• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
EDWqaN-VAAAnEr5.jpg
hes great but it doesnt take away from Rengoku. He was also largely outshined in his own arc by Tanjiro awakening his super saiyan mode that totally came into play later, and Nezuko awakening her super saiyan mode that also came into play later.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
hes great but it doesnt take away from Rengoku. He was also largely outshined in his own arc by Tanjiro awakening his super saiyan mode that totally came into play later, and Nezuko awakening her super saiyan mode that also came into play later.
I hear you sure but neither of them forms finished the job(not really a shocker with ol tanjiro) Ol uzui came in and took daki out no sweat after tnjiro
9888b0c922cf15b4590ade13c44736b0.jpg

66e94c8e64efea55a43b4a7fe2a877355a363c25r1-959-1400v2_hq.jpg

latest

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Red Light District = Saiyan/Frieza Saga, the peak of the series. Balls to the walls, oh shit moments.
Swordsman village = Boo Saga, not quite as grandiose as the previous saga but still has some stellar moments
Infinity Castle Arc = Cell Saga, surprising deaths and really cool powerup/moments for our protagonists but overally not quite on the same level

That's my take comparing the arcs.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Red Light District = Saiyan/Frieza Saga, the peak of the series. Balls to the walls, oh shit moments.
Swordsman village = Boo Saga, not quite as grandiose as the previous saga but still has some stellar moments
Infinity Castle Arc = Cell Saga, surprising deaths and really cool powerup/moments for our protagonists but overally not quite on the same level

Hmm that's actually fair yea

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Infinity Fortress Arc gave us two of the best fights in the entire series which why I will always put it above the others.

Nothing beats the Upper Moon 1 fight in terms of presentation and nothing beats Upper Moon 3 fight in terms of emotional impact. It was literally peak Kimetsu. Even the Doma fight was wild af.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Infinity Fortress Arc gave us two of the best fights in the entire series which why I will always put it above the others.

Nothing beats the Upper Moon 1 fight in terms of presentation and nothing beats Upper Moon 3 fight in terms of emotional impact. It was literally peak Kimetsu. Even the Doma fight was wild af.
You missing a fight here and I don't appreciate it

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Also do not forget how the beginning of the arc started too. Ubuyashiki literally blew himself up in the arc which threw me off.

Even Zenitsu got himself a kill lol
Reading this arc in full color as we speak and my god it was a ride. It get shaky the last 10-15 chapters I think a lot of us can agree there but shit chapter 138 to like 190 is fantastic

currently right here
DS_C_158_019.png

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Infinity Fortress is great until Muzan's endless whips and Nezuko getting benched drags it down a bunch

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Who's ginyu force?

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Infinity Fortress is great until Muzan's endless whips and Nezuko getting benched drags it down a bunch

I'm telling you right now when Ufotable adapts this arc people will finally admit that Infinity Fortress is the best arc.

They can easily fix the Muzan fight by making it more dynamic. Tbh tho the arc has a lot of higher highs that even the lows doesn't lower the arc for me. Even the ending that people are split on isn't even that bad in the grand scheme of things when it comes to Battle Shonen.

As for Nezuko yea it sucks she got benched, but it made sense why tho.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
I'm telling you right now when Ufotable adapts this arc people will finally admit that Infinity Fortress is the best arc.

They can easily fix the Muzan fight by making it more dynamic. Tbh tho the arc has a lot of higher highs that even the lows doesn't lower the arc for me. Even the ending that people are split on isn't even that bad in the grand scheme of things when it comes to Battle Shonen.

I treat 204&205 like naruto 699 and 700. Ones the ending, ones the epilogue and I ignore the hell out of both epilogues lol

Kino

Oct 25, 2017

It had more problems than just the Muzan fight

Kaigaku and Zenitsu absolutely needed a chapter together. The little flashback during the spider arc was barely an afterthought and didn't even introduce him.

Snake also needs something so we can get his backstory out of the way; that last minute flashback was really bad,

There's more but those two are the most egregious issues and most easily fixed imo

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
It had more problems than just the Muzan fight

Kaigaku and Zenitsu absolutely needed a chapter together. The little flashback during the spider arc was barely an afterthought and didn't even introduce him.

