• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ReturnOfThaMack88

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2020
How has the driver of that truck not been identified and arrested?

My biggest concern for civil war 2 is that the military and law enforcement are white supremacist institutions.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I don't. I hope they proudly put themselves out there as they have been, and then are hammered the fuck down. And again and again and again. I hope ostracization follows them for the rest of their lives.

They won't be ostracized if it becomes the norm and those in power ultimately support them

Nah. Still got some fight in us, we ain't letting liberty's torch die quite yet.

Germany and Germans within it did not just lay down and let democracy die. I know what you're trying to say and all, but that's a rather shitty thing to say about all of those who did fight and protest to try and save their countries. Do you really think that when fascism toppled democracy throughout our history, no one fought against it? No one tried to vote against it? Protest against it? America is not special in that regard

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Last edited:

Deleted member 83122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 15, 2020
Once again we see a group of people that take the low road, and a group of people take the high road. If a plan for 'peaceful protest' involves using a vehicle as a weapon then that is premeditated. Maybe there is a way to find out how they organized this recreation of the movie Fury Road and they will be prosecuted for reckless endangerment at the least. I am hesitant to compare the messy trail they leave to slugs and snails because I like slugs and snails. Hopefully these horrible people will be salted in the sun soon.

May 26, 2018
They won't be ostracized if it becomes the norm and those in power ultimately support them

Germany and Germans within it did not just lay down and let democracy die. I know what you're trying to say and all, but that's a rather shitty thing to say about all of those who did fight and protest to try and save their countries. Do you really think that when fascism toppled democracy throughout our history, no one fought against it? No one tried to vote against it? Protest against it? America is not special in that regard

Lol going after me? The fuck? I'm not saying the people of the Weimar Republic were weak. I'm not diminishing their suffering or their sacrifice. But ultimately the Weimar Republic did fail and that dude was saying we are already victims of the same fate. I am not ready to just accept that we all we can do is for naught and that a massive genocidal dictatorship is what comes next. The statement is about ourselves.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory commentary, thread derail
Yeah, I live in this country, you can fuck all the way off with this shit. Even if I agree with your goal a lot of people are going to suffer if shit goes sideways.
So, not that much different from how a lot of Americans are suffering right now under the current societal system?

Gotta sacrifice those minorities to get muh communism.
I am not American. It wouldn't be mine. It's for your sake, it's for everyone's sake...

And the minorities of America have more reason than any other to revolt against the system. The BLM movement is already the largest in American history, and it didn't start under Trump's administration. This shit isn't a problem exclusive to Republicans, it's an American institutional problem that needs to die in it's entirety. Nothing is gonna truly change under Biden, he just wants things to "go back to where they were", which is the exact same shit that killed Micheal Brown and Eric Garner.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
8fa.png

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
Oh man, PLEASE let this be a landslide victory for Biden. Everything else could get very ugly with folks like this and most likely police on their side...

Oct 27, 2017
So, not that much different from how a lot of Americans are suffering right now under the current societal system?

I am not American. It wouldn't be mine. It's for your sake, it's for everyone's sake...

And the minorities of America have more reason than any other to revolt against the system. The BLM movement is already the largest in American history, and it didn't start under Trump's administration. This shit isn't a problem exclusive to Republicans, it's an American institutional problem that needs to die in it's entirety. Nothing is gonna truly change under Biden, he just wants things to "go back to where they were", which is the exact same shit that killed Micheal Brown and Eric Garner.
Wishing for mass suffering and death in a country you don't even live in should be bannable. What the hell am I even reading here.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017

I think the poster is just being positive and saying we've got some fight left. You may be overthinking it one way or the other. Not sure why this would be the time and moment to browbeat/scold someone over this anyhow, but people will be people I guess.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Lol going after me? The fuck? I'm not saying the people of the Weimar Republic were weak. I'm not diminishing their suffering or their sacrifice. But ultimately the Weimar Republic did fail and that dude was saying we are already victims of the same fate. I am not ready to just accept that we all we can do is for naught and that a massive genocidal dictatorship is what comes next. The statement is about ourselves.

I'm not going after you or whatever, just pointing out what was a poor comment based on the context of that conversation. Democracies do not necessarily die just because people 'lose their fight.'

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
It really feels these days like America is teetering on a cliff and it's a coin toss whether the country pulls back, or just falls into the abyss.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Folks are going to get killed on election day. The republican party is telling people like this to go 'watch polls' for voter fraud. Violent escalation is inevitable.

May 26, 2018
I'm not going after you or whatever, just pointing out what was a poor comment based on the context of that conversation. Democracies do not necessarily die just because people 'lose their fight.'

