• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
#releasethepoll is trending on twitter. Seems like an odd demand considering it's either skewed or there will be accusations of it being skewed. Releasing it will just be fodder for everyone...

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
hey king, i know you probably didn't mean it this way, but you're tacitly suggesting that republicans only use truthful attacks, which i assure you is not the case. understanding that now is going to be really important later when bernie's the nominee.
A scandal about an email server was pretty weak, too. The Fox News machine is *very good* at ratfucking. It wasn't that long ago that Hillary Clinton was "the most popular politician in the country."

I believe Bernie can win, but it's going to be way way nastier than anyone expects, and he's not going to have the same reputation he does now at the end of it.
I know the Republicans would lie and cheat, that is pretty evident, I don't mean to suggest otherwise. I'm just thinking Sanders would overcome the College scandal accusations better than Biden having to overcome the Hunter/Burisma scandal.

Oct 26, 2017
Donated $27 to Bernie, gotta help pick up the slack since he's caught in those impeachment trial hearings

Btw was a avid Beto supporter before, and I feel that Bernie is the best bet to not only generate excitement but also bring the authenticity we desperately need in Washington from Democrats.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Though to be fair Sanders just has the longer consistent voting record though that's just because he's served the house and Senate longer
Had Warren been in Senate for that long, her voting record would certainly not be as consistent as Sanders, assuming she wasn't a Republican out of confusion before.

Oct 27, 2017
A number of them are probably privileged enough to not care about a second Trump admin, or are dumb enough to believe in left accelerationism.

Will Menaker put it succinctly a few days ago: No unity without fealty, no compromise.

ZnaKdOx.jpg

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
If you have a massive crowd like this and manage to lose the primary. It exposes how flawed our system is and not just in the gerrymandering and electoral college.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
I'm so glad that moderate Democrats are willing to compromise and vote for the most popular candidate, Bernie, to make sure that we defeat Trump at all costs. It would be really ridiculous to demand everyone compromise and vote for some other candidate they don't actually support while trying to sabotage Bernies nomination or somehow be by default supporting fascism. But thats silly and would never happen thankfully.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm pretty bummed about the poll today. This was our last one, wasn't it? No others today?

I guess we'll know tomorrow either way but the final poll is pretty influential, right? I suppose it will be interesting to see who wins without actually knowing who Is supposed to have the last-day lead.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Sanders himself has been vocal about how defeating Trump is the most important thing and that he'd support any candidate who gets the nomination and campaign for them. I think the Bernie or Bust crowd is much smaller then people fear it is, and largely made up of people following a reddit hype train who were not reliably democratic voters to begin with that may very well have either broken for Trump or more likely not voted at all otherwise.
Thank you! Some people here lack any imagination. Bernie gets people who otherwise would not vote, off their ass and to the booths. No Bernie, they sit out. It's that simple. It's no mystery why he's stood out amongst the pack these last 5 years. If your favorite politician is too weak to inspire the jaded and disinterested, don't take that out on Bernie lol.

The Bernie or Bust thing is way over hyped and that crowd is a tiny part of the base. It's a deflection started by losers when they fail to attain the presidency they assumed was their birthright.

Last edited:

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! Some people here lack any imagination. Bernie gets people who otherwise would not vote, off their ass and to the booths. No Bernie, they sit out. It's that simple. It's no mystery why he's stood out amongst the pack these last 5 years. If your favorite politician is too weak to inspire the jaded and disinterested, don't take that out on Bernie lol.

The Bernie or Bust thing is way over hyped and that crowd is a tiny part of the base. It's a deflection started by losers when they fail to attain the presidency they assumed was their birthright.
I mean honestly. be grateful some of these people are registering as dems at all

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
If you have a massive crowd like this and manage to lose the primary. It exposes how flawed our system is and not just in the gerrymandering and electoral college.

Large crowds don't mean much on their own except that the candidate has avid supporters. Look at pics of Ron Paul's rallies from 2012 and you'll see that he also drew big crowds.

Oct 27, 2017
And destroy the rights of the LGBTQA, women and many other minorities with it. Great work. This post shows the privilege that Menaker and you hold.

If dems dont want the whole country to slide into reactionary backwardness that will doom in blood all unpriviledged peoples when a competent, sane Trump takes office after another mediocre corporatist president that only tells trans people to "learn to code" to pay for their treatments, then they better elect Bernie. This is the last off ramp before the apocalypse.

Dec 12, 2017
If dems dont want the whole country to slide into reactionary backwardness that will doom in blood all unpriviledged peoples when a competent, sane Trump takes office after another mediocre corporatist president that only tells trans people to "learn to code" to pay for their treatments, then they better elect Bernie. This is the last off ramp before the apocalypse.
Now you're just making shit up. When did Biden tell Tran people to learn to code??

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's obvious to everyone but us Americans. *Sigh*

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, but if you're not Black in America, one of the few groups that vote blue all the way, I'm not sure why you think it's obvious...
I'm black in America? What I meant by my post was for the rest of the world Bernie was the obvious choice in '16. They collectively wondered wtf was wrong with Americans for letting it get to Trump/Clinton.

I truly don't get the love for moderates, especially from the millennial crowd. The country has been bleeding for over a decade and folks get excited for politicians who drink from the same well as Republicans?

I'm voting Blue either way but I'm confused on what the hell a Biden presidency would look like. President Bernie or Liz would give me hope, Biden is just hashtag notTrump.

