• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

"I don't hate you babe, it's worse than that, cuz you hurt me and I don't react."

Absolutely heart rending.

Oct 25, 2017
it seems like mostly we're criticizing weird cult people who are all like "BERNIE HAS BEEN RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING HIS ENTIRE LIFE" by pointing out that he's done bad stuff, actually, and then i guess ppl get super defensive about it, for some reason? idk, stream kesha's hit new album High Road, today!
Good christ you're aggressive

I was referring to this:

"Come on yo, also, "he's never changed his mind on anything" isn't the best argument. Growth is important." (note: no one argued this)

The person who claimed he was on the right side of history was responding to that and probably wasn't trying to suggest Bernie has literally never changed on anything

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it seems like mostly we're criticizing weird cult people who are all like "BERNIE HAS BEEN RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING HIS ENTIRE LIFE" by pointing out that he's done bad stuff, actually, and then i guess ppl get super defensive about it, for some reason? idk, stream kesha's hit new album High Road, today!

Who got super defensive about it? You pointed out an area of growth that I hadn't thought about when I made my hyperbolic post and helped dispel the weird criticism that that he's a bad candidate because he's never grown

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

switching modes for a moment, tove lo's "hey you got drugs" is really such a perfect way to end an album? the way it once the bridge comes in it basically loops for the rest of the song, the way it seems to specifically be a response to an earlier single ("Not On Drugs"), where she's chasing the high she felt back then but it's just... not there anymore.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, Sanders being on the right side of history his whole life is definitely a major charcter flaw. If only he could have started off with hugely problematic views and then "grown"
He was on the right side of history voting against the Brady bill? He was on the right side of history voting to shield gun manufacturers from culpability? He was on the right side of history when he voted for the crime bill? He was on the right side of history in 2006 when he was asked if Vermont should legalize same-sex marriage after Bush proposed an amendment to ban marriage equality and he replied with "Not right now, not after what we went through"?

It's fine to be very into a politician and their policies but this notion that Sanders has been on the right side of history his whole life is patently false. He's just another politician and sometimes politicians do things that are politically expedient and not exactly right.

It's also quite odd to see this notion from some folks (not speaking to anyone here in particular, just talking about a sentiment I see from some Sanders supporters) in general that Sanders is seemingly allowed to evolve on issues but other candidates aren't. Some seem to use a lens where he's just getting better if he changes his tune but if other candidates evolve it means they are untrustworthy or opportunists.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He was on the right side of history voting against the Brady bill? He was on the right side of history voting to shield gun manufacturers from culpability? He was on the right side of history when he voted for the crime bill? He was on the right side of history in 2006 when he was asked if Vermont should legalize same-sex marriage after Bush proposed an amendment to ban marriage equality and he replied with "Not right now, not after what we went through"?

I guess not. Glad he's grown since then.

Oct 25, 2017
So I say "consistency in politics" in contrast to someone going GOP - - > Democrats and that is distorted into "has never grown" and someone replies with "right side of history" and that brings people out of the woodwork ignoring the context and highlighting in great detail how he's fucked up. Love it

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): ignoring the staff post, trolling
So I say "consistency in politics" in contrast to someone going GOP - - > Democrats and that is distorted into "has never grown" and someone replies with "right side of history" and that brings people out of the woodwork ignoring the context and highlighting in great detail how he's fucked up. Love it

Well we deserve it, we are cultists after all.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess not. Glad he's grown since then.
That's the way I feel about any politician who changes their stances for the better.

I think for some people (raises hand), finding the line and metric about how these standards should be applied is a little confusing. Wouldn't we all be better off if there were a clearer, more consistent and evenly applied standard to politicians who evolve?

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
User banned (1 week): ignoring the staff post, trolling
How long are centrists going to refer to Bernie supporters as cultists?
Hope you guys That hate Bernie can hold your nose and vote Bernie in November. 😀

splash wave

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Can anyone speak to the quality of this poll?

twitter.com

Political Polls on Twitter

“New Hampshire FPU/@NBC10Boston/@BostonHerald Poll (Change from Feb 1) Sanders 23% (-8) Buttigieg 20% (+12) Warren 16% (-1) Biden 14% (-10) Klobuchar 6% (+2) Yang 3% (+2) Steyer 2% (+2) The rest 1% or less (Poll Conducted 2/5-8) https://t.co/SdMO7SUDCZ”

May 26, 2018

twitter.com

“New Hampshire FPU/@NBC10Boston/@BostonHerald Poll (Change from Feb 1) Sanders 23% (-8) Buttigieg 20% (+12) Warren 16% (-1) Biden 14% (-10) Klobuchar 6% (+2) Yang 3% (+2) Steyer 2% (+2) The rest 1% or less (Poll Conducted 2/5-8) https://t.co/SdMO7SUDCZ”

Chaos elections 2 Electric Boogaloo is go

Sep 12, 2018

EQMx20tU8AA6yvd

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States

twitter.com

Wtf is going on in this one. O.o

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I've been only getting texts and calls from Bernie people but now I'm getting one from Warren. Guess I'm gonna get a lot more since I'm in a Super Tuesday state.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever

twitter.com

It doesn't look like it's on 538 so not really sure the validity

Mar 9, 2018
Dog-faced pony soldier.
Fish-backed baby-dropping farm chef.
Gopher-loving jet fuel burglar.
Cow-footed meerkat stylist.
Parrot-bellied trash-kissing emu.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A social fascist like Burpo Slanders, defender of bourgeois property rights and the the settler colonial United $nakes of Amerikkka, has never been anywhere but in the dust bin of history, nevermind the right side.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Tulsi deciding to not seek re-election in HI kinda gave away her 3rd party plan. Luckily if Bernie is the nom she can't do as much damage as 3rd parties did in 2016. It's funny how people ITT are desperate to make it Bernie's problem though, very transparent per the norm.

Dec 31, 2017
Buttigieg has definitely come out the winner with regards to momentum from