Snake also needs something so we can get his backstory out of the way; that last minute flashback was really bad,

There's more but those two are the most egregious issues and most easily fixed imo

Like I said the anime can easily fix those issues by adding filler. Since Ufotable is thinking long term with this franchise it's gonna be in good hands.

Also forgot, but Kaigaku was in Himejima's flashback.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
No they can't, Muzan fight has to be fully re-worked no amount of just more "dynamic" gonna make that into a good fight.

Animation can make a static image of whipping a lot more interesting. Plus waiting weekly for the chapters made the pacing wack which is why I went back and binge read all at once again and honestly it was a lot more better. Obviously the fight isn't as good as the previous fights, but things like Iguro coming in clutch, Tanjiro and co working together, and the fight basically being a deathmatch helped it.

Anyways Tamayo said it best, Muzan was a narcissist coward so I'm not sure what people expected from Muzan as the final boss. He wasn't supposed to be some cool charismatic final villain. He was a coward that died like a coward. Gotoge wanted to send that message until his very last breath. Although the execution could have been planned a lot better. However, that's where I feel Ufotable can help fix things. Not saying everything can be fixed, but surely a good amount can be fixed to make it a better fight than it was in the manga.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Animation can make a static image of whipping a lot more interesting. Plus waiting weekly for the chapters made the pacing wack which is why I went back and binge read all at once again and honestly it was a lot more better. Obviously the fight isn't as good as the previous fights, but things like Iguro coming in clutch, Tanjiro and co working together, and the fight basically being a deathmatch helped it.

Anyways Tamayo said it best, Muzan was a narcissist coward so I'm not sure what people expected from Muzan as the final boss. He wasn't supposed to be some cool charismatic final villain. He was a coward that died like a coward. Gotoge wanted to send that message until his very last breath. Although the execution could have been planned a lot better. However, that's where I feel Ufotable can help fix things. Not saying everything can be fixed, but surely a good amount can be fixed to make it a better fight than it was in the manga.

No amount of good animation is gonna make 10 episodes of whipping sudently more interesting. Either they expand Muzan powerset to make for a interesting extended fight or they better cut 80% of that fight because otherwise it's gonna be the same very very boring thing again.

Muzan is one of the worse final boss fights i seen, 80% of the fight is the same thing over and over again. You know it's bad when it don't even make Top 5 fights on the whole show lol the final boss. Not even on the Top 3 of his own arc lmao

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
No amount of good animation is gonna make 10 episodes of whipping sudently more interesting. Either they expand Muzan powerset to make for a interesting extended fight or they better cut 80% of that fight because otherwise it's gonna be the same very very boring thing again.

Muzan is one of the worse final boss fights i seen, 80% of the fight is the same thing over and over again. You know it's bad when it don't even make Top 5 fights on the whole show lol the final boss. Not even on the Top 3 of his own arc lmao

I'll give you this tho compared to the other fights in the series it's wack.

Then again we've seen this with a lot of Battle Shonen with the likes of Naruto, Bleach, Soma, 7 Deadly Sins, and etc.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Ok. Alternate point. They call up the Hunter x Hunter narrator for chimera ant arc and make it more about the thought processes coupled with flash backs and what's going through their minds.

Yes it's a dumb fight but when the complex poison hits if we get an Ojou sama laugh it'll all be worth it.

"wait what's this? More effects?"

*back of hand on cheek*
"ooooo ho ho ho ho ho ho"

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Ok. Alternate point. They call up the Hunter x Hunter narrator for chimera ant arc and make it more about the thought processes coupled with flash backs and what's going through their minds.

Yes it's a dumb fight but when the complex poison hits if we get an Ojou sama laugh it'll all be worth it.

*back of hand on cheek*
If I had to sit thru the hxh narrator on top of muzans whips I've would've lost.

"muzan knew he didn't have much time left so the only thing on his mind was to whip, he continually whipped because like a sun inevitably rising his death was inevitable"

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If I had to sit thru the hxh narrator on top of muzans whips I've would've lost.