Dec 12, 2017
I'm black in America? What I meant by my post was for the rest of the world Bernie was the obvious choice in '16. They collectively wondered wtf was wrong with Americans for letting it get to Trump/Clinton.

I truly don't get the love for moderates, especially from the millennial crowd. The country has been bleeding for over a decade and folks get excited for politicians who drink from the same well as Republicans?

I'm voting Blue either way but I'm confused on what the hell a Biden presidency would look like. President Bernie or Liz would give me hope, Biden is just hashtag notTrump.
Dude I agree with you. But at the end of the day you're voting blue. I just have a real gripe with the people who are comfortably Bernie or bust.

Nov 1, 2017
I'm excited to caucus on Monday but I'm also dreading it cause it was such a shitshow when I went in 2016 and this time there's 4x as many candidates. Caucuses are such a weird inefficient process for something so important.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018

It's pretty simple actually. Biden represents a reset. A return to normal. A relief to the exhaustion that is Trump.

A majority of Americans are just exhausted with what Trump is and has brought to our everyday lives.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Dude I agree with you. But at the end of the day you're voting blue. I just have a real gripe with the people who are comfortably Bernie or bust.
If you read the fucking quote you'd understand the underlying premise is if bernie gets rat fucked. Because if the DNC ignores a bernie sanders popular result and gives it to bloomberg or biden there will be fucking hell to pay and rightfully so.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017

If you have more supporters, and they vote, you'll win. If he loses the primary, it's because he has fewer supporters, they didn't vote, or both.

It's really as simple as that.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
And destroy the rights of the LGBTQA, women and many other minorities with it. Great work. This post shows the privilege that Menaker and you hold.

I'm a fan of the show, but I'm 100% with you on this. Even the most conservative, establishment friendly Dem is worth voting for at this point in time, without question.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty simple actually. Biden represents a reset. A return to normal. A relief to the exhaustion that is Trump.

A majority of Americans are just exhausted with what Trump is and has brought to our everyday lives.
Yeah lol. I will vote for Joe if he wins the primary but I think that return to normal mentality is a mistake. The far right wants Trump, worse comes to worse they can regroup better under Biden.

I think one of the biggest mistakes from the next Dem president will be not fighting White nationalism with the fervor needed to combat it. Joe already considers Republicans his homeys and his troublesome views on Black people guarantee he won't take the White extremists seriously.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018

@postandcourier/@ChangePolls SC 2020 poll:
@JoeBiden 25%
@BernieSanders 20%
@TomSteyer 18%
@ewarren 11%
@PeteButtigieg 7%
@TulsiGabbard 3%
@AndrewYang 3%
Not Sure 10%

As long as Sanders is within a reasonable gap with Biden in SC, he should be in great shape.

What is their reputation/track record? I looked back at 2016 and 2008 primary polling and they didn't have any polls.

I just checked 538, Change Research gets a C. I'll wait to see other polling.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 week): metacommentary, ignoring the modpost

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no I am so confused. Centrists have been telling me for 4 years now that Black people absolutely H.A.T.E. Bernie Sanders! Criss cross applesauce what's going on? /s
Steyer is getting more black support than Bernie in this poll. Would not take this poll seriously though. Change Research sucks. Biden going to beat Bernie and everyone else like a drum in SC.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How things play out online and offline with politics is surprising. Hot 97s The Breakfast Club has been interviewing candidates all last year, with Charlemagne tha God asking each one what their agenda for Black America is. Fast forward to this year and Charlemagne endorses.... Mayor Pete?? Lol why? How do you get to that conclusion? I feel like we read up on so much shit online that the tv media doesn't touch.
Steyer is getting more black support than Bernie in this poll. Would not take this poll seriously though. Change Research sucks. Biden going to beat Bernie and everyone else like a drum in SC.
That's disappointing, it's going to come back to haunt them. The old heads should listen to our Black millenials with the Bernie support. "They say the child shall lead..."

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Will Menaker put it succinctly a few days ago: No unity without fealty, no compromise.

ZnaKdOx.jpg
"Vote for Bernie or we shoot the hostage, the hostage here being American democracy and every poor and underpriveleged person who lives in it."

Wow, this is an aggressively garbage take, from what seems to be an aggresssively garbage person. I hadn't heard of Menakar before, but this is not a great first impression.

I get that there's a game theory argument to be made here. Madman theory stuff. Say that you're too crazy to be moderated and people will just have to give you what you want, right? But the thing about that is that stakes are that if people followed this advice, it would directly contribute to the election of Donald Trump. I know that a lot of people think of Biden as Republican Lite. I know that a lot of people think of Bloomberg as a Republican, because, make no mistake, he is one. Despite that. Donald Trump remaining in office is a unique moral hazard, and honestly, I have no respect for people who try to play games around whether or not it's worth fighting against.

None.

Sigh. To toss in an amelrioating note... I get that for some people, it doesn't matter as much. There's room for principled nonvoting if you live in a safe blue state, to an extent (though if you're in a swing district it still hurts things). I think that the effect on the national discourse isn't great, but there's a discussion to be had there. But if somebody's doing this for points, or out of political ambition... no.

Dec 12, 2017
If you read the fucking quote you'd understand the underlying premise is if bernie gets rat fucked. Because if the DNC ignores a bernie sanders popular result and gives it to bloomberg or biden there will be fucking hell to pay and rightfully so.
Everytime Bernie loses, his base think he was rat fucked. Do you realize that?

Status
Not open for further replies.