• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Developed by CyberConnect2.
They make the best looking, worst-playing anime games in the industry.

"Look at this amazing JoJo fighting game! It's a 2v2 arena brawler with platforming and unique abilities for all fighters! Also, there's no local play, the online is garbage, and the game itself is a chore to slog through!"
A ps4 exclusive in 2021. Good luck with that
They make a lot of cross-gen games. Expect this to come out on PS4 and PS5 in Japan, and PS5 in the West.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They make the best looking, worst-playing anime games in the industry.

"Look at this amazing JoJo fighting game! It's a 2v2 arena brawler with platforming and unique abilities for all fighters! Also, there's no local play, the online is garbage, and the game itself is a chore to slog through!"

They make a lot of cross-gen games. Expect this to come out on PS4 and PS5 in Japan, and PS5 in the West.
That one was bad, but All Star Battle wasnt bad

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
You could use the Naruto UNS formula on this and any other shonen anime series that I've liked and I would buy it every time as long as there's a story mode and flashy finishers.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just me but I feel like instead of a fighting game this should have just been: "Anime" Nioh

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
That one was bad, but All Star Battle wasnt bad
It was fine. I got the Plat and moved on. Online play was bad and local play was alright, but the roster was enormously imbalanced, which made a lot of my favorite characters useless while the oddest choices (Hol Horse and Old Joseph) were top-tier. It's not even Dragon Ball Budokai levels of imbalance, where it makes sense that Mr. Satan would be obliterated by SSJ4 Goku.

The soundtrack slaps though.

Oct 25, 2017
You could use the Naruto UNS formula on this and any other shonen anime series that I've liked and I would buy it every time as long as there's a story mode and flashy finishers.
This is me lol. Storm ain't nothing special but it's presentation and fanservice for the fandom is off the charts. Anime games bar are mad low so if that's reached I'm hype

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
User Banned (5 days): Platform warring; history of similar infractions
Never underestimate the power of Anime.

The power of anime can't save a dying PS4 in Japan. They should have been smart and made it multi-platform. Don't know which executive is best friends with someone at Sony, but they have to learn someday. Anime games generally don't do well unless it's Dragon Ball or One Piece. I don't understand devs that continue to shit on the original fans by making anime games platform-exclusives. Just make it accessible to the fans regardless of platform. Don't understand Japanese devs' obsession with PS exclusives.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like they're announcing this too early, trying to bank on the hype.
Let's hope it'll have the same popularity next year, then.

Oct 25, 2017
The power of anime can't save a dying PS4 in Japan. They should have been smart and made it multi-platform. Don't know which executive is best friends with someone at Sony, but they have to learn someday. Anime games generally don't do well unless it's Dragon Ball or One Piece. I don't understand devs that continue to shit on the original fans by making anime games platform-exclusives. Just make it accessible to the fans regardless of platform. Don't understand Japanese devs' obsession with PS exclusives.
Y'all really jumping the gun massively in this thread. These anime games sell great for what they are that's number one and number two is they pretty much all usually get more platforms for the West

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it sells well but the anime ends at a moment so many big battles are yet to come its tough to be interested in this entry vs waiting for way later ones considering they're likely to repeat the same arcs and add the new ones with every new entry no?

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP

Stop trying to meme.

Oct 25, 2017
Deep down, you know the answer.

Project Dawn! T_T
Never been done before, unprecedented.
makes this with no playable strawhats and a slightly if barely bigger budget
one-piece-unlimited-world-red-deluxe-edition-cover.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of do hope it's another iteration on their Storm formula, because I feel like it only really came together at the very end.

Road to Boruto was by far the best content in the entire series, it was REALLY good, just a very balanced experienced that actually bothered with telling the story and developing characters instead of just recreating the hype moments. Storm 3 had better cutscene direction for the less relevant moments, as well as a cool attempt at fighting random enemies (similar to Accel, in a way), which would be nice to get more of, but evolved, but overall Boruto was far better than anything else.

But it was very short due to just being a DLC adapting a movie, and we never got more of the Storm formula since.

Still didn't watch this anime, but this news definitely makes me want to get to it sooner.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Never been done before, unprecedented.
makes this with no playable strawhats and a slightly if barely bigger budget
one-piece-unlimited-world-red-deluxe-edition-cover.jpg
Project Dawn was unbelievably disappointing. All those details and then the actual game turned out to be..... that?! wtf :(

I'm just glad that we are getting Pirate Warriors 4 now. I'm done expecting a good One Piece game outside of Pirate Warriors series.