"muzan knew he didn't have much time left so the only thing on his mind was to whip, he continually whipped because like a sun inevitably rising his death was inevitable"
"meanwhile 5 feet away, 1 minute and 49 seconds before Tanjiro is unaware that in 3 minutes 20 3/4 seconds he about to be whipped right on the face"

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Even Zenitsu's fight vs the upper moon was better ("fight" because he one shots it like a master, yeah when will your faves).

Terrible, terrible stuff the Muzan fight.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

*back of hand on cheek*

So basically like Shoot/Knuckle vs Youpi. Nah, even Togashi realized after about 3/4 chapters of Youpi whips he had to move on from that lol

Even Zenitsu's fight vs the upper moon was better ("fight" because he one shots it like a master, yeah when will your faves).

Terrible, terrible stuff the Muzan fight.

And the anime can make Zenitsu fight even better by doing his flashback in a better way.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

*back of hand on cheek*

That reminds me Tamayo was the MVP of the Muzan fight.

She literally rekted that man in the most amazing way. Like you said just have her voice actor give off a Ojou sama laugh and it'll be beautiful.

I enjoyed the Muzan fight due to the amount of people getting bodied. If theres one thing enjoyable about that fight is the complete desperation of the fight. Everyone was basically at their limits and just kept on going.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
That reminds me Tamayo was the MVP of the Muzan fight.

She literally rekted that man in the most amazing way. Like you said just have her voice actor give off a Ojou sama laugh and it'll be beautiful.

I enjoyed the Muzan fight due to the amount of people getting bodied. If theres one thing enjoyable about that fight is the complete desperation of the fight. Everyone was basically at their limits and just kept on going.
I'm just glad Tanjiro aint 1v1 him. He got his "I'm the main character" moment with the 13th form and even that was just him stalling until everybody got back up

It took
Tanjiro,inosuke,zenitsu, iguro,kanroji,kanao,himejima,sanemi,yushiro, the demon slayer corps(these dudes were throwing their bodies in front of his attacks at one point to protect everybody),the medical corps, a bus, a car, a trolley a deadly poison made by shinobu and tamayo and yet at the end of the day he lost from the one weakness he couldn't overcome the sun.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad Tanjiro aint 1v1 him. He got his "I'm the main character" moment with the 13th form and even that was just him stalling until everybody got back up

It took
Tanjiro,inosuke,zenitsu, iguro,kanroji,kanao,himejima,sanemi,yushiro, the demon slayer corps(these dudes were throwing their bodies in front of his attacks at one point to protect everybody),the medical corps, a bus, a car, a trolley a deadly poison made by shinobu and tamayo and yet at the end of the day he lost from the one weakness he couldn't overcome the sun.

Also Himejima strangling a huge demonic baby lol.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

It took
This anime teaches a valuable lesson that Michael Jackson ain't meant to be fucked with.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

It took
Yeah, I did like this.

Conceptually, the Muzan fight is great. It's just that in practice it was god knows how many chapters of whipping. Restructure that bit and I think you've got a great finale.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I did like this.

Conceptually, the Muzan fight is great. It's just that in practice it was god knows how many chapters of whipping. Restructure that bit and I think you've got a great finale.
If ufotable adds the slimey arm looking things into the mix and have him do the lightning pulse stuff some more instead we good to go

Ard maybe not the last one cuz one of em almost finished everybody lmao

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I usually dislike filler in my Battle Shonen anime. However, Kimetsu is actually one of the few series that I would happy if they added filler to the series.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
I usually dislike filler in my Battle Shonen anime. However, Kimetsu is actually one of the few series that I would happy if they added filler to the series.
It's such a short series the only place that I can see filler being added too is right after the red light district arc where Tanjiro is recovering and inosuke and Zenitsu already out on missions maybe have them go out with a pillar and the training arc.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I did like this.

How to make the Muzan fight better:

When Muzan thwips Tanjiro in the eye in his MC Escher mansion, just have that be when he starts slowly becoming a demon. Instead of his coming back to the fight with that big eye growth, have him come back as a demon at that point. Now he has to do the 12 forms of Fire/Sun Breathing until the sun rises and defeat Muzan before they both die.