• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The kids must now fight the new gang of street dancers, da demonz with a Z, and beat them else they'll take their favorite McDonald's hanging spot.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
descendent of Inosuke and Aoi
4VAzaVp.gif

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
For manga readers at least I could see that, it's really that weird of an ending
Yeah, it feels like something out of a different series almost
I feel like Yushiro is too sympathetic for that to happen. If any sequel happens, I think the demon cat will (accidentally) be the trigger. Like maybe some of its blood starts a pandemic. Yushiro being the only survivor from Muzan's time, would be the new Ubuyashiki figure and guide a new generation.
That's a fair point

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A lame ending, but cute. This is what Kanroji meant by we'll be married in the next life. Seeing Shinobu happy with her sister got me. ;_;

Mentioned back when the spoilers came out how I hate endings with the cast older, and that this is even worse. After reading it, it's whatever. Just sucks that we're done.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Strange how Inosuke's decedent isn't even friends with the rest of them. Even had his decendent standing off in the background away from the rest on the cover.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Err, hard disagree. Was pretty nice imo.

That honor goes to fucking Zenitsu. Wonder how he guilt-tripped Nezuko into that...

This chapter was really really bad. I didnt expect it to be this bad.

Atleast Zenitsu has been there with the "nagging/charm" on her since the beginning, Inosuke "connection" with Aoi it's shown like 1 chapter before it happens lol

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Strange how Inosuke's decedent isn't even friends with the rest of them. Even had his decendent standing off in the background away from the rest on the cover.

Maybe because is seems to be way older than them? I mean, he works at a Lab already while everyone is still going to school.

It seems that Inosuke and Aoi got quickly to work to have family :p

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are we getting mad at Zenitsu for ending up Nezuko, a mostly nothing-burger plot device character to drive the main character. Don't blame him for the author's utter lack of desire to make her a fufilling character

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to think of a reason Kanao is the only one to get genderbent beyond some odd fanservice.

Last edited:

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Can we all just breathe a sigh of relief that the Nezuko reincarnation is into the brother that looks like Kanao and not the one who looks like Tanjirou

Bullet fucking dodged lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why are we getting mad at Zenitsu for ending up Nezuko, a mostly nothing-burger plot device character to drive the main character. Don't blame him for the author's utter lack of desire to make her a fufilling character

It's more being mad/annoyed at Zenitsu ending up with someone despite being hugely annoying literally the entire time. It's just a real headscratcher that honestly bugs me more than a relationship that happens with no hints or buildup

But like you said, I can't get too upset I suppose, since Nezuko as a character isn't really worth it. It's just one last thing that made me wish she was treated better.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Can we all just breathe a sigh of relief that the Nezuko reincarnation is into the brother that looks like Kanao and not the one who looks like Tanjirou

That's the reason it's a dude and not a girl like Kanao, because then you would have the pairing with Tanjiro lol

Also why do we need that pairing lol

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know these are their reincarnations, but they don't have the same life experiences as their previous lives, so in essence the previous week was the only chapter for our heroes' epilogue. This was just lookalike strangers goofing around. And although they look like them, Tanjiro, Nezuko, Kanao, and Inosuke's reincarnations act nothing like the originals. Zenitsu's does, but ugh... it's Zenitsu. I don't have a problem with the "incest" since it's at least only between 3rd cousins (they share great-great grandparents because Nezuko is their great-grandmother), which isn't uncommon even in Western society.

I'm really disappointed I don't get to see how Tanjiro's life played out outside of like the immediate few months after Muzan's death plus a montage. His happy ending was entirely skipped over. I was really excited to see how all the surviving characters would get on with their lives, especially Giyu and Sanemi with their mountains of survivors' guilt. The cast went through hell and back to earn their happiness and we don't get to see them enjoy it, we fast forward 100 years instead. I wanted to see them healing themselves.

I wish Tanjiro and Sanemi had at least a conversation now that they're on good terms.

We only ever got to see 1 chapter of Nezuko's human personality outside of demon Tanjiro almost killing her.

Although I don't support it, we never got any development on Nezuko/Zenitsu.

We didn't see any progression of Tanjiro/Kanao either, she wasn't with them at the Kamado house last chapter.

The way the Blue Spider Lily was dealt with screams of Gotoge wanting to just give any sort of closure on that dropped plot point no matter how half-assed.

Yushiro gets a pseudo-comedic end despite his being the most tragic fate? Why did Gotoge have Tanjiro to tell him to live if we see that he never moved on from Tamayo and will live for eternity wallowing in creepy obsession? They should have let him choose to die so he could have some peace.

