• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Ordering reprints for a volume that won't be out for another month and a half. This is insanity.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't wait for the movie so I read all of Demon Slayer.
o6yTZGS.jpg

8/10, would whip again

AnansiThePersona

Oct 27, 2017
Lol nice!! High score too. Glad you liked it. Most the ppl o stanned it to came out liking it
Yeah I thought it was just fantastic...until the lukewarm ending. My bored ass even when through the thread to see people's reactions to some of the final arc deaths/reveals. Genya was probably my favorite character. And what I imagine the most popular arc, the Red Light District, was my favorite. Muzan had so much swag but he wasted all his good will with his Johnny Test foley work in the last 15 chapters. And Demon Tanjiro was so fucking disappointing. Make him a demon, and have him stay that way until they find the Blue Flower or some shit. Don't pull that plotline out then turn him back in one chapter.

Also, that final chapter is TERRIBLE lmao

But overall I loved the manga. The fights are some of the best in the genre.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I thought it was just fantastic...until the lukewarm ending. My bored ass even when through the thread to see people's reactions to some of the final arc deaths/reveals. Genya was probably my favorite character. And what I imagine the most popular arc, the Red Light District, was my favorite. Muzan had so much swag but he wasted all his good will with his Johnny Test foley work in the last 15 chapters. And Demon Tanjiro was so fucking disappointing. Make him a demon, and have him stay that way until they find the Blue Flower or some shit. Don't pull that plotline out then turn him back in one chapter.

Also, that final chapter is TERRIBLE lmao

But overall I loved the manga. The fights are some of the best in the genre.
Yup pretty much in line with everybody else lol. And at this point if ya fav arc ain't the red light district id love to see somebody say so lol

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I read this whole thing once it was up on the SJ app and shit is boring as hell. Characters are boring (mostly) some are just annoying, fights feel pretty standard and lack any impact, story is shallow af. The rushed feel to the ending, complete with body count of characters you barely know and have zero connection to, is bordering on shonen parody for how stock it is. Last chapter is hilariously bad.

I haven't watched the anime, but it def seems like it would be the best way to experience it, because outside of the visuals it's not very good.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone came in clutch in that fight. I love how every fight pushes every character to their absolute limit. This is why the Kokushiki fight is best fight in the manga. Because it was 4v1 and they barely won
Yup everybody participates it ain't just Tanjiro cleaning everybody even with his flashback power up power that never seems to actually help him 😂😂😂

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maaan the oricon numbers are crazy, what the fuck. 45 million volumes sold in half a year? And OP (#2) sold like 3 million only?

Seriously, i don't get the extreme, desperate love for this manga. I fail to grasp it even more as days pass and i find more and more stuff to criticize from the series, from wasted potential in several characters, muzan, the weak worldbuilding...

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Maaan the oricon numbers are crazy, what the fuck. 45 million volumes sold in half a year? And OP (#2) sold like 3 million only?

Seriously, i don't get the extreme, desperate love for this manga. I fail to grasp it even more as days pass and i find more and more stuff to criticize from the series, from wasted potential in several characters, muzan, the weak worldbuilding...
It's a short solid manga that got a really good adaptation. It clearly doing it for them ppl don't think it's anything crazy to grasp or anything. It's not a one piece or a hunterxhunter for world building. It's a battle manga with just alil over 200 chapters with a simple plot that ppl can eat up

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's a short solid manga that got a really good adaptation. It clearly doing it for them ppl don't think it's anything crazy to grasp or anything. It's not a one piece or a hunterxhunter for world building. It's a battle manga with just alil over 200 chapters with a simple plot that ppl can eat up

Yeah but that has been done to death, and with far weaker sales. Why this one specifically? The numbers are really incredible. Wonder if it's like a perfect storm scenario...

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but that has been done to death, and with far weaker sales. Why this one specifically? The numbers are really incredible. Wonder if it's like a perfect storm scenario...
Anime has become way more mainstream, it instantly caught on around the world, its pretty much battle fast food, ufotable showed they asses off. Idk I just assume at this point the large majority of ppl like it. Cuz it's only so far an adaptation gonna carry you

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Demon Slayer is popular because of the anime and the character designs being popular. The series being popular after the anime makes sense, but being as popular as it is compared to other popular stuff is where things get harder to understand.

Someone who just watched the anime and/or is buying back issues wouldn't know about any of that stuff.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it'll teach the manga industry to not half-ass their anime adaptations if they want to make filthy amounts of cash.

Edit: Well, all the money in the world can't save a mediocre team.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
If we get a modern part sequel. Who will be the main villain?

- an ancient peoples who bloom blue higan?
- Muzan that successful possed Tanjiro?
- Yushiro that becomes a serial killer?
- Yakuza Boss?
- Muzan Friend?

AnansiThePersona

Oct 27, 2017
If we get a modern part sequel. Who will be the main villain?

- an ancient peoples who bloom blue higan?
- Muzan that successful possed Tanjiro?
- Yushiro that becomes a serial killer?
- Yakuza Boss?
- Muzan Friend?
Yushiro going bonkers and becoming a killer is very appealing to me for some reason. Now that there are no more demon slayers how do they fight back?

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
EZWsz0CVcAQmeMm.jpg

twitter.com

鬼滅の刃公式 on Twitter

“【本日は蜜璃の誕生日!】 6月1日は恋柱・甘露寺蜜璃の誕生日! 蜜璃の誕生日を記念して、ufotable描き下ろしミニキャライラストを公開しました! ぜひチェックしてください! https://t.co/GGhW61hnEL #鬼滅の刃 #6月1日は甘露寺蜜璃の誕生日”

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know that I'm ever gonna stop feeling kinda salty over how they handled Kanroji in that last arc. Had a great intro in the swordsmith's village, talked up as this superhuman, and then, push comes to shove, nada.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I read this whole thing once it was up on the SJ app and shit is boring as hell. Characters are boring (mostly) some are just annoying, fights feel pretty standard and lack any impact, story is shallow af. The rushed feel to the ending, complete with body count of characters you barely know and have zero connection to, is bordering on shonen parody for how stock it is. Last chapter is hilariously bad.

I haven't watched the anime, but it def seems like it would be the best way to experience it, because outside of the visuals it's not very good.
I disagree with a lot of your points to be honest, but I gained an added appreciation for the battles when I read some of the colored editions.. there's so much happening on the page usually that it's hard to really grasp it all sometimes, but this helped a lot.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I disagree with a lot of your points to be honest, but I gained an added appreciation for the battles when I read some of the colored editions.. there's so much happening on the page usually that it's hard to really grasp it all sometimes, but this helped a lot.
By "impact" I mean the feelings the fights playing out gave me vs how hard ass the fight is. They look cool, I just don't feel like they mean anything considering how shallow the characters/situations are. Showing me a melodramatic flashback to a character I barely know, as they die no less, is an emotional wet fart to me.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know that I'm ever gonna stop feeling kinda salty over how they handled Kanroji in that last arc. Had a great intro in the swordsmith's village, talked up as this superhuman, and then, push comes to shove, nada.
I was expecting her to think she was dying, but actually live, but nope. Guess they couldn't let half of the couple live.

Oct 26, 2017
Can I just say that I very much appreciate the manga actually ending at it's logical conclusion? It's a bit of a rarity with shounen works. I wasn't a big fan of how the final chapter was handled though, felt a bit too happy.