• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favorite character so far?

• Tanjiro!

Votes: 167 30.0%
  • Nezuko!

Votes: 150 26.9%
  • Zenitsu!

Votes: 78 14.0%
  • Inosuke!

Votes: 113 20.3%
  • Muzan!

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Giyuu Tomioka!

Votes: 22 3.9%
  • Shinobu

Votes: 23 4.1%

• Total voters

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
What an amazing show, only downside is that Zenitsu REALLY walks the "too annoying to recommend to non anime fans" line very closely

He is the hypest when he has his gameface on though

but still

so annoying
It definitely takes a while to get used to... 😅 But the good parts of the character easily outshine those annoying aspects in my opinion. Much like Tanjiro, he's a truly kind person and I love that so much about the character. It doesn't hurt either that he's insanely powerful.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What an absolute masterpiece of an anime. God damn.
Probably the best first season of anything I've ever watched. Totally and utterly loved everything about it.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It definitely takes a while to get used to... 😅 But the good parts of the character easily outshine those annoying aspects in my opinion. Much like Tanjiro, he's a truly kind person and I love that so much about the character. It doesn't hurt either that he's insanely powerful.
Yeah I love him, its just that this show is SO GOOD and I know hes going to be the reason casual fans tune out. Bums me out.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Elaborate please
superthumb.jpg
The former is pretty self-explanatory, so for the latter:

Just wasn't sure if you'd forgotten this moment, or somehow found it a real gutbuster.

PfM1vQt.png

King Fossil

Oct 26, 2017
My only concern regarding the movie is that the train arc is about 12 chapters, and I fear that they'll have to truncate a bit here and there to squeeze it all into 100 minutes.

But on the other hand, the production quality is going to be through the freaking roof for this arc, and I'm gonna be really mad if the movie doesn't make it into theaters outside of Japan.

Is there some kind of mandatory limit for Anime films that they have to only be 100 minutes? Just curious since I have noticed that that does seem to be the limit for a good majority of them. I wonder why 2 hour anime films are rare.

The Heaven's Feel movies run close to 2 hours though.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the last episode. Really sad to see it go, this ended up being an utterly fantastic adaptation. I was initially a little meh on it, but ever since like the 4 or 5th episode, I got pretty into it. Over this past week since Episode 25, I just binged the entire manga. I appreciate this adaptation even more after doing so, because man, they really went all out in doing the manga justice.

I gotta say though, the next arc being covered as a movie is pretty wack. Yea yea it'll look amazing and all, but it's not gonna be nearly as accessible as it would've been had in a 2nd season instead. On top of that, once the movie comes out, what happens next? Are we gonna get a 2nd season after that? If so, then it'd feel kind of clunky to go from S1 to a movie, and then suddenly go back to it being a regular season again. I feel like the only way I would've gotten behind the idea of a movie adaptation is if they were covering the last arc or anything. But yea, news kinda both bummed me out and excited me at the same time.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Muzan Kibutsuji: "Why do y'all in the lower 12 keep dying???"

also Muzan Kibutsuji: *Kills everyone in the lower 12 but one dude*
The way the head of the Demon Hunter Corps reacted to Shinobu mentioning Fire Breathing.....Sus.

Yeah, Rui was killed by a Hashira and Muzan is the one that decided to separate them into two groups (Lower and Upper). That implies he doesn't expect the Lower to perform on par with the Upper (who can apparently handle Hashira).

It just seemed like the usual "I'm the big bad so I got to show out" type thing.

It's a good scene that shows Muzan to be an extremely petty and unreasonable individual.

If we go by the theme of this series which is about family, then Muzan plays the role of an abusive head of the household

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
So I have finished this as well, didn't participate in any discussions online - I am reading here now that the next season is essentially a movie?

First of, why?
Second of all, will the third one be a season?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So I have finished this as well, didn't participate in any discussions online - I am reading here now that the next season is essentially a movie?

First of, why?
Second of all, will the third one be a season?
Probably because it's a short arc and they could make good money on a movie. A season 2 would be announced after the movie releases.

Last edited:

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Muzan scene in the last ep, though...

Don't worry, Tanjiro, you got this!

... oksy maybe you could use a bit of a power up.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Finished the last episode, didn't particularily liked it as i never really like "end of season episode to set things up for the future" but a lot of that is on me. Also i felt there were some really weird cuts/edits in that Muzan scene, like they were trying to make it more dramatic than what it already was.

Anyway, grossly enjoyable series, a bit disappointed in the movie especially considering that we will a) receive it later and b) especially in the West fewer people will experience it creating a gap in the fanbase; also i fear this means S2 won't be for a very long time, and i've seen other series' (AoT, MP100) hype dying with long gaps between seasons.

