• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Michael Bennet got literally one vote probably someone thinking it was Michael Bloomberg lmaooo

Oct 27, 2017
The primaries are proportional delegate-wise. Multiple people will get delegates, the top two will get the same number of delegates for the national primary.

We get to do this tracking more than 50 times, each state/territory with its own shits and giggles. Iowa can't have all the fun!

Then the convention. Brokered, you say? Or just the greatest caucus of all?

But truly the biggest story - the needle and the damage done.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
No
Warren looks to be at 21 percent
Bernie at 27 percent
And Pete af 25 percent.
this is a three person race and y'allare treating it like a 2 person race.
All predictions had warren coming in 15-19 percent.
she's not even viable in almost every NH poll coming in. she might verywell walk away from that state with nothing to show. if that happens she's completely fucked

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
The primaries are proportional delegate-wise. Multiple people will get delegates, the top two will get the same number of delegates for the national primary.

We get to do this tracking more than 50 times, each state/territory with its own shits and giggles. Iowa can't have all the fun!

Then the convention. Brokered, you say? Or just the greatest caucus of all?

But truly the biggest story - the needle and the damage done.

Oct 28, 2018
Everyone talking about Bernie and Pete, but what should be noticed is that Warren is closer to second place pete than she is to fourth place Biden.

We're actively watching a neck and neck race with only 3% left to report to determine the winner and you're clamoring for us to pay more attention to the margin between 3rd and 4th place?

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Y'all are downplaying warren when she is definitely the one most aligned with what the party averages out to be, which is gonna be real important when a month from now we still don't have a frontrunner.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
So their strategy was give Pete 5 days of victories and Sanders finally winning it at the end and no one cares.

Well played DNC.

that's definitely how horse race narratives work, no one cares about the actual winner. you understand elections and newstertainment industry really well.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
So their strategy was give Pete 5 days of victories and Sanders finally winning it at the end and no one cares.

Well played DNC.
you gon get shit for saying this bro but i hear you lol

It's a good thing New Hampshire is but just one of 49 states left.
i guess to your credit something crazy could happen that changes everything completely? i assume no one has to tell you that her coming third in iowa and probably 4th in NH is a really, really bad for her prospects as the eventual nominee.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
At best this was a nonevent for Warren.

It was a benefit for Warren. She overperformed her polling numbers and was ahead of people like Biden and Klobuchar by a healthy amount. In terms of how candidates did, it's basically this:

Exceeded Expectations:
Buttigieg
Warren
Klobuchar

Met / Slightly Exceeded Expectations:
Bernie

Yikes:
Biden

LOL:
Yang
Gabbard
Steyer

Last edited:

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Warren is great, but she has horrible minority support just like pete. They won't become the nominee without that support.
It's not horrible minority support, it's horrible minority PREFERENCE. And I think the distinction is important.
Warren has done nothing in her short policy making life to disadvantage minorities.
She's just not known that well among them.
Everyone that learns about her, ends up liking her.
For a long time, before Bernie fuckers on twitter started posting snakes, she had the highest favorability ratings from all these candidates.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
He outperformed his aggregate polling by 3-4 points.
im just noticing this myself. he outperformed by those margins in the 2016 iowa caucuses too, damn. for references he outperformed polling in NH by like 9 points. if that trend holds then oo

That's fair, I just think he was expected to decisively win, and it's very very close. A lot of the polls that had him behind were iffy. My other concern is the difference between first and second votes which indicates Sanders might struggle to attract voters who previously supported other candidates.
i think bernie performed really well based on the polls. it was pete who hugely overperformed and then overperformed some more due to being enough people's 2nd choice.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
He outperformed his aggregate polling by 3-4 points. About the same as Warren I think.

That's fair, I just think he was expected to decisively win, and it's very very close. A lot of the polls that had him behind were iffy. My other concern is the difference between first and second votes which indicates Sanders might struggle to attract voters who previously supported other candidates.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
It's not horrible minority support, it's horrible minority PREFERENCE. And I think the distinction is important.
Warren has done nothing in her short policy making life to disadvantage minorities.
She's just not known that well among them.
Everyone that learns about her, ends up liking her.
For a long time, before Bernie fuckers on twitter started posting snakes, she had the highest favorability ratings from all these candidates.
ok, but you need their support to win the nomination and the other progressive candidate actually has shown that they can get minorities to vote for them.

daschysta

Mar 24, 2019
True, it really hurt her when she put specifics to the popular Medicare for all policy.
You mean when she backed herself into a corner by promising not to raise broad based taxes to pay for it? You mean when she waffled on her plan for ages despite her brand being having a plan for everything? Or when she walked back her support? White papers aren't really the things that make campaigns tick. You first build support around the values and principles, THEN you make laws a reality.

Warren played it badly, in political terms.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Do you work for the Warren campaign?
No but I've donated to: Beto, Kamala, Bernie, and Warren this cycle.
And i was a berne guy in 2016.

I just think Warren is EXACTLY what the party and country need right now.
we don't need a populist to fight another populist. We need a smart pragmatic popular problem solver, and my hopes are with her.
Yea, chances are she won't get It.
but this is what the primary is.People picking their favorite weapons for the fight in November.
if it ends up that Bernie or Pete are that weapon, then o well, I'll pick those up then! But until June Warren is my gal

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
One page I see Pete up a little, another I see Bernie up. Why is this so confusing. It is hard enough to keep up with popular vs delegates.

daschysta

Mar 24, 2019

we don't need a populist to fight another populist. We need a smart pragmatic popular problem solver, and my hopes are with her.
but this is what the primary is.People picking their favorite weapons for the fight in November.
if it ends up that Bernie or Pete are that weapon, then o well, I'll pick those up then! But until June Warren is my gal
Repectable, of course. It just seems her moment has passed. What do you see in the future that can revanp her campaign? Do you really expect her to win New Hampshire or Nevada? Will she have enough momentum to win California? I don't know.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
If what they have updated is correct, Woodbury still has 7%, Bernie might take this.

Cherokee still has 14% to go.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017

This ain't Xenoblade 2, king.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bernie is up 1.49% over Pete now. SPOKE TOO SOON, PETEY BOY.

Edit: Actually, I can't tell if the Daily Kos numbers are based on the popular vote or caucus votes. Fuck me the caucus system is stupid.

Last edited:

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
The wild thing is that a) it's two days later and we still don't know the results, and b) just now as the results are finally being released, I see no one talking about it with the interest of a few days ago when everyone was on the edge of their seats

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
It was a benefit for Warren. She overperformed her polling numbers and was ahead of people like Biden and Klobuchar by a healthy amount. In terms of how candidates did, it's basically this:

Exceeded Expectations:
Buttigieg
Warren
Klobuchar

Met / Slightly Exceeded Expectations:
Bernie

Yikes:
Biden

LOL:
Yang
Gabbard
Steyer
Pretty sure Yang, Gabbard, and Steyer met expectations.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Repectable, of course. It just seems her moment has passed. What do you see in the future that can revanp her campaign? Do you really expect her to win New Hampshire or Nevada? Will she have enough momentum to win California? I don't know.
I see the fact that there are like 1,400 delegates up to win in Super Tuesday, vs like 150 in February

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
EP45TA9X4AERvoh

Status
Not open for further replies.