• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
TV Ratings: Democrats' Response to Trump Speech Outdraws President in Early Numbers

President Trump's televised Oval Office address on immigration Tuesday drew a big audience. The response from Democratic leaders Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer drew a slightly bigger audience, at least according to preliminary figures.

The quarter hour (9-9:15 p.m. ET) containing the president's speech drew a combined 28.1 household rating in metered markets on ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, CNN, Fox News and NBC. The following 15 minutes, including analysis and the Pelosi-Schumer rebuttal, averaged 29.3 across those same networks, a bump of about 4 percent.

Complete ratings for the speech and response will be available later in the day.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...-speech-tv-ratings-tuesday-jan-8-2019-1174810

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Oh, wow. This must be infuriating to him, since he always makes such a big deal out of ratings and crowd sizes.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lol I didn't watch but you know this is gonna get under his skin

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
I am honestly guessing it had more to do with everyone expecting fact checking, than actually tuning in for the Democrat response (not dramatically more so... but probably at least a little..)

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
And this is why it got out that he "didn't want to do the speech". Because now, he can say that the people who forced him to make the speech did a bad job making him do so, and the low viewers is their fault. And his zealots will eat it up.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not trump supporter but that's a pretty insignificant difference. It's so depressing to see how fucking petty and useless my government is.

edit: after further thought I'll revise my opinion. It's not our government writing this article so it doesn't really apply to the level of pettiness displayed by government officials. but still still depressing that this is the news. but it is the hollywood reporter so whatever. In summation: fuck everything, I just want to wake up one morning to a world where everything is not totally fucked.

Last edited:

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
This probably pisses him more off than not getting the funding for that stupid ass wall lmao

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, wow. This must be infuriating to him.

True. Ratings are the one number he really cares about and seems to understand. Although from what I've read, he didn't even know ratings existed or what they signified until he starred in The Apprentice. But ow he understands they're literally the simplest way to understand who's winning a popularity contest, he places enormous emotional investment in them. This is going to put him in a foul, foul mood. Being beaten in the ratings game is personally affects him.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Trump is a horrible speaker and his obsession with this wall is borderline insane in his singlemindness about it. Who wants to watch that?

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Welp, I'm sure we're going to hear about how Trump's "address" was the biggest, most watched, and highest regarded presidential address of all time, believe me.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Someone should be petty and show this to Trump and laugh about it
tenor.gif

I like the way you think...

Oct 26, 2017
Ahhhhhhhahahahahahaha!!!

I'm sure part of this is because people thought the speech was over and were trying to get back to their regular show, but it's still amazing.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
In the end, networks and advertisers won while working Americans and refugees suffer over a $5 billion lie.

They never should have aired his BS..

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
He's going to announce a national emergency tomorrow at the border in retaliation and shift CA's forest fire money into wall funding.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna make him have a twitter tantrum. Just fucking open the government already, Trump. You lost and you're never getting that fucking wall.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe that Trump puts so much weight in "Ratings"

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Oh man...this is going to eat him alive if the final numbers hold true. There's nothing that he holds closer to his chest than "ratings".

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Good because what they said is important. Although I doubt it changes anyone's mind who hasn't already decided which side of the fence they are sitting on.

"Symbol of America should be the Statue of Liberty, not a Wall." Nice line.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Lol. He's probably throwing objects around the Oval at the moment (if he bothered to go in today).

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
CrazyEnergeticDaddylonglegs-small.gif

"Trump had the largest audience watch his speech ever. PERIOD!"

I'm totally expecting Sarah to employ this tactic again at Trump's request.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
I think everyone should tweet this at him incessantly all day today. It's going to tear him apart.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Well first of all you don't have to look at Trump's ugly mug or listen to all the bullshit. I actually watched Trump's speech but that's cause I was on a plane trying to kill time. My husband turned it off and only turned it on some for the Pelosi's speech (and he's usually able to withstand watching Trump more than me).

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait until he cancels tomorrow's trip to the border. It's going to happen. He didn't want to give this speech, the reaction has been terrible and he'll flip his shit when he sees Chuck & Nancy got the more bigger, huger ratings.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Somebody is getting fired/told they resigned on twitter

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Awaiting SHS's presser explaining in careful detail how Trump's speech actually got more views

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait until he cancels tomorrow's trip to the border. It's going to happen. He didn't want to give this speech, the reaction has been terrible and he'll flip his shit when he sees Chuck & Nancy got the more bigger, huger ratings.
I don't know that it's for sure going to cancel... but you better believe he is fighting it tooth and nail. they may just resort to luring him onto Air Force One with fried chicken on a stick.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe he'll declare a national emergency, re-open the FCC and then get them to implement an Electoral College style ratings system. You know that California and New York viewership cost him these ratings. But if they're not weighted by "popular viewing," but instead "electoral viewing" then he would have totally had the highest ratings.