• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stunner911

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wakanda
someone post something gross or a hot take, i miss posting my demon slayer meme image
tenor.gif

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Can't say this enough, but I really do love Rengoku's design.

It's so fucking good. Honestly, I can definitely see why people go crazy over Crocs characters. Some top tier designs.
Yup they just pop out at you. Demons too.
I think Tanjiro may be my favorite Jump protagonist since Yoh Asakura (Shaman King)
daaaamn high praise. Idk where I rank him but he def top 5/top 3
Wait, I just watched Inosuke's intro episode. I actually liked him, what's this about being a jobber?
lol inosuke fine we just have a rivalry in this thread

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Tanjiro is pretty great. He's simple, but supremely well executed - a kind man forced to go to extraordinary lengths. There is, of course, a lot of resemblence to other shonen protags around the edges, but that core focus on kindness really does make him feel different than most, to me at least. He's not in it for the thrill or the challenge or to fulfill a childhoood dream or what have you.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tanjiro is cool because he's not hotblooded or have some grand dream to be the best *insert title here*. He's happy being some farmer in the middle of nowhere, until his family gets killed, so now he wants to just save his sister. Family bonds being his driving force makes him really relatable/likable.

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
Remember that one dude that wanted to kill Tanjiro in his dreams but then he got purified by Tanjiro's inner kindness instead? Our sweet boy.

Also I'm on Team Inosuke is a Jobber, where do I sign up for the newsletter.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Tanjiro is pretty great. He's simple, but supremely well executed - a kind man forced to go to extraordinary lengths. There is, of course, a lot of resemblence to other shonen protags around the edges, but that core focus on kindness really does make him feel different than most, to me at least. He's not in it for the thrill or the challenge or to fulfill a childhoood dream or what have you.
Tanjiro is cool because he's not hotblooded or have some grand dream to be the best *insert title here*. He's happy being some farmer in the middle of nowhere, until his family gets killed, so now he wants to just save his sister. Family bonds being his driving force makes him really relatable/likable.
Well said agree with all this. It's not I wanna be the best demon slayer ever.. it's simply look I just want to save my sister man

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
You guys gotta give Inosuke a break the man created his own breathing technique and didn't even get taught by a Hashira like Tanjiro and Zenitsu which is an achievement in itself. He hasn't necessarily jobbed like character from other series (looking at you Yamcha lol) because he put in work for a lot of fights. Heck if Inosuke wasn't there Kanao would have been killed by Douma.

Also none of these UMs are supposed to be 1v1. Honestly, Tokito really could have lost because UM 5 went full stupid by going for a head on attack. Man could have had it, but he got too full of himself. Also UM 3 and UM 1 are the goat because the only reason they lost is because they killed themselve which is wild. Douma is also ridiculously op himself and only got done in because of poison. To be granted tho it did cost Shinobu's life.

It makes you realize how much of a chad Yoriichi was. Man was truly the Demon Slayer Jesus of the series and his design felt really different from everyone else. He made Muzan shit bricks lol.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all gonna stop Trynna add all these "but&becauses" to my characters fights
Tokito and Zenitsu the only to do it. Respect it

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
The final cover looks great.

It's such a nice send off.

Edit: It would be funny if the Croc didn't actually like Zenitsu in the end which is why she didn't give him a solo cover lol. Would be the complete opposite on his popularity in Japan.

Last edited: