• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I feel like some of y'all have no idea what you say

nernie picking Yang as veep
Lmfao why the hell would he do that?

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
There is a 100 ways to handle this shit without coddling this bigot.

People infantilizing me and thinking I really expect this woman to do a MK fatality to prove her allyship are wild lol

accusing me of virtue signaling is a great way to end up on my ignore list, no time for people like you.

You directly implied I don't give a shit about bigotry and wasn't bothered by what the woman said when I had openly said how vile and awful she was. You bragging about "ohhhh if I was there I'd have said some shit!" doesn't mean shit.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Has the results been revealed yet?

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I was just going off what they said on MSNBC. They said it was a new rule this year. I then thought maybe that's why we aren't getting all the results because they will exclude those because you can determine where that happened because the tallies are kept for first vote.

The new rule is that if you go to a Viable candidate, you are locked in until the end and can leave early if you want. That helps speed things along.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I feel like some of y'all have no idea what you say

nernie picking Yang as veep
Lmfao why the hell would he do that?

Keep in mind a ton of people still rank politicans in terms of their own personal preference vis a vis likability, instead of their ideological compatibiity.

My personal escape ropes are variations of "is there anything else I can help you with?" and "I'm sorry you feel that way." They help me a lot on professional pinches or where defusal is my top priority.

These are good!

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017

Hmm, qualification is a funny issue when it comes to politics...I am not sure that means she will do a bad job. she has political experience, just not at that level. Still, not saying she would be my pick for that position, I agree it is too soon. Personally, I would like to see Rashida, would send out a great message to have a female Muslim VP, even if that message would put many people's backs up. Racism needs to be excorcised from the US, and it ain't going to go away quietly unfortunately. Would also be happy with Ellison or Lee, or even Warren for that matter, but don't think that would work.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
There is a 100 ways to handle this shit without coddling this bigot.

People infantilizing me and thinking I really expect this woman to do a MK fatality to prover her allyship are wild lol

accusing me of virtue signaling is a great way to end up on my ignore list, no time for people like you.
My personal escape ropes are variations of "is there anything else I can help you with?" and "I'm sorry you feel that way." They help me a lot on professional pinches or where defusal is my top priority.
"I'm sorry you feel that way" is a good one.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Look nobody is disagreeing the woman was a piece of shit or that we should just accept what she said, that being said your point of "if you're working for a gay man to get him elected... etc" is broken, because again she IS working for a gay man, and he wants her to do it a certain way.
There's a middle way, though. In reality, she should have been as kind as she was while also sharing her candidate's view on love and acceptance for everyone (insert obvious "except black people" joke here). Her candidate's own perspective wouldn't be one of "total respect."

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
internet progressives aren't the only ones voting for Bernie. Did you watch any coverage last night? Bernie has huge support from the black and brown communities in Iowa.
Not disputing he has support in those communities I'm just saying he needs to have enough to offset the white Trump vote has to really run up the numbers. The American electoral system is stacked against left/left leaning candidates. How else does a candidate like Trump win? And now that Trumps favorability ratings are improving of course I'm worried. Republicans don't have to worry about coalitions because they're base is essentially homogenous, not the same for Democrats.

JustinBailey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why on earth would you release 62% of data. No one actually cares about 62%. We want 100%. So why announce anything? lol. What a farce.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
There's a middle way, though. In reality, she should have been as kind as she was while also sharing her candidate's view on love and acceptance for everyone (insert obvious "except black people" joke here). Her candidate's own perspective wouldn't be one of "total respect."

I can agree with just moving on and saying "i'm sorry the vote is submitted" or something along those lines or i'm sorry I disagree so on and so forth. The girl handled it well, not perfect. The idea that she should snap back and shoot this woman down and correct her/put her on blast accomplishes nothing and is much easier said than done. These are 2 separate arguments.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
At this point they should just release it when they have all the data. 62% with no info on when we are gonna get the remaining 38% (afaik) is ridiculous

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
What is the benefit of releasing 62%? :\

It seems like they're reacting to the pressure of needing something to show. This doesn't seem like the best course of action at all. Not for the clarity of the data, not for the benefit of the candidates, and certainly not to people who are anxious for answers. I don't know who will be placated by this. It just seems bound to introduce more confusion to an already complicated situation.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Addressing questions about the feck up before releasing the provisional results. Release the results then address how the situation was botched.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
They probably are just releasing whatever they had time to finish today and they don't want to have nothing to show again... but this is just going to cause more confusion, not less

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
He didn't even mention when or where the remaining third of precinct voting data will be coming in. Unreal.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Well we typically gradually get results as the night goes on, it's just taken much longer for us to get the first results...

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I think the hard thing for the campaign worker who had to confront an ignorant old bat about Buttigieg being gay, while that old bat had already handed in her signed card and wanted to rescind it, was also that these campaign workers are trained to do everything it takes to keep someone in your camp, that 1 person standing in your group and not the other's is the difference between winning and losing. At least, that's the training. And so when there's an impasse that "Midwestern nice" Takes over and they just say "Well, I respect your opinion goodbye."

There was a good example on The Daily podcast this morning where a Yang campaign worker was trying to get a Biden supporter to jump to Yang, and immediately got frustrated and ended up going in hard on ... hunter biden taking a $50,000/year job and that Joe Biden caused the country to get ripped apart by impeachment.... And the Biden supporter was nice, and polite and was like "Are you... are you sure you fact checked that...?" And the Yang supporter was like, "Yes, I fact checked it." In the end, of course, Yang picked up none of Biden's supporters in that precinct. You'd want the Biden supporter to rip this person whose talking about unfounded conspiracy theories about Hunter Biden ... causing impeachment... (https://pca.st/7n5s1lzi This exchange starts around... 13:30 or so)

You want someone to deliver the knockout blow to bigotry and unfounded conspiracy theories, but some people aren't good at that on the spot... They might have a stairwell moment later where they say "DAMN! I wish I said [this]," but a lot of people can't come up with that in the moment so they mumble something together about Buttigieg being a human being or "did you fact check that...?" It's a tough look when you're caught off guard like that and it's captured on the internet for all time, when everybody has the time to perfect their perfect comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.