• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My guess? Bernie likely won the vote. Pete talks about delegate allocation, doesn't mention his vite total anywhere except in rural precincts. Pete maybe got the most delgates. Bernie was winning at 40 percent reporting and release the most detailed crosstabs. We'll see later.
...Nobody gives a shit about the vote total. The delegates are what matter.

Oct 25, 2017
Really bragging on Iowa's undemocratic, exclusionary clusterfuck of a primary system right now?
I've been watching you rag on the caucuses all night, and I don't think anything I say will change your mind.

Didn't need caucuses to do that...
Yeah, but you do need something to do it. Iowa has a few points in it's favor: it's cheap to run in, it's a competitive state, and it's reasonably representative.

Sorry, my bad... typo. "...aren't that important..."

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
I vote in every election I can and I was saying the same thing you are sayingh back in 2016 but im fucking tired of the DNC and its shitlibness. If they want to promote some dog shit liberal like Warren, Biden Or Piss Butt be my guest but I'm done voting for them.
This shit always confuses me. Warren and the rest of them (yes even Biden and Butti) are so much closer to Bernie than Trump...but, like last election, rather than rally around another viable candidate should Bernie lose, someone that gets them closer to what they want, they choose to throw a fit and give away elections to the complete anti-thesis to Bernie. Completely and utterly baffling.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching you rag on the caucuses all night, and I don't think anything I say will change your mind.

Yeah, but you do need something to do it. Iowa has a few points in it's favor: it's cheap to run in, it's a competitive state, and it's reasonably representative.

Sorry, my bad... typo. "...aren't that important..."
You're correct, unless reality shifts and there's suddenly an explanation that makes caucuses a modern, inclusive democratic practice. It's worthy of scorn.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not staying up for this, but for those who care, maybe they'll say something interesting?

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
I vote in every election I can and I was saying the same thing you are sayingh back in 2016 but im fucking tired of the DNC and its shitlibness. If they want to promote some dog shit liberal like Warren, Biden Or Piss Butt be my guest but I'm done voting for them.

Bernie's got my vote, but come on dude. I can't see my relatives who live in the Middle East because of Trump. The Planet is dying. Kids are being kept in cages. Rapists have doubled in number on the Supreme Court.

There are some trash centrist candidates here, but at least they wouldn't operate concentration camps. Isn't that worth your vote?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iowa has a few points in it's favor: it's cheap to run in, it's a competitive state, and it's reasonably representative.
It's an overwhelmingly white, rural state that is not at all representative of the country as a whole.

It's time to move on to a a more representative state with a more democratic process. Iowa was already on thin ice, this fuck-up was just the nail in the coffin.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't have to be a caucus...could have a primary...or if you like the 2nd choice decisions of caucuses, then do a ranked choice primary....Caucuses are outdated and suppress the voice of people who because of life/jobs can't go to them, etc...

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pete did donate money to the app owners. The problem is when people take that information and run to the conclusion that he orchestrated the current mess.
The app situation means nothing in the long run because the results are paper.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017

Troy Price: We expect to have numbers to report later today. We want to emphasize this is a reporting issue. It's not a hack or an intrusion. It's why we have a paper trail. We are validating every piece of data against our paper trail.

And then the call just ENDS. That was a wild a press call.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Pete's campaign paid money to the company behind the app. That's not a conspiracy, the documents are out there.

Contracts for stuff like this should be vetted so that stuff like that doesn't happen.
His campaign giving money to the company, which has multiple Democrats involved with it, while perhaps unusual looking, does not in and of itself indicate that somehow the results or lack of results were a conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.