• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019

Obviously Covid and the impact of the pandemic means we shouldn't run too far with this, but it is worth noting anyway.

Also another little tidbit about the recent SK classification

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Between this and the ratings news, if this is a launch window title then that moves PS5 into launch purchase status for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

Obviously Covid and the impact of the pandemic means we shouldn't run too far with this, but it is worth noting anyway.

Also another little tidbit about the recent SK classification

With what the tweet is implying, PS5 launch could be 11/20? It's a Friday, would make sense.

Edit: wait nvm the original tweet said it was rated last week and Miles was rated sooner. But a mid-late November launch is practically a given at this point.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
question for the curious, what do people mean when they say launch window? is it within the first 3-4 months or are we talking more than that?

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Given what Imran said, the title of this thread should be "is" (not "was") targeting launch.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot Umbasa hard enough, please pull through Bluepoint/Sony.

tenor.gif

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh damn of it makes launch window then good luck finding ps5 with hardcore souls fans trying to grab one.

I thought its March to June 2021

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
If Elden Ring is on track for "Souls Season"(March/April), Demon's Souls hitting Q4 2020/January 2021 makes a lot of sense.

Oct 25, 2017
All the Sony stuff shown was year 1, so I expect most of the titles with visible gameplay to be really early on in the PS5 launch cycle/window barring COVID delays.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Did people think this game was far off or something?

no I just think most people expected like February-April because it's COVID Time and we can't have nice things

If they've been working on this game since 2017 and much of 2020 was just final polish and stuff, it's highly likely they were able to push through the logistical challenges and get the game ready for early launch window.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I really, really stress the "I'd doubt it if only for COVID reasons" part of that tweet

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
I'll eat crow if every exclusive game in that PS5 event in June isn't in 2020/2021

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I'm simultaneously not surprised (the vast majority of titles showcased by Sony at their event looked closed to launch to my eyes), and ecstatic. This and Spider-Man at launch would make for a perfect combo.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Man that'd be a killer launch title for me but I'm going to temper expectations because I would assume COVID will have delayed it to maybe within 3-6 months.
Which is totally fine because as it stands I'll be buying a ps5 next year when Horizon 2 comes out.

Last edited:

SmittyWerbenManJensen

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
Interesting. That'd be nice.

I want to play this so badly, because I love DeS, but is it really worth buying a PS5 early in its life just to play a remake of a game I've beaten 12 times already? Decisions...

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If it's already rated that certainly implies to me that the product is near final. I could be totally wrong though.

DeS is a killer app for me. I buy PS5 when DeS is out.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I need to see gameplay first (the trailer was not good IMO), but this can make me buy a Ps5 ASAP, so I'm fine with it being close to the console launch.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
just feels from my ass based on the presentation, but it felt like the big first party titles were

Launch Window (holiday to early/mid spring) - Miles Morales and Demon's Souls
Tail end/just after Launch Window (late spring/early summer) - Ratchet
Post launch window (mid-summer/fall) - Horizon and GT7

barring COVID-related delays of course, we really can't firmly lock anything down because of these challenges

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I hate Spider-Man with a passion, and Deathloop is delayed, so that would be a super cool game to get at launch if I can get a PS5 this holiday