Yet accepting we will suffer Weimar's fate is giving up the fight. Not Weimar giving up, us. I'm standing here saying we can still do this. That we still have the chance to avoid all that happened to Nazi Germany and we don't need mass slaughter on that kind of scale to wake us up and make things better. This is our time, right now, to make better happen. That is my statement and is all I will say.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
why was the white car in both lanes? Why did the truck swerve into him? Why do people drive like this lol
The white car was a staffer following the bus. The bus switched lanes and the staffer tried to follow, but the black truck swooped in to take the spot.

The truck didn't "swerve" into them. They deliberately used the truck to push the staffer back into the other lane.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Yet accepting we will suffer Weimar's fate is giving up the fight. Not Weimar giving up, us. I'm standing here saying we can still do this. That we still have the chance to avoid all that happened to Nazi Germany and we don't need mass slaughter on that kind of scale to wake us up and make things better. This is our time, right now, to make better happen. That is my statement and is all I will say.

This is a very good point.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
These kinds of things don't just happen... There's planning and calls to action that take place in order to convince this many people that they need to leave their house, get in their trucks, drive down to I-35, and take part in this kind of shit.
It's not the same, but reminds me of the two opposing protests that were organized across from each other in downtown Houston once. Turned out both were spearheaded by one group of Russian trolls or something like that, hoping to cause a fight.
In this case, I don't know any specifics, but these people are obviously organized and encouraged somewhere to show up and tail this Biden/Harris bus. Scary shit, IMO...

Castform

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Florida, United States

So you don't even have skin in the game. And you still want a large increase in other people's suffering because you, in your infinite wisdom, know best. Spoken like a true commie wishing for the good old days of the gulags and Doctors' plots. But hey, accelerationism totally works, which is why you'd have supported the overthrow of the Shah so that Iranians may one day... eventually... end up in a communist utopia.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Any comments from law enforcement on arrests? Or were all the proud boy officers participating?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
And there are people in my family who believe 'antifa' is the organized terror organization..........

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

I think the poster is just being positive and saying we've got some fight left. You may be overthinking it one way or the other. Not sure why this would be the time and moment to browbeat/scold someone over this anyhow, but people will be people I guess.

Good Lord, I was clearly just pointing out poor wording that made it seem like those people just gave up and the good ol' USA won't let that happen. I even said in that post I know it wasn't meant that way, but it was a shitty way of that saying it. That's all. Did I hit some kind of American exceptionalism chord here or something? I have no idea what to make of these responses

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
So you don't even have skin in the game. And you still want a large increase in other people's suffering because you, in your infinite wisdom, know best. Spoken like a true commie wishing for the good old days of the gulags and Doctors' plots.
Put on Last Week Tonight for 6 hours and listen and fucking tell me how people are NOT suffering RIGHT NOW!
www.youtube.com

Death Penalty: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)

Can the death penalty be executed humanely? Should we even be implementing it at all?Why are we talking about this on a comedy show?John Oliver tackles the t...
Lead poisoning. Crippling student debts. Police civil forfeitures. The President. Nutritional Supplement corporations. Bribed doctors by medical producers. The WWE. College football. Lotteries that does jackshit to help the states they operate in. Election systems that are lies. The Miss America paegants. Televangelists. Massive food waste and hunger crisis. Auto lending. Compounding Pharmacies. Charter Schools. Private Schools. Stadiums draining money from tax payers to private interests. Predatory Lending. The NRA. The obesity epidemic. The opioid epidemic. Bail Bond Companies. Debt Buyers and collectors. Florida. Government Surveillance. Robocalls. The Corona handling. The poor handling of infrastructure. Filibusters. Mitch McConnel. And just everything else. These are just a goddamn fraction of all the shit I listened to this week and it just keeps going.

How the fuck is America doing!?
How the fuck is the WORLD doing!?
These are all symptoms of fucking capitalism and I want this shit to end! All I want is for fucking people to finally get a chance to live well! My country is suffering too under capitalism! Sweden was supposed to be the fucking welfare state, the humanitarian country of the world, we are talking about peace yet selling weapons to mass murdering dictatorships like Saudi Arabia, we closed our borders when refugees fleeing the very fucking wars we sponsor came to us for safety and refuge, we are loosing our healthcare to privatization, every single year we don't really talk about expanding our welfare or improving it, just "preserving" the ones we got, while more concessions and exemptions are given to the rich and the workers here loose more and are burdened with more work!

I am personally not the fucking solution, but this bullshit sure ain't it either!

So yeah, I am a goddamn Communist, but fuck you comparing me to disgusting Stalinists! Read some fucking literature and get this red scare shit out of your system!

