• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Banned (1 week) Ignoring staff post with regards to conspiracy theories and arguing in bad faith over a series of posts
So two things happened tonight.

1. Biden's campaign is dead in the water, which probably makes Bernie the frontrunner by default as the strong second place before today.

2. The DNC through incompetence or conspiracy is driving a division in the party that's going to help Trump win.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
That coin flip to determine delegates, plus obvious foreign interference, plus Mitch not spending money on election protection, plus voter suppression has me so worried for any type of election in the future here. We need some real reform.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
In all seriousness if this leads to iowa's results not being taken seriously that might be a good thing because this whole fucking debacle has proven that using Iowa as the big deciding barometer in the primary is fucking nonsense

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
Are these results still going to matter after this? I feel like this has really softened the blow and killed the momentum of whatever the results are going to be
They never really mattered all that much before - or shouldn't have mattered all that much - and they won't matter when final for that long. On to the next one.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

1. Biden's campaign is dead in the water, which probably makes Bernie the frontrunner by default as the strong second place before today.

2. The DNC through incompetence or conspiracy is driving a division in the party that's going to help Trump win.
Neither of those things happened tonight

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

1. Biden's campaign is dead in the water, which probably makes Bernie the frontrunner as the strong second place.

Well shit, better just stay home in November.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That coin flip to determine delegates, plus obvious foreign interference, plus Mitch not spending money on election protection, plus voter suppression has me so worried for any type of election in the future here. We need some real reform.
I mean, outside the primary, Iowa's pretty much an R win anyway, so...

It really shouldn't be first in primary season.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Dude, just leave your hands out of your pockets.

Too much work to take em out to clap and then put them back in every time Bernie drops a bomb.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
User Banned (1 week): ignoring the staff post, antagonizing other users
Are these results still going to matter after this?

The state's going to vote Trump when the vote actually matters regardless, so no

Good news though: it got the Bernie fans to turn on the whole concept of caucuses when they were the only reason he did as well as he did in '16, so now even they're about to in-fight amongst themselves

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
biden ended up kind of getting a good result with the delay/screw up... it wasn't a good result anway

mook is saying he didn't have anything to do with the app on twitter either?

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, better to speak off a trodden script than embarrassing yourself, I suppose.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I love all the victory speeches and Sanders is like "I think we're going to do well". Like dude just take the W. Klobuchar did. Although I guess Biden didn't, which is telling.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I mean, outside the primary, Iowa's pretty much an R win anyway, so...

It really shouldn't be first in primary season.
It's Lean R at worst. Voted Dem 6 of the last 8 presidential elections. Between Dukakis and Obama, Bush's re-election was the only exception.

It did swing hard towards Trump, but also swung hard against Republicans in 2018. Democrats won 3 of the 4 congressional seats and came within 3 points of flipping Steve King's.

The "Iowa is a red state" meme always struck me as weird since I saw it persist even before Trump carried the state.

That being said it shouldn't go first.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Fantastic speech by Sanders. He's going to just dominate this election. It's nice to have a great candidate who gives a shit.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018

Lmao I'm sorry, what?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
well this has been quite the night

im gonna retire to my boiler room to watch rats fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.