• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Veliladon

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
People are freaking out about this being a realistic tipping point in having trump for 4 more years, which for a lot here can be an actual literal threat to them and family/friends.

Exactly. The numbers in the mid west will be tight. We can't afford to lose a single vote to obstinacy anywhere.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
you guys realise that the DSA could change their position in the future. there is nothing stopping them chainging thir mind and endorsing Warren in the future if she got the nomination. and even then they would still campaign for whoever the Dem Nom is jsut like they did in 2016

EBDiQKHW4AEcIa6

So they won't endorse Biden but will still campaign against Trump. So what was the problem then?

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Man people are treating the DSA as if they're some left wing NRA type organization in terms of membership. Not endorsing someone, isn't going to have much political weight behind it from this org. It only has 60k members (NRA has 5m in comparison despite being in shambles) and I'm sure a lot of those members can think/vote for themselves without organization guidance.

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
That's a fairly misleading thread title and OP.

The DSA is saying that their organisation won't officially endorse anyone but Bernie. Which is not the same thing as saying that their members can only vote Sanders.

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
I for one, can't believe the organization that focuses on dismantling capitalism, fascism, and imperialism doesn't want to endorse candidates that literally go on stage and say "With me as president, nothing will change"

Good thing there's literally (as in literally - you know, the actual meaning of the word) no such candidate.

And if you're referring to that Biden quote, you're obviously (willfully?) ignoring context, which is, again, something that people here like to accuse "the other side" of, while themselves showing a tendency to do so to protect their own narrative.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
People are freaking out about this being a realistic tipping point in having trump for 4 more years, which for a lot here can be an actual literal threat to them and family/friends.

If the Dems lose to Trump again it's because they failed to learn anything from 2016 and put up another shitty candidate, not because they didnt get the DSA's endorsement.

(Which they do not actively seek out anyway, btw.)

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
This thread was created with no context, and no information or sourcing on the resolution discussed. Context on these matters tends to be important. As of right now, the table hasn't been set for a fair discussion.

Feel free to create that thread with a more informative OP, but this thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.