• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guess a mod didn't read the staff post.

This is some shit

What's up with Pete's campaign putting money into that app?

Official Staff Communication
Alright was hoping this could wait until tomorrow, but: initially, we didn't believe that conspiratorial thinking needed its own standard, but it's become clear over the last couple of days (and increasingly just tonight) that that assumption as incorrect. We are adding to the staff post: any pushing of conspiracy theories related to this election or 2016 will not be tolerated.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
what's the next step from "pete's campaign put money into the app" in the conspiracy? what was the actual mechanism for them to cheat with it? was it to report inaccurate numbers in pete's favor, as if they don't keep a paper tally that can compare the numbers to? was it for the app to fuck up during reporting, even though that would just invite more scrutiny and necessitate actually counting the paper tallies?

just... like... walk me through the logic.

Mar 9, 2018
You know what's sad. Even though I don't like him, I am deeply disturbed by Biden's result. I already thought he was a weak candidate, but I'm just surprised at the extent. It's just scary to think that he could still plausibly become the nominee.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
what's the next step from "pete's campaign put money into the app" in the conspiracy? what was the actual mechanism for them to cheat with it? was it to report inaccurate numbers in pete's favor, as if they don't keep a paper tally that can compare the numbers to? was it for the app to fuck up during reporting, even though that would just invite more scrutiny and necessitate actually counting the paper tallies?

just... like... walk me through the logic.
I'm sure there's a tweet somewhere with the answer, like monkeys with typewriters

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How did the caucusing go, Toxi
Good-ish. We ended up with the most people after the second alignment, but we still tied Pete in delegates and most of the Biden supporters went Pete and Warren. Most of the Sanders supporters left after the first alignment, but you can't really blame them when it's a Monday night. Especially when we kept getting delays because people had to get new registration forms.

It was a fun experience, but the problems with the system are pretty obvious.

Last edited:

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Pete's campaign paid money to the company behind the app. That's not a conspiracy, the documents are out there.

Contracts for stuff like this should be vetted so that stuff like that doesn't happen.
yeah, that's not what you said or implied.

"What's up with Pete's campaign putting money into that app?"

1) he didn't put money into the app; his campaign contracted with the company to provide something entirely different.
2) the implication is there's some sort of nefarious (but conveniently unstated) coordination or plotting going on

do not be disingenuous about what you were saying with your post. it's "just asking questions" dogshit.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just not clear where you're going with this. This thread is for everyone, supporters of all candidates, and it will stay civil by not boosting conspiracy theories. If that's not what you were doing there then, as Tfritz said walk us through the logic. Before your edit you just dropped that post in here without any context but "Pete!"

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
I don't even know what to think right now.

But I think they should do it again.

And this time write it on a piece of paper, get it triple checked and not on an app.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
You know what's sad. Even though I don't like him, I am deeply disturbed by Biden's result. I already thought he was a weak candidate, but I'm just surprised at the extent. It's just scary to think that he could still plausibly become the nominee.
I think he takes a big hit if the final results look like that. Electability is his big thing, and you can't really push that after coming in 4th/5th in the first primary.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
We've got nine more months of this to go!

I don't understand how we're not all at least on board with "vote Trump out"? Like we should be able to agree that that is something worth pursuing by itself?

The "My guy or bust" folks don't really start to show up until these times. We have been seeing them multiply in these discussions the last month or so.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
This is just nuts, the DNC should just be burnt to the ground and start anew, it's rotten to its core.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I'm just not clear where you're going with this. This thread is for everyone, supporters of all candidates, and it will stay civil by not boosting conspiracy theories. If that's not what you were doing there than, as Tfritz said walk us through the logic. Before your edit you just dropped that post in here without any context but "Pete!"
Campaigns should not be financially involved with companies working on the mechanisms that will tally up votes. This is something even our dumbass Brazilian democracy has figured out ages ago.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo could announce at E3 that they're getting out of hardware and going exclusive to PC on the Epic Games Store, and that thread would probably be less insane than this one.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Don Lemon just pushed the whole Bernie was behind this app thing...and no one corrected him.

edit- said it as if it were a question. "I'm hearing reports bla bla... is this true?" No answer...and moved on. There's like 6 people at the table who was there the past few hours who could have corrected him... but nope.

Deleted member 16365

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Campaigns should not be financially involved with companies working with the mechanisms that will tally up votes. This is something even our dumbass Brazilian democracy has figured out ages ago.

He wasn't. His campaign paid for a completely different app to be developed by the same company. You can dig and spin all you want but you amplified an unfounded conspiracy theory from an unreliable source.

But lets not let truth and facts get in the way of good ol fashioned outrage.

Oct 25, 2017
Good-ish. We ended up with the most people after the second alignment, but we still tied Pete in delegates and most of the Biden supporters went Pete and Warren. Most of the Sanders supporters left after the first alignment, but you can't really blame them when it's a Monday night. Especially when we kept getting delays because people had to get new registration forms.

It was a fun experience, but the problems with the system are pretty obvious.
Love the level of personal involvement, broken and frustrating as the process might be
Wait, did Bernie's campaign declare victory?
No

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
77c47ab051ca591d16124bb127930011.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Well, your original post was this:

This is some shit

What's up with Pete's campaign putting money into that app?

So you seemingly asked a question to which the user attempted to answer with this:

His campaign giving money to the company, which has multiple Democrats involved with it, while perhaps unusual looking, does not in and of itself indicate that somehow the results or lack of results were a conspiracy

And it's very fair I'm not getting your "Ok?" response, unless that user's answer wasn't in response to your question asking why Pete's campaign put money into the app, but the accusation that you were ignoring the staff post and spreading rumors as this user stated:

how is it appropriate for a moderator to amplify unproven conspiracy theories?

Which if that's the case, can you expand more on the "Ok?" response because it just seems unnecessarily dismissive of the user who attempted to answer your question.

Edit: I see you posted again after I wrote my response. Nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.