Last edited:

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
Trumpsters are using that video that cuts away at the most important part as undeniable proof that the white car was in the wrong and endangering all the MAGAs

lol it's always their excuse. "Okay let's see the previous 10 seconds. Okay, well, before that. SEE! THERE! They didn't signal a turn. LOCK THEM UP!

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
So we're at the "car ramming attack" phase of things, guess they'll actually use the guns next instead of just waving them around. Cops will still not help.

Castform

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Florida, United States
Put on Last Week Tonight for 6 hours and listen and fucking tell me how people are NOT suffering RIGHT NOW!
www.youtube.com

Death Penalty: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)

Can the death penalty be executed humanely? Should we even be implementing it at all?Why are we talking about this on a comedy show?John Oliver tackles the t...
Lead poisoning. Crippling student debts. Police civil forfeitures. The President. Nutritional Supplement corporations. Bribed doctors by medical producers. The WWE. College football. Lotteries that does jackshit to help the states they operate in. Election systems that are lies. The Miss America paegants. Televangelists. Massive food waste and hunger crisis. Auto lending. Compounding Pharmacies. Charter Schools. Private Schools. Stadiums draining money from tax payers to private interests. Predatory Lending. The NRA. The obesity epidemic. The opioid epidemic. Bail Bond Companies. Debt Buyers and collectors. Florida. Government Surveillance. Robocalls. The Corona handling. The poor handling of infrastructure. Filibusters. Mitch McConnel. And just everything else. These are just a goddamn fraction of all the shit I listened to this week and it just keeps going.

How the fuck is America doing!?
How the fuck is the WORLD doing!?
These are all symptoms of fucking capitalism and I want this shit to end! All I want is for fucking people to finally get a chance to live well! My country is suffering too under capitalism! Sweden was supposed to be the fucking welfare state, the humanitarian country of the world, we are talking about peace yet selling weapons to mass murdering dictatorships like Saudi Arabia, we closed our borders when refugees fleeing the very fucking wars we sponsor came to us for safety and refuge, we are loosing our healthcare to privatization, every single year we don't really talk about expanding our welfare or improving it, just "preserving" the ones we got, while more concessions and exemptions are given to the rich and the workers here loose more and are burdened with more work!

I am personally not the fucking solution, but this bullshit sure ain't it either!

So yeah, I am a goddamn Communist, but fuck you comparing me to disgusting Stalinists! Read some fucking literature and get this red scare shit out of your system!

"Many people are suffering now, but an indefinite period of extreme suffering will fix all suffering someday, eventually," the wise man said, bowing his head solemnly. The wise man continues. "You should be lucky that I have deigned that you should live in a theocracy for multiple generations so that someday your grandchildren might live in paradise."

Your arguments are driven by a lack of empathy while you believe you have an abundance of it. And if you really want this to work, why don't you focus on installing a right wing theocracy in your country first. Once that finally gives way to true utopia, somehow, then we'll consider it over here.

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't feel bad if the National Guard or Secret Service opened up on them if they tried this shit when Biden is elected.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I am not wishing for any of that! I am wishing for the end of the very shit that CAUSES the suffering and death in America! Who the fuck in their right mind WANTS mass suffering and death!?

I think there was a miscommunication regarding the intended message. Generally "end of a country" is taken to mean "total collapse of governmental order" and that rarely happens peacefully and is accompanied by chaos and death.

What you probably meant was abandoning certain ideologies and replacing them with new, better ones? However, a lot of people living in the country don't think "ideology equals country" so someone saying a country will be gone is going to hurt them regardless of their opinion of capitalism for example.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
I think there was a miscommunication regarding the intended message. Generally "end of a country" is taken to mean "total collapse of governmental order" and that rarely happens peacefully and is accompanied with chaos and death.

What you probably meant was abandoning certain ideologies and replacing them with new, better ones. However, a lot of people living in the country don't think "ideology equals country" so someone saying a country will be gone is going to hurt them regardless of their opinion of capitalism for example.
That you are right of. It wasn't intended to mean that "America" should die, as in it's people, the land and so on. I will admit I fucked up then in conveying that.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't long ago when one of these Hate Parade assholes opened fire out of their car in Ohio.

They'd been reported to the police previously that day as operating dangerously on the roads, and wow did the cops have a lot of excuses for them to not do anything about it. I think one of them was, no joke, all their helicopters were in service so they were only responding to emergency calls. Could've been true, I grant, but it was exceedingly convenient for all involved (planned?), and it's not like they pull over people with traffic copters, or that they'd be hard to miss, driving 40 MPH on 70 MPH highways and harassing other drivers.