• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
What a shitshow. Man, it sure feels like Trump getting a second term is all but guaranteed at this point. The democrats out here looking like a joke. Beyond ridiculous. It's really starting to feel hopeless.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
The blowback for Pete declaring himself the winner can't be worth whatever perceived advantage he thought it would bring. I live in Indiana, which should be friendlier to him in theory, and 2 of the top five trending hashtags on twitter (all of which are about Iowa) are #MayorCheat and #MayoCheat.
There will be no blowback, twitter is an echochamber of nothingness, hashtags trending means less than nothing, and those people were not voting for him in the primary regardless (they are likely Bernie supporters)

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I hoped to wake up this morning and see who won Iowa, but it actually looks like things have gotten worse since I went to sleep?

What a clusterfuck. Trump is going to capitalize on this hard, and really who could blame him.

After the shit the DNC pulled in 2016 against Bernie you really have to wonder if any of this is because he seemed to be leading? Like if Biden was clearly the frontrunner I wonder if any of this shitshow would have happened? What a mess.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
While accurate that last night was a clusterfuck, it doesn't really change anything. The country is still wanting to get rid of Trump. And that's all that matters frankly.

You think Republicans from 2000 care how Florida botched things (I know it was the GE and that's different from what happened in Iowa)? But ultimately they won.
The Republicans are favored to win the White House. It doesnt have to necessarily have to go completely perfect for the dems to overcome but you have to avoid major screw ups. Last night may have been one.

Ultimately the DNC leadership last time was seen as grossly incompetent and potentially corrupt. This just gives an out to completely carry on that narrative and for everyone to yell out nothing has changed.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
User warned: Ignoring staff post
Is the fuck up the first and trying to hide the fact that Bernie was leading?

CBSN is covering the Iowa Caucus but they didn't show any results

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I hoped to wake up this morning and see who won Iowa, but it actually looks like things have gotten worse since I went to sleep?

What a clusterfuck. Trump is going to capitalize on this hard, and really who could blame him.

After the shit the DNC pulled in 2016 against Bernie you really have to wonder if any of this is because he seemed to be leading? Like if Biden was clearly the frontrunner I wonder if any of this shitshow would have happened? What a mess.

I'm not ready to get all tinfoil hat with it, I think it's just incompetence. It's pretty on brand for the Democrats to take something that's easy and straightforward like counting up 100 people in a high school gym and then overcomplicating it for no reason to make a complete mess of everything.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
What a shitshow. Man, it sure feels like Trump getting a second term is all but guaranteed at this point. The democrats out here looking like a joke. Beyond ridiculous. It's really starting to feel hopeless.
There is way too much hyperbole all over the place with politics on here. This is a marathon primary followed by a marathon general, and at the end of the day what happened in Iowa is going to mean little to nothing in the primary and nothing in the general. Like the VAST majority of political stories, this will blow over in a media cycle or two

Mar 27, 2019
This whole ordeal reminds me of the series finale of Silicon Valley where the insider tech bros realize Bernie is going to win and rather than let the results proceed they intentionally crash the app to avoid a perceived worse result. Lol what is even going on?

rabathehutch

Nov 1, 2017
Can we stop with the conspiracy theories?

Yes the app was shit but this really doesn't change anything. The results are only delayed around 12 hours (for now) and nothing has been lost.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
There is way too much hyperbole all over the place with politics on here. This is a marathon primary followed by a marathon general, and at the end of the day what happened in Iowa is going to mean little to nothing in the primary and nothing in the general. Like the VAST majority of political stories, this will blow over in a media cycle or two

Exactly that is where I am at. The twitter world and those obsessed with the day to day politics are blowing this way out of proportion. Cause they kind of have to. But months from now none of this will mean anything.

Can we stop with the conspiracy theories?

Yes the app was shit but this really doesn't change anything. The results are only delayed around 12 hours (for now) and nothing has been lost.

It would help if some of the Bernie folk would stop parroting the conspiracy theory nonsense that the Trump kids and the right-wing are peddling. All I see from the Bernie team on a day to day basis are conspiracy theories about media bias and now the DNC rigging everything against him again. Obviously it is not all Bernie supporters or Bernie himself, but it is out there enough and amplified by both the far left and the right-wing nuts and ppl take it as gospel.

Oct 27, 2017
It might of CNN lets it fade. They're already harping it up and giving trump his free airtime.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa will be absolutely forgotten come the General. Like it won't even register in our memories after Trump does some other crazy thing. Imo as someone who wasn't following these caucus results as rabidly like I've done in the past, this result only helps two people Biden and Bloomberg. It just shows Iowa doesn't really matter because the results are going to come in super late and then they've lost the news cycle peak with the SOTU and upcoming debate. Bernie will win NH, Biden likely wins South Carolina then it's game on from there.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why every election in this fucking dumb ass country has to be the same choice between outright evil or utter incompetence.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Historical fun fact

Feeling like it doesn't matter how much tech we throw at it, Caucuses simply become unwieldy as engagement grows.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Ignoring the staff post in regards to hostility
It would help if some of the Bernie folk would stop parroting the conspiracy theory nonsense that the Trump kids and the right-wing are peddling. All I see from the Bernie team on a day to day basis are conspiracy theories about media bias and now the DNC rigging everything against him again. Obviously it is not all Bernie supporters or Bernie himself, but it is out there enough and amplified by both the far left and the right-wing nuts and ppl take it as gospel.

Fervent bernie supporters continue to be the worst. We even had one in this thread earlier threatening to sit out the general if he didn't get the nomination. Like, damn. How dumb can you be?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not ready to get all tinfoil hat with it, I think it's just incompetence. It's pretty on brand for the Democrats to take something that's easy and straightforward like counting up 100 people in a high school gym and then overcomplicating it for no reason to make a complete mess of everything.
Or was it buying some bad piece of technology that wasn't needed as a favor?

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Yeah my last post was a bit of an overreaction, my bad. Was such a disheartening feeling to wake up and see this embarrassment all over the news and seeing president fuckface and his supporters gloating once again. I'm just fed up with this nonsense

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
The blowback for Pete declaring himself the winner can't be worth whatever perceived advantage he thought it would bring. I live in Indiana, which should be friendlier to him in theory, and 2 of the top five trending hashtags on twitter (all of which are about Iowa) are #MayorCheat and #MayoCheat.
Like others have said, I don't think using Twitter hashtags to measure blowback is wise... but also those hashtags aren't really about him declaring himself winner but rather conspiracy theories around the app that were going to happen the moment the app became the story

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Are people still trapped in local school gyms flipping coins?
they are trapped under these

0e55f6749408f7d614c4659aef36a23a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.