• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
When the only other option is fascists, you kinda have to.

imo it seems like running for president as a democrat is a specific choice he made

like, all i'm saying is that if you really don't want to be associated with democrats you probably shouldn't be running for like the most powerful position in the world under their label?

(this is all irrelevant, of course, because bernie sanders is a bog standard democrat who has worked closely with the party apparatus over the decades he's been in congress, and both "he's not even a real democrat!!!!" and "he doesn't want to be associated with democrats!!!" are equally farcical takes)

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both parties in Iowa and their app and web development vendors partnered last fall with Harvard's Defending Digital Democracy Project to develop strategies and systems to protect results and deal with any misinformation that's reported on caucus night.

They worked with campaign experts Robby Mook and Matt Rhodes — as well as experts in cybersecurity, national security, technology and election administration — and simulated the different ways that things could go wrong on caucus night.

Guess Mook didn't do enough tests lolol

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hilariously enough, I just saw two rodents going at it so I can say that I personally am a witness to ratfucking. Also I'm never eating here again.

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
Play Klobs and Bidens full uninterupted speeches, but cut off Warren after showing her maybe 2 minutes, even though there was no new news to report, lol.

Fuck off CNN.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone who's not an idiot watching Biden:

iu

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are these results still going to matter after this? I feel like this has really softened the blow and killed the momentum of whatever the results are going to be
In the grand scheme of things Iowa never really matters. It may be the first but it's typically an outlier. Plus this kind of fuckery isn't new, like in 2012 when Romney was incorrectly called the winner when Santorum actually ended up winning it.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Are these results still going to matter after this? I feel like this has really softened the blow and killed the momentum of whatever the results are going to be

Most of the East Coast is asleep by now so if the results can be out by tomorow morning things might be fine for momentum. However, if they are not it is going to get over shadowed by the SOTU and Republicans kissing Donald's ass to let him walk free.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In theory I mean a caucus is actually good for anti-rigging, the votes are all public and the data is written down by hand.

Anyway the real winner tonight is Bloomberg because he didn't waste his time with any of this shit.
Sure Jan let's concede that caucuses are actually a good thing if you believe in lame conspiracies like "somebody might rig a primary"

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Everything seems really fucky. Also stay losing democrats. The Supreme Court hangs in the balance and we are seriously considering Pete fucking Buttigieg?

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
So there was apparently a statement from Iowa's dem party. The app itself is apparently mostly working, but the problem is that people seemed to be inputting data in the wrong places for every round, so now they're having people take pictures of their written results.
So it was poor design on the app's part then.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's layers of stupid.

Whoever's idea it was to commission an app to track results here was pretty stupid.

The software folk who designed it were likely underpaid, and very possibly kinda stupid.

The people who are inputting the results are probably a mixture of old, tired, and stupid.

It's stupid all the way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.