for budget and talent lol.

I can't say what the budget is for this (though from the way they've talked about it, it seems like a big project for them), but CC2 is an incredibly talented studio filled with amazing artists. The cinematography showcased in titles like Naruto Storm and Asura's Wrath is at the top of the industry.

I don't know if this game will be good or not, but the people working on it are talented.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I can't say what the budget is for this (though from the way they've talked about it, it seems like a big project for them), but CC2 is an incredibly talented studio filled with amazing artists. The cinematography showcased in titles like Naruto Storm and Asura's Wrath is at the top of the industry.

I don't know if this game will be good or not, but the people working on it are talented.
Right, I kinda forgot this is CC2. It will be fine just like the Naruto games, which is the perfect template for anime games. Not too risky either. But still stand by my point that people should stop expecting AAA-like anime games for the unforeseeable future.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but it's just discussions. That doesn't mean they'll give them a proper budget. Open world doesn't necessarily mean AAA. We've recently had open world games from the biggest anime franchises on the planet, Dragon Ball and One Piece, and they still felt low budget.

If SIE ever takes up an anime project you can be sure that it's not going to be on a slim budget. They aren't going to have one of their studios spend time on one of these games without giving them everything necessary to make it big enough. But as you said, right now it's just in discussion stages. Because they'd also need to have an anime IP big enough worldwide to really do what they want.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Xbox One version is likely "Smart Delivery". You don't really need a series X specific version depending on the X1X support.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Xbox One, not Series X, and no Switch. Wow okay.

Xbox support makes sense for whenever they bring it to the west.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Wait... Aniplex is Sony, right? Is that correct?

Either way, thank fuck it's coming to Xbox, hopefully it's got One X support so Series X can take advantage of it.

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised someone like Neil would want to work within the restrictions of an established IP, but if he really wants to do that, now more than ever, he has the pull to make it happen and I don't think anyone could do a better job than ND.

Didn't know I even wanted that, but I do now.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
man, this should legit copy nioh whole sale. but cyberconnect 2....

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I'm surprised someone like Neil would want to work within the restrictions of an established IP, but if he really wants to do that, now more than ever, he has the pull to make it happen and I don't think anyone could do a better job than ND.

Didn't know I even wanted that, but I do now.
it was just a fun tweet that spread in the wake of IO doing Bond. . I doubt ND do anything other than original IP. They make too much money for Sony.

Now a Naughty Dog IP with a Cowboy Bebop aesthetic, sign me up.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Simple controls you say...

Ah well, what can you do? Literally EVERYONE in Japan would be looking to play it.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
I'm so glad that this isn't just gonna be another popular anime property game that Bamco straight up ruins...

CC2 gives me confidence...

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it was just a fun tweet that spread in the wake of IO doing Bond. . I doubt ND do anything other than original IP. They make too much money for Sony.

Now a Naughty Dog IP with a Cowboy Bebop aesthetic, sign me up.

Saw the tweet, Bebop comes at the end of the list, disgusting. Of course at the top is Punisher.

Yeah,I'd take dogfights to the sound of jazz any day.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish this game was a 2D fighter with deep mechanics by Arcsys Works. The breathing styles in 2D animation would be great.

If not that then a Sekiro type of game, but with a Demon Slayer paint on it. The problem with CC2 is that their games look great, but the mechanics just kinda suck and aren't that deep or engaging. I hope it's at least as fun as the Storm games.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Mod Edit: Removed link to magazine scans

Here's some scan leaks of screenshots of the game.

Last edited by a moderator: