• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Should've been called Time Plagiarist Ghost Writer, but I guess that title wouldn't sell as well

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Time to read OP and dr.stone.
I already do, man. Been reading One Piece since the Naruto/Bleach/One Piece days and Dr. Stone around the time of TPN's anime, I think? Nothing's gonna fill the Inosuke-shaped void left behind by Kimetsu... at least not for a long time.

Anyway, y'all should read Jujutsu Kaisen if you haven't yet.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I just want one person to read at least one chapter of haikyuu
I wanna start reading Haikyuu!! as soon as I finish watching the anime. Now, when I'll get off my lazy bum and actually continue watching... is another story. It'd be a lot easier if I didn't have to watch on CR via a plug-in and seasons 2 and 3 were readily available on our Netflix. *sighs*

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
So are we gonna talk about that shitty ending or what?
It's been pretty much over done at this point everybody went ham for about a week or two.
I wanna start reading Haikyuu!! as soon as I finish watching the anime. Now, when I'll get off my lazy bum and actually continue watching... is another story. It'd be a lot easier if I didn't have to watch on CR via a plug-in and seasons 2 and 3 were readily available on our Netflix. *sighs*
Yes yes yes do itttttt

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
You steering the convo as well as our bloodlust really added to these pages.
c2994ce8895a514610dcd1dc4dcc7eee.gif

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
You know, I wonder if there's a big difference in how the series was ultimately received between people who jumped over from the anime, and people who started with the manga. Now, I don't know if there's even enough people in that second group nowadays to actually make a claim about that, so there's that.
But at least I can say that, as someone who's been reading the series since chapter one in 2016, I'm pretty sure I'd like it a lot more if I got into it through the anime.

I like the characters, but we don't get enough time with the supporting cast, and the main cast doesn't get enough development. I love the artstyle, but the action is arguably the series' weakest element, and clearly Gotouge's biggest weakness as an artist. But then the anime comes and just improves everything it possibly can in that first season. The characters get some great performances to breath new life into them, the score makes good moments into great ones, and the action is actually really dope. It's something you can get an emotional connection with, and I'm not sure it's possible to retroactively get that connection after already having read it. I wasn't for me, at least.

Obviously, this is extremely subjective, but I'd be curious if there's anyone else here who read the series before the anime and has some thoughts.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I wonder if there's a big difference in how the series was ultimately received between people who jumped over from the anime, and people who started with the manga. Now, I don't know if there's even enough people in that second group nowadays to actually make a claim about that, so there's that.
But at least I can say that, as someone who's been reading the series since chapter one in 2016, I'm pretty sure I'd like it a lot more if I got into it through the anime.

I like the characters, but we don't get enough time with the supporting cast, and the main cast doesn't get enough development. I love the artstyle, but the action is arguably the series' weakest element, and clearly Gotouge's biggest weakness as an artist. But then the anime comes and just improves everything it possibly can in that first season. The characters get some great performances to breath new life into them, the score makes good moments into great ones, and the action is actually really dope. It's something you can get an emotional connection with, and I'm not sure it's possible to retroactively get that connection after already having read it. I wasn't for me, at least.

Obviously, this is extremely subjective, but I'd be curious if there's anyone else here who read the series before the anime and has some thoughts.
I feel like this would be the opposite since if you got in through the anime you would probably be disappointed with how the fights are presented compared to the anime's stellar production.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017

Read it first. Anime only enhanced the experience for me( as should be the primary goal for adaptions thank god we actually got a studio to do that for this). Didn't make me look at the manga any different. Gotogue ain't the best drawer but it has a charm for me. Think the anime is in the perfect spot to just enhance the experience. There's gaidens out there they can add to the story to add to the characters(they did it with kanao already, little added scenes with shinobu and rengoku etc)
I always wanna take the Plunge in on one of these one day

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like this would be the opposite since if you got in through the anime you would probably be disappointed with how the fights are presented compared to the anime's stellar production.

I get what you mean, but I think already having that connection through the anime makes it easier to overlook that stuff. Or maybe it just isn't a problem for them in the first place. Whatever the case, even looking through this thread there's a lot of people who didn't seen bothered by it after jumping over.

Read it first. Anime only enhanced the experience for me( as should be the primary goal for adaptions thank god we actually got a studio to do that for this). Didn't make me look at the manga any different. Gotogue ain't the best drawer but it has a charm for me. Think the anime is in the perfect spot to just enhance the experience. There's gaidens out there they can add to the story to add to the characters(they did it with kanao already, little added scenes with shinobu and rengoku etc)

Interesting, looks like we're similar in that our feelings weren't changed by the anime. You were just more into it than me from jump. To be clear by the way, I really like Gotouge's art, always have. I just don't think they're any good at action (and I'm pretty sure they know it, too).

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
breath of the boruto is a go I guess. It makes zero business sense for them to not try and capitalize on this popularity. Offer croc sensei some sales percentage if they left someone else take the mantle. Strike while it's hot.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I was allll the way on the "sequel series immediately" train, but after the ending... I'm not sure. I feel like if they were in a position to roll out something soon, the ending would've telegraphed it harder.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
We'll get gaidens and novels for the pillars, probably novels that adds story after the ending like them naruto shippuden ones. Otherwise that's probably it