• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
I loved NaruHina growing up, but even I have to laugh that it took a movie, a genjitsu, a new origin story for the Hyuga, and aliens for Naruto to realize he liked Hinata back.

Even that's abusive and toxic as shit. :/

Real talk, the only decent romances in Naruto were Azuma x Kurenai, Minato x Kurshena and Shikamaru x Temari. Everything else was either poorly done, toxic, or random.
I am dead lol

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Because most of the time it's conceived as an ez drama boost for the week to week grind.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
E1BD9954889ED339D3E55719BA659DDED1E6A990

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like one where people will say it is a good one up until it isn't and then say it was never good.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
The KamiJiro setup alone makes Naruto look so sad.
Even that's abusive and toxic as shit. :/

Real talk, the only decent romances in Naruto were Azuma x Kurenai, Minato x Kurshena and Shikamaru x Temari. Everything else was either poorly done, toxic, or random.
'Twas a joke, man. All the romance in Naruto is either bad or meh. 😛 The best, in my opinion, was NaruHina in The Last but that's not Kishimoto's work (the romance part) and the context of how long it took to get there makes it kinda silly too.

Oh, wait, you're right. One exception: Minato and Kushina. They're the best. ❤

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of both relieved and disappointed that demon arts didn't evolve with a new era of demons. Good ol power creep in my Shonen, a staple.

"haha foolish human you were fighting regular demons. They had Demon Blood Arts. But we have Demon Blood Arts Genpanojutsu class. Which is like demon blood arts but immune to sword techniques"

"well we have studied the previously unheard of sword techniques that even older masters practiced. Origin Sword Technique Byakkugan Rasengan."

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of both relieved and disappointed that demon arts didn't evolve with a new era of demons. Good ol power creep in my Shonen, a staple.

"haha foolish human you were fighting regular demons. They had Demon Blood Arts. But we have Demon Blood Arts Genpanojutsu class. Which is like demon blood arts but immune to sword techniques"

"well we have studied the previously unheard of sword techniques that even older masters practiced. Origin Sword Technique Byakkugan Rasengan."
Pfft gotogue terrible with power creep how you give the Mc two powerups in one arc and he still not finish the job 😂. None of the characters got even close to passing the past generation like my other shonen. Idk what was going on up in here wanna be messing with shonen traditions

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pfft gotogue terrible with power creep how you give the Mc two powerups in one arc and he still not finish the job 😂. None of the characters got even close to passing the past generation like my other shonen. Idk what was going on up in here wanna be messing with shonen traditions
The only real power creep was the complex poison. And also how many whips Muzan pulled up or split apart. They were there to remind us we still Shonen action.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

This is sort of a weird thing about the setting, actually: the power creep already happened and then fell off. The Upper Moons have powers that were a lot more over the top than Muzan, who mostly got by on sheer brute strength rather than flashy techniques; newer demons seem to be much weaker than the upper moons, on a fundamental level, thus the elimination of the Lower Moons. Same thing happened on the good guys' side. The Demon Hunters predated the Breathing techniques, which peaked and then got weaker.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
This is sort of a weird thing about the setting, actually: the power creep already happened and then fell off. The Upper Moons have powers that were a lot more over the top than Muzan, who mostly got by on sheer brute strength rather than flashy techniques; newer demons seem to be much weaker than the upper moons, on a fundamental level, thus the elimination of the Lower Moons. Same thing happened on the good guys' side. The Demon Hunters predated the Breathing techniques, which peaked and then got weaker.
The current pillars were the strongest in history no? None of them mastered sun breath, but they were top form in the breath they did master.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The current pillars were the strongest in history no? None of them mastered sun breath, but they were top form in the breath they did master.
The strongest since the originals, maybe - after getting training in how to create the mark. I'd argue they didn't really hit that point until after they got their red blades, though.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Like usually how it goes mc surpasses the previous gen and all the gens before. Tanjiro ain't even surpass his own gen? I don't think that's controversial to say right. The pillars were above him no? Or some of them

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Like usually how it goes mc surpasses the previous gen and all the gens before. Tanjiro ain't even surpass his own gen? I don't think that's controversial to say right. The pillars were above him no? Or some of them
i would say he's top tier Pillar material at the end. Zenitsu is medium. Kanao is apparently too, though I'm not convinced. As much as you like to meme on him, yeah Inosuke probably isn't. He's all brute force, but still can't back it up.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
i would say he's top tier Pillar material at the end. Zenitsu is medium. Kanao is apparently too, though I'm not convinced. As much as you like to meme on him, yeah Inosuke probably isn't. He's all brute force, but still can't back it up.
👀pfft he top tierz

memes aside I think inosuke a pillar...he didn't instantly die against upper moon 2 that count right? 😂

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Tanjiro is the 2nd strongest person still alive after Sanemi. I think he probably passed all the Pillars except Himejima, Sanemi, and ....maybe Rengoku.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't even make the joke that the children of these demon slayers make a combination style like fire+water making steam or something. Because they're all dead.

What the fuck does sun and butterfly even make. Breath of the Monarch?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Also smh calling it Breath of the Butterfly when Centipede Dance was probably Shinobu's coolest move