Probably more stuff we missed out on that I'm forgetting.

Bad ending (3/10) to an average final arc (5/10) to a good series (7.5/10).
I want to repost this, it was posted while it was still spoiler time, since it sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cause he's a fucking creep? Idk man, ain't that hard.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
There are descendent(look at name) and reincarnation(those that died)
Yeah, I guess it could be as simple as that. It would be the logical explanation, I suppose... So survivors don't get reincarnated and simply have their descendants meet their friends' reincarnations? Ehh, I'll take it. With Tojuro being the only one who's both a descendant and reincarnation then, seeing as he's likely Kyojuro reincarnated as Senjuro's great-grandson.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Aren't they still cousins tho? Idk I'm confused. Those are Tanjiro/Kanao's grandkids and reincarnation right? Same with Nezuko/Zenitsu.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Trying to think of a reason Aoi is the only one to get genderbent beyond some odd fanservice.
You mean Kanao? Aoi got totally dissed and didn't even get a descendant who looks like her, only Inosuke. The worst part is that their great-grandson doesn't even have a smidge of either one's personalities aside from wanting to live in the mountains, lol. At least the other kids' descendants resembled them.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
You mean Kanao? Aoi got totally dissed and didn't even get a descendant who looks like her, only Inosuke. The worst part is that their great-grandson doesn't even have a smidge of either one's personalities aside from wanting to live in the mountains, lol. At least the other kids' descendants resembled them.
From the way I see it, Aoi probably "tamed" their children to behave and not be like their father. Sort of like what Chi Chi was trying to do with Gohan in DB

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
From the way I see it, Aoi probably "tamed" their children to behave and not be like their father. Sort of like what Chi Chi was trying to do with Gohan in DB
That'd be so sad! That's one of the things that makes Inosuke so fun, after all. I can see that happening though, especially with Inosuke no longer needing to fight as well and finding a new home and family now.

Makes me shudder to think about Zenitsu's male descendants keeping his lecherous personality though...

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't read Kekkaishi, it's not good. Read Spirit Circle or Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer instead.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sup folks! Been a long ass time since I've been in here but was following the releases weekly and occasionally biweekly. Happy that it ended but also sad that it ended with this ch, so I'll head cannon that it ended with 204. Can someone tell me who was who's descendant or reincarnatio? Cause I i figured out the flame pillar, snake, Zenitsu, Insosuke, Tanjiro, the sole demon who lived, the love pillar that's about it. I hope Tanjiro and Kanao ended up together.

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah think this should have just ended last chapter. I get the author just wanted to show the future the OG slayers were fighting for but it feels a bit rushed out.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Sup folks! Been a long ass time since I've been in here but was following the releases weekly and occasionally biweekly. Happy that it ended but also sad that it ended with this ch, so I'll head cannon that it ended with 204. Can someone tell me who was who's descendant or reincarnatio? Cause I i figured out the flame pillar, snake, Zenitsu, Insosuke, Tanjiro, the sole demon who lived, the love pillar that's about it. I hope Tanjiro and Kanao ended up together.
AQk.gif

Welcome back

ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
I read the final chapter.

Honestly the first 90% of the manga was incredible to me. It's probably some of the best shounen I've read in the past 20 years, and I've been reading them a long time (OK, 28 years ish).

The final fight and this ending though.. I thought this would be a series I'd buy the entire collection of but as of now, I'm good. Looking forward to Gotouge's next work though. Hopefully there's a reason behind this rushed end.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
That was a weird chapter, especially to end the whole series on.

Don't read Kekkaishi, it's not good. Read Spirit Circle or Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer instead.

Kekkaishi is definitely good, but Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer is one of my favorite series and everybody should read it.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Yo poor Muzan. All he wanted to grow up to be was to be was a Natural Disaster but nooooppppeee. Fucking DS. if it werent for those meddling kids!!
Muzan is my biggest disappointment in the series. lol I have no sympathy for the guy. Went from this kind of energy

To this
37g1br.png

It is weird we never got a more detailed look at his origins. He got less interesting as the series went on. Like a reverse Aizen

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Muzan is my biggest disappointment in the series. lol I have no sympathy for the guy. Went from this kind of energy

To this
37g1br.png

It is weird we never got a more detailed look at his origins. He got less interesting as the series went on. Like a reverse Aizen

All them natural disaster jokes just feel silly now