I kind of do hope it's another iteration on their Storm formula, because I feel like it only really came together at the very end.

Road to Boruto was by far the best content in the entire series, it was REALLY good, just a very balanced experienced that actually bothered with telling the story and developing characters instead of just recreating the hype moments. Storm 3 had better cutscene direction for the less relevant moments, as well as a cool attempt at fighting random enemies (similar to Accel, in a way), which would be nice to get more of, but evolved, but overall Boruto was far better than anything else.

But it was very short due to just being a DLC adapting a movie, and we never got more of the Storm formula since.

Still didn't watch this anime, but this news definitely makes me want to get to it sooner.
It's funny how much I played and enjoyed almost all of the other Storm games, but never bothered with the Boruto DLC. As a whole I was pretty done with Naruto after Shippuden ended, so it's good to hear you saying that Road to Boruto was their best iteration of the formula. Hopefully that means that we'll get a similar or higher quality for Demon Slayer.

Also, you really should watch the Demon Slayer anime. It's pretty entertaining.

Last edited:

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Really looking out for this. Cyberconnect2 really do deliver. I wonder how much of FF7R they actually developed.

"I'm salty this isn't on my preferred console"

Got banned tho.

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how much I played and enjoyed almost all of the other Storm games, but never bothered with the Boruto DLC. As a whole I was pretty done with Naruto after Shippuden ended, so it's good to hear you saying that Road to Boruto was their best iteration of the formula. Hopefully that means that we'll get a similar or higher quality for Demon Slayer.

Also, you really should watch the Demon Slayer anime. It's pretty entertaining.
Only reason I even bothered with it was because it came with the bundle for no additional cost, so why not, right? Didn't care about Boruto at all, never watched the movie, but I was blown away by how good it was. Actually well produced cutscenes for purely character development moments, instead of just the bombastic QTEs. At the end of the DLC, I felt like I didn't even need to experience the movie to get the whole experience, I was thoroughly satisfied. Made me watch The Last, actually, which I quite enjoyed.

It's little things like being able to get the troubled relationship between Boruto and his father, how Naruto is an absent father figure due to being so busy as Hokage, and how that impacts the kid. This is the kind of thing you'd never see in the previous games, and the reason why I'd always disagree when people used to say the games were the best way to experience Naruto for the first time. You'd miss on all of the emotional impact and only get the flashy battles. But in Boruto it's actually a decent substitute for the entire experience.

And I definitely will, a lot of people told me it's fantastic, just wasn't a priority, but now it kind of is.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
TI think this is not really an arena fighter

www.gematsu.com

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba games announced for PS4, iOS and Android [Update 2]

The latest issue of Weekly Jump has the reveal of two Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba games—one for PlayStation 4, and another for iOS and Android. Both titles are published by Aniplex.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – Hinokami Keppuutan is a "demon-slaying battle action" game for PlayStation 4 due out in 2021 in Japan. Its developer is unknown. The game follows the story from the manga, and is seemingly a title where players become Tanjiro Kamado and relive the original story

i think this one is action fighting game and maybe some world to explore in the same vein as Dragon Ball Z Kakarot I would say.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
TI think this is not really an arena fighter

www.gematsu.com

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba games announced for PS4, iOS and Android [Update 2]

The latest issue of Weekly Jump has the reveal of two Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba games—one for PlayStation 4, and another for iOS and Android. Both titles are published by Aniplex.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – Hinokami Keppuutan is a "demon-slaying battle action" game for PlayStation 4 due out in 2021 in Japan. Its developer is unknown. The game follows the story from the manga, and is seemingly a title where players become Tanjiro Kamado and relive the original story

i think this one is action fighting game and maybe some world to explore in the same vein as Dragon Ball Z Kakarot I would say.

Nope. Arena fighter. It smells Arena fighter.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just me but I feel like instead of a fighting game this should have just been: "Anime" Nioh
Yeah that would be pretty awesome, it would fit so well too. A character action game fits this more than a fighter/arena fighter.
Either way really like the show so I'm interested and expect they'll capture the visuals very well.

I really tried, but we all know how "good" it was.
Yeah unfortunately.

I actually quite like what I've seen of what they've shown of the FT RPG though. Plus, glad to finally get a turn-based JRPG out of these anime games again too.