• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
thehill.com

Manchin won’t say whether he supports $2K checks, says untargeted relief ‘not who we are’

Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin (W.V.) dodged a question from CNN’s Jake Tapper on Sunday over whether he would support a second round of stimulus checks for Americans totaling $2,000, but indica…

www.politico.com

Sen. Manchin prefers targeted stimulus checks

The West Virginia Democrat is now the crucial swing vote in the Democratic caucus.

"I am on board by helping people that need help, people that really can't make it, people who don't have a job, they can't put food on their table. I am in total support of helping them," Manchin said.

"Sending checks to people that basically already have a check and aren't going to be able spend that or are not going to spend it, usually are putting it in their savings account right now, that's not who we are. We have done an awful lot of that, it's time now to target where the money goes," he added.

He suggested investment in infrastructure and putting people to work as the solution.

I watched the interview yesterday and even though there was no mischaracterization of what was said or misquotes it was closed due to the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.