Oh well, time will tell, in the meantime remember to breathe regularily guys!

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Clicked on the wrong Demon Slayer OT and now I got spoiled for the next arc. I hate my life.

Anyways, this episode was great. The whole Muzan bit was dreadful and bloody as heck. Nice little humor thrown in as well in this episode. I'm sad to see the season come to an end.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Very surprised that they're making a movie out of the next arc. Makes me think we won't actually see a second season :(

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good scene that shows Muzan to be an extremely petty and unreasonable individual.

If we go by the theme of this series which is about family, then Muzan plays the role of an abusive head of the household
It is just pretty typical (and senseless) of villains is all I'm saying. I just like when villainy is tackled from different angles. Like when we saw Muzan with the wife and kid. And then when we saw him in the alley restraining himself until that guy pushed him further.

I did like the scene but that'd be my critique of it.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Stellar ending. The show balances cool shounen action with great wholesome moments so well. And minimum fanservice to boot. Just an all-around feel good kind of show. Hope the movie makes its way here, but I'm afraid that means quite a bit of a wait for a full season 2.
It is just pretty typical (and senseless) of villains is all I'm saying. I just like when villainy is tackled from different angles. Like when we saw Muzan with the wife and kid. And then when we saw him in the alley restraining himself until that guy pushed him further.

I did like the scene but that'd be my critique of it.
I think you both make good points. It is a pretty tropey bad guy showing off kind of scene, but it is also narratively important to show that he isn't just this calm, calculated overlord like he was portrayed. He gives into his own emotions and vices as well.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Finished the season and I'm at about chapter 134 in the manga.

Very surprised they are making the next arc a movie. That seems very clunky for continuity. Now you rely on your fan base watching a movie to continue the story if you have a season 2. You'll have people walking into S2 unaware and have no idea why it's skipped over the train arc (especially casual anime fans). The next arc has some big events in it, too. I guess they could cut up the movie and use it for the first half of S2 but that would be awkward.

It just seems like a big mistake to me personally.

Overall, the anime was fantastic. Glad I watched it. I'll be keeping up with the manga now when I can.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they're planning on putting the movie on streaming platforms ahead of the next season? That'd make it a lot easier to keep up.

This is pretty unusual, right? Making a movie part of the adaptation midway through?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently they've done it before I saw someone mention. Dbs did it too I guess but that's alil different case
DBS is basically original content, yeah? I don't really follow Dragonball.

It's the nature of it being an adaptation, so there's not really a way to write around the movie, that makes me think that they're going to have to take some extra steps to make sure the audience can keep up with it.

Oct 25, 2017
DBS is basically original content, yeah? I don't really follow Dragonball.

It's the nature of it being an adaptation, so there's not really a way to write around the movie, that makes me think that they're going to have to take some extra steps to make sure the audience can keep up with it.
So Dbs kinda yea the manga is now ahead tho it was a special case

maybe they'll work a deal out put it on streaming spots early idk guess we wait

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Finished the last episode, and i have to say, this anime is really one of the best. Can't wait to see the movie, and hopefully season 2 will come soon!

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think kimetsu no yaiba gained enough popularity it will have screenings for the films in various movie theater chains. Not a whole room all the time, but at least some screenings here and there.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Depends on country and where you live. I'm fairly sure I can say goodbye to seeing the movie before it's available otherwise.

At best after a lot of driving on my part and with German subtitles, which is eh.

Aveis

Oct 28, 2017
Timisoara
Finished the first season today!
What a series,I am a fan of the manga but god damn this adaptation blew me away,I hope Ufotable will resume working on the series after the movie

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The first half of the season finale was amazing, up there with episode 19 animation-wise. I'm probably going to start the manga, I can't wait a year to see what happens next

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure how I feel about the anime continuing in movie form.

I've heard a lot of hype around the train arc and was hoping to see a good serialized adaptation!

Is it an arc which can be fully covered in a single movie?

I hope we get a dragon ball super style retelling of the arc if its not fully faithful.

May just check out the manga!

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Not sure how I feel about the anime continuing in movie form.

I've heard a lot of hype around the train arc and was hoping to see a good serialized adaptation!

Is it an arc which can be fully covered in a single movie?

I hope we get a dragon ball super style retelling of the arc if its not fully faithful.

May just check out the manga!
I'd definitely temper that hype. And yeah, it can.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Just watched the last episode, such a good show.
Dub begins on October 12th, for anyone interested in that.