• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favorite character so far?

• Tanjiro!

Votes: 167 30.0%
  • Nezuko!

Votes: 150 26.9%
  • Zenitsu!

Votes: 78 14.0%
  • Inosuke!

Votes: 113 20.3%
  • Muzan!

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Giyuu Tomioka!

Votes: 22 3.9%
  • Shinobu

Votes: 23 4.1%

• Total voters

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But yeah I'm not waiting for the movie to keep up with the manga lmaaaao. Anybody know about what point/chapter I should start reading for the Crazy Train arc?

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I need this but with the three faces of the leads.
ZdMHoli.gif

What an emotional ending. Ufotable is also back in town. After years of shit since Fate Zero, they make this. Cant wait for season 2
But first, who is who in that gif

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
That was probably my favorite episode of the season, so that's a nice way to finish things. Great combination setting up future threads, nice character moments, and some good comedy. Also the Muzan scene looked amazing. The Tanjiro coin flip moment was so sweet.

Only real complaints about the series are that there was some weird pacing (slow/repeated scenes) at points and that it was too faithful to the manga when it came to narration. Almost all the the action is very clear here where it isn't at points in the manga so it could have been reduced even further. Though these issues didn't really stand out to me as much from forest arc on. I guess yelling was a bit much from Zenitsu at points where it doesn't phase me reading but can't really fault the adaptation for that. Also feel that a lot of the comedy worked better in the manga but that's ok. Overall, enjoyed watching the series a lot!

Looking forward to the movie!

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Wow the Muzan scene was hype, the dude straight up clean half his house. Those upper levels should be no joke.
Mohawk hair dude is a big boy now, man what a tease.
Inosuke is starting to became my favourite, first the swords scene and now the train lol

Well let's go with the manga now.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the Muzan scene, it looked so otherwordly and it's nice to see some unique abilities for Demons in this series who can really bend the laws of reality in messed up ways.

Inosuke fighting the train was just hilarious. I also loved Tanjiro being a "Country Bumpkin" too there :D

While I'm glad for the movie, and thankful that it seems the arc in question would probably be best suited to it, it's going to be a very long wait to see it, and then likely an even longer wait until hopefully a new TV season too.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Watch season 2 being announced at the end of the movie, Mob Psycho 100 style!!!

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
My only concern regarding the movie is that the train arc is about 12 chapters, and I fear that they'll have to truncate a bit here and there to squeeze it all into 100 minutes.

But on the other hand, the production quality is going to be through the freaking roof for this arc, and I'm gonna be really mad if the movie doesn't make it into theaters outside of Japan.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
My only concern regarding the movie is that the train arc is about 12 chapters, and I fear that they'll have to truncate a bit here and there to squeeze it all into 100 minutes.

But on the other hand, the production quality is going to be through the freaking roof for this arc, and I'm gonna be really mad if the movie doesn't make it into theaters outside of Japan.
Is there some kind of mandatory limit for Anime films that they have to only be 100 minutes? Just curious since I have noticed that that does seem to be the limit for a good majority of them. I wonder why 2 hour anime films are rare.

mod post: concerning manga posts in this thread

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Given that there is now a manga thread for this series, and that it's season is currently over, we ask that everyone please take any discussion of Demon Slayer that does not pertain to the anime into that thread, so as to avoid spoilers to those who wish to wait for the movie and potential next season.

Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Given that there is now a manga thread for this series, and that it's season is currently over, we ask that everyone please take any discussion of Demon Slayer that does not pertain to the anime into that thread, so as to avoid spoilers to those who wish to wait for the movie and potential next season.

Thanks for adding manga OT for me

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so season 2 will be a movie? There won't be any more episodes before the movie (eventually) hits?
Season 2 hasn't been announced. Only a movie covering the next arc. There's no way this won't get a second season, but ufotable aren't the fastest studio. Chances are the second season announcement will be at the end of the movie.

The show is incredibly popular so worries of no second season are premature.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Season 2 hasn't been announced. Only a movie covering the next arc. There's no way this won't get a second season, but ufotable aren't the fastest studio. Chances are the second season announcement will be at the end of the movie.

Ah, cool! Hope they don't take too long to make the movie, I need more of this show in my life! :D

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
- Some crazy animation in that first half.

- Now just add Inosuke to that as well.

KZVBfYX.png

Amazing season overall. Time to jump in and catch up to the manga.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What a great first season. Having a hard time thinking of any longer running series that had such a good first 26 episodes.

Tanjiro is such a sweet kid. Don't lose yourself ever. I hope to see more of Kanao in the future, who's hopefully more empowered and not just following orders.

Definitely gonna start reading the manga now. The movie trailer looks great and I do wanna watch a season 2 where I'm going in fresh, but this is so good you can't help but want to experience it twice. Once in the manga, and again in the anime.

Can't wait for more ufotable + demon slayer goodness.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
When it comes to anime adaptations that have canon movies, I am 3/3 so far. Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Kizumonogatari movies, and the Saga of Tanya the Evil movie were all fantastic. I can't wait to see the Bunny Girl Senpai and Konosuba movies. And now this.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there some kind of mandatory limit for Anime films that they have to only be 100 minutes? Just curious since I have noticed that that does seem to be the limit for a good majority of them. I wonder why 2 hour anime films are rare.

I'd imagine because an additional 40 minutes is hundreds of additional hours of animation, direction, voice acting, etc. and normally anime budgets aren't that gigantic afaik.

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017

They're also busy with another Heaven's Feel movie and possibly Tales of Arise stuff.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Finally finished... very emotional... I don't what to say...

I love this show so much. Its high quality in so many ways.

I'm glad I gathered the courage to make this OT because its been an awesome experience talking with y'all about the show.

I'm back on the movie hype train lol

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Really enjoyed this show from start to finish, even the slow parts were really enjoyable.
So the next part is going to be a movie? Hopefully the wait isn't too bad. Feel like every anime I get into has a massive break.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, the first scene was so well done.

Fantastic series all around, it's Shonen firing at all cylinders. I'm now fighting the urge to read the manga.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I didn't think they were going to movie it... Although it's probably more like an feature length OVA I guess.

It's amazing how this series blew up in popularity. When I first started I thought it was good but nothing incredible, credits to Ufotable for putting in the money and time to make this look and sound so good.

Babymomo

Aug 14, 2019
On mother nature i hate most anime but this show is straight up excellence, like i still cant find a thing i hate about it, its so fucking good.
I wanna read the manga but the anime has kind of ruined it for me cause i expect this much excellence from it so im just gonna suck it up and spoil it for myself, spoilers arent bad as long as what it informs is worth it and oh boy is it worth it, this shit is so fucking worth it.

Though i will say i wish the author made Zenitsu the normal guy in the group who is rightfully skeptical of everything and always has a sense of caution with him instead of the loud, creepy, stupidly cowardly guy we got. His peak was when he was protecting Nezuko from Inosuke and his "country pumpkin" line was funnier than anything else that came out of his mouth this season.

Tanjirou is the greatest anime protaginast of all time and i will fucking fight you over it he is legit such a joy to watch, i feel so calm when he is on my screen lol. Inosuke has so much fucking character his design alone makes him one of my favorite characters of all time period, everything he does and says literally makes me burst out laughing.

All the women in this show are absolutly wonderful tho i do wish they were less soft spoken like my blue girl. There hasn't been an anime show that i've found with such great writing, animation, voice acting(especially Inosuke's VA) and a great theme of familial love with such minimal fanservice, bless the mangaka for not pandering and keeping it real, though i'm not gonna lie i'm a little nervous for one female character that is coming up soon(one of the upper moons).

This is just such a good show all around.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
We're getting a fucking anime movie for the train arc??? Holy shiiit the animation is going to be out of this world I can't wait

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Muzan Kibutsuji: "Why do y'all in the lower 12 keep dying???"

also Muzan Kibutsuji: *Kills everyone in the lower 12 but one dude*

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
When the bluray comes out for this, I'm so getting it. I haven't enjoyed an anime this much since the first season of One Punch Man.

Oct 25, 2017
The way the head of the Demon Hunter Corps reacted to Shinobu mentioning Fire Breathing.....Sus.

Muzan Kibutsuji: "Why do y'all in the lower 12 keep dying???"

also Muzan Kibutsuji: *Kills everyone in the lower 12 but one dude*
Yeah, Rui was killed by a Hashira and Muzan is the one that decided to separate them into two groups (Lower and Upper). That implies he doesn't expect the Lower to perform on par with the Upper (who can apparently handle Hashira).

It just seemed like the usual "I'm the big bad so I got to show out" type thing.

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the episode, was a pretty good last episode for the season and that bit with Muzak as a Geisha had me shook

Hype for this train arc and can't wait for the movie so I'm going to go ahead and read it right now

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What an amazing show, only downside is that Zenitsu REALLY walks the "too annoying to recommend to non anime fans" line very closely

He is the hypest when he has his gameface on though

but still

so annoying