• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That has literally nothing to do with y'all having a fit over him calling his own victory so go take a walk.

I take it as mostly taking advantage of a situation where information is scarce and relatively not available. To the layman who may not know the details of what's going on, seeing him come out first outright lying about winning will undoubtedly affect uninformed voters.

From what I gather of this cluster fuck, Pete is the only one claiming unequivocal victory. I could be wrong about that.

But also, there's the fact that Pete's campaign has ties to the devs who made the app that is at the centre of all of this nonsense.

Oct 27, 2017
In what time are the actual results going to go live?

Depends what you mean by "actual." Sanders is going to release his internal results, but they are not official. The official results may never be released, as it sounds like many precincts did not understand the rules for final movement of delegates, so the numbers are off.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney

I agree I hope it's the end. They shouldn't have caved to him and his fans' demands, and it's thankfully been exposed as a farce in the aftermath of that

Wow I didn't know Bernie sanders forced the dnc to create and widely use an untested and unstable application developed by a company literally called shadow Inc. And also make sure that the phone lines to hq didn't work necessitating precinct leaders to literally text images of their results to someone who's driving to HQ to hand them in.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
image0.jpg

This is why listening to XKCD is vital.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the Trump will be lapping this up posts. This will be in the news for like three days then, assuming it doesn't happen again in NV, not a single person will care. Stop catastrophizing. Trump isn't going to win because the backwards ass caucus did something more backwards

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
oh my god, posting the pins like that. What idiots. Tonight has been an embarrassing disaster for everyone involved.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think releasing internal, incomplete numbers is a good idea at all. Yeah, Pete's taking advantage of a situation, but he's going to get shit on for it most likely. Don't share that with him.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, this is the new more accurate triple-double-checking version with layers of numbers designed to provide earlier reporting easier. The process before was very much just-get-your-final-numbers-into-HQ-whatever-you-think-they-are.

I'm not educated enough on how successful or controversial previous caucuses were to know how much of this is true or sarcastic

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
The official results may never be released, as it sounds like many precincts did not understand the rules for final movement of delegates, so the numbers are off.
And you can bet this has happened before but we're just now finding out how much of a mess caucuses are since it's the first time all the numbers are being reported and not just the final counts.

Nov 5, 2017
Man, I feel so ashamed and embarrassed to be a US citizen right now. This country looks like it is going down the drain!
  • Iowa Caucus debacle
  • Uncontrolled wild fires in CA
  • A clown in the presidency
  • Impeachment trial which doesn't mean anything
  • Supreme Court has no power
  • Laughing stock as viewed by other countries in the world
  • Widening gap between the 1% and 99%
  • Education gap, etc
When will this bad run end? Not fun, not fun at all!

cDNA

Oct 25, 2017
A few things that are disturbing to me:

1) Turnout numbers are flat with 2016. White America doesn't seem to be particularly invested in dislodging Trump.

2) Bernie got 49% of Iowa in 2016. Obviously there are more candidates now, but I had assumed Bernie's support was pretty ride or die, and it's clearly not.
So the Joe Rogan listeners did not help to turnout the caucus neither all these new supporters that Yang was bringing to the party.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit.

What.

This is insanity.

THIS is how we've been doing caucuses this whole time?
Yes.
Man, I feel so ashamed and embarrassed to be a US citizen right now. This country looks like it is going down the drain!
  • Iowa Caucus debacle
  • Uncontrolled wild fires in CA
  • A clown in the presidency
  • Impeachment trial which doesn't mean anything
  • Supreme Court has no power
  • Laughing stock as viewed by other countries in the world
When will this bad run end? Not fun, not fun at all!
Oh if only.

Status
Not open for further replies.