• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do Americans release the results of their elections before everyone's done voting? You're only giving rags like MSNBC ammo to push whatever narrative they want. Klob is not happening, but they're influencing the vote nonetheless with those headlines.

How well a candidate performs should be completely unknown until the end. Ideally, polls wouldn't even be a thing.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do Americans release the results of their elections before everyone's done voting? You're only giving rags like MSNBC ammo to push whatever narrative they want. Klob is not happening, but they're influencing the vote nonetheless with those headlines.

How well a candidate performs should be completely unknown until the end. Ideally, polls wouldn't even be a thing.

Because we love spectacle.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017

This is a long standing New Hampshire tradition. The towns in question are so small they can do their entire vote in an hour. It doesn't actually matter in the big scheme of things - the press talk about it for a few hours but it's totally irrelevant for the final result.

Dec 31, 2017
qmC6afc.png

k11YTQ1.png

Klob wins

Lol. Actual trolling to have the headlines read like that.

The spectacle of US news is hilarious and sad at the same time.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering if as a SC voter I should give my vote to Warren or Sanders. As in who between the two of them needs my vote more. Guess it depends on polls and the delegate rules of SC.
Logistically at this point probably Bernie (I say this as a frequent canvasser for Warren in Iowa), but Warren would probably give her delegates to Bernie at the convention if it came to that, so I'd factor that in.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a long standing New Hampshire tradition. The towns in question are so small they can do their entire vote in an hour. It doesn't actually matter in the big scheme of things - the press talk about it for a few hours but it's totally irrelevant for the final result.

Didn't know that, thank you for the information.

I still think it's a bit ridiculous. Will that be going on throughout the day? Or is it just for the first few towns?

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017

I'm fully with you on this.

Logistically at this point probably Bernie (I say this as a frequent canvasser for Warren in Iowa), but Warren would probably give her delegates to Bernie at the convention if it came to that, so I'd factor that in.

Actually that is helpful. So I guess if I can help push Warren over 15% in my district (or state-wide) I should probably vote for her?

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know that, thank you for the information.

I still think it's a bit ridiculous. Will that be going on throughout the day? Or is it just for the first few towns?
it's literally just the handful of votes from the 3 tiny towns that vote at midnight. everything else waits until the polls close. (were there this many complaints about the tradition last time when bernie won 100% of the four votes cast in the democratic primary in dixville notch? :p)

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I feel we should lay off the media conspiracy bits about these early towns. This is literally every NH primary.

Dec 31, 2017

Bernie leading in national polls amongst independents.

Horrible poll for Trump.

Did not expect Bernie to top with independents. This is good. Also his Black support seems to have increased as well, though the real ping pong is between Bloomberg and Biden.

But Bloombergs racist comments have to look real shitty to minority voters; will they hear about it though under the blanket of the Bloomberg controlled airwaves?

Just got an email from Morning Consult with their new numbers:

Bernie - 25
Biden - 22
Bloomberg - 17
Pete - 11
Warren - 11

Black voters:
Biden - 35
Bernie - 27
Bloomberg - 16
Warren - 8
Pete - 4

https://morningconsult.com/2020-dem...ta&utm_campaign=Weekly_Political_Intelligence

The "2nd choice" data is fascinating. Quite a mixture there. For Biden supporters, the second choice is pretty evenly split between Sanders and Bloomberg. So I would expect to see a bit of a surge for Bernie as well if/when Biden falters.

Bernies favorability is also the highest of the group.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2017
morningconsult.com

2020 Democratic Primary

Bernie Sweeping the hispanic vote pretty handily here.

Bernie - 38%
Biden - 17%
Bloomberg - 16%

Also, I find amusing that voters that identify as "Moderate" have pretty much the exact same breakdown as voters that identify as "Conservative."

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Inflammatory metacommentary.
"Don't scrutinize the poor media!"

I swear the bootlicking I routinely see here would make the gaming side blush.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who still hasn't run into a Bloomberg ad other than the Super Bowl, I'm conceptually aware its because he is running ads everywhere and its what is elevating him but I'm still baffled at how something like that would work.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who still hasn't run into a Bloomberg ad other than the Super Bowl, I'm conceptually aware its because he is running ads everywhere and its what is elevating him but I'm still baffled at how something like that would work.

I think the ads help, but Steyer has spent an insane amount and can't crack low single digits....

Other campaigns need to get him in a setting where they can contrast.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
I think the ads help, but Steyer has spent an insane amount and can't crack low single digits....

Other campaigns need to get him in a setting where they can contrast.

Bloomberg's ads are pretty good with a catchy slogan and he has a much better resume on paper than Steyer and name ID nationally from being NYC mayor. Plus he's positioned himself as the moderate in the race for Biden people to go to.

A couple of my relatives said they liked Bloomberg because they thought he could buy the election and beat Trump and that they didn't think anyone else could beat him.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Did my civic duty. Hoping the margins are good for Bernie to keep up the momentum. Polling place was reasonably populated. Dodged a couple news casters. Pete, Trump, and Klob people staying the requisite distance from the polling location. Surprised I didn't see any Warren or Sanders folks, they were canvassing hard the last couple days.

xfactor99

Oct 28, 2017
Experienced New Hampshire voters will see something quite familiar when they cast their primary ballots Tuesday: A vote-counting machine that hasn't changed in more than two decades.

The AccuVote optical reader has been part of Granite State elections since the early 1990s, when it was first accepted by the Secretary of State's office.

The software for the AccuVote reader runs on WindowsXP, an operating system that hasn't been supported by Microsoft since 2014, making it vulnerable to crashes. The machines themselves aren't made anymore, so the provider has to buy old ones and cannibalize them for parts when repairs are needed.

Windows XP huh. What could go wrong

Concord Monitor

The Concord Monitor is a Pulitzer Prize winning daily newspaper and website located in the capital city of New Hampshire. The Concord Monitor is Central NH's dominant media with more than 70 percent household penetration. The Monitor is a key source of news and information for Concord, NH.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Did my civic duty. Hoping the margins are good for Bernie to keep up the momentum. Polling place was reasonably populated. Dodged a couple news casters. Pete, Trump, and Klob people staying the requisite distance from the polling location. Surprised I didn't see any Warren or Sanders folks, they were canvassing hard the last couple days.
Why were there Trump people at the Democratic primary? Just looking to cause trouble?

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.