• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
The app is somewhat irrelevant, there are paper ballots.

What's more pertinent is whether the second and subsequent alignments were performed correctly.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Fuck and we can't even use a coin flip for that.
Nope

I just don't see the moderate (Pete/Biden/Klob)or progressive (Bernie/Warren) wings respectively consolidating themselves before then.
plus we still have Bloomberg and his wild card status.
Everyone is just close enough to not drop out.
Yangs fucking done dudes a clown
Steyer is a nice guy.
tulsi isn't gonna get a great Fox News gig.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe folks are getting caught up on the app shit. There are paper trails for this, Pete was anecdotally doing well based on the Twitter shit people were so hung up on so I don't know why folks are shocked hes either 1st or 2nd.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
if its anyone but bernie trump will win again
I really don't believe this to be true, unless Bernie folk really will not support whoever ends up being the candidate (if he doesn't win)..
Really though...the party needs just get their shiz together and ultimately get the f out, vote and support WHOEVER the candidate is and calm it with all the damn purity tests...
I know too many Bernie folk from last election who stayed home (in battleground states) because they thought Trump and Clinton were equally bad and were pissed their guy didn't win the nomination.
It doesn't matter who the D candidate is. If people don't rally behind them. Trump wins. And we all lose.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So I think this is relevant

<conspiracy garbage>
"Then with 111 votes for Bernie and 47 for Buttigieg, they both receive 2 delegates at a caucus."

The 111 vs 47 result was from the first alignment. The delegates are chosen based on the numbers after the second alignment.

Before posting conspiracy theories about the Iowa Caucus, it would help to understand how the Iowa Caucus actually works.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
shadow obtained chaos (emeralds)
ConventionalSpryBillygoat-size_restricted.gif

MrGerbils

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): Ignoring staff post, account in junior phase
Pretty sure I got banned once for saying the DNC was a bigger threat to US Democracy than any Russian interference and well....

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't believe this to be true, unless Bernie folk really will not support whoever ends up being the candidate (if he doesn't win)..
Really though...the party needs just get their shiz together and ultimately get the f out, vote and support WHOEVER the candidate is and calm it with all the damn purity tests...
I know too many Bernie folk from last election who stayed home (in battleground states) because they thought Trump and Clinton were equally bad and were pissed their guy didn't win the nomination.
It doesn't matter who the D candidate is. If people don't rally behind them. Trump wins. And we all lose.
If Biden dementia ass is the nominee im not voting.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Where did this narrative that Pete cancelled the DMR poll come from? Their campaign reported an issue that was not unique to Pete, and the pollster, upon review, rightfully yanked the polls because the results were likely tainted by the accident.
I got banned once for saying the DNC was a bigger threat to US Democracy than any Russian interference and well....
You'd still be wrong

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean if it's a banker v a fascist I won't stay home but I know tons of people who will

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
So I think this is relevant

Points 1 and 2 are inaccurate - Pete did not stop a poll from being published (the argument that they stopped the poll from being published because it showed Bernie winning is asinine because the same pollster released a poll with Bernie winning a week earlier), and the "Bernie and Pete both got 2 delegates even though Bernie got twice the votes" thing only takes into account the first round of voting before realignment. The delegate allocation follows the official caucus formula, which is actually very dumb, but not actually a conspiracy to boost Pete.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Nobody will trust the results anymore.

Biden's campaign straight up saying they want to see them before release lol

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
If Biden dementia ass is the nominee im not voting.
My point. ugh.

It's not about just Biden. It's about the future of the Supreme Court...judges...so many things. RBG is not going to live forever...
If you vote R or choose not to vote...the Supreme Court is fucked for the remainder of our lives. Period.
If people can't ultimately realize that letting Trump pick one more (at least) Supreme Court justices and whatever ever else disastrous mess he has planned for a second term...I just don't know what to say...

Biden is a mess. But he sure as hell will not replace RBG with some Kavanaugh fuckface. And his moderate policies are wayyyyyyyyy more to the left than ANYTHING a second Trump term would give you.

Last edited:

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
The results are tainted. Bernie probably won but will be robbed of momentum. Biden gets to skate by even though he lost big time. Biden didn't really lose here.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
If Biden fell very hard in the placing by the time if they manage to compile everything, its probably because of the Hunter/Burisma situation that is fresh on peo people minds due to the impeachment sham trial

Status
Not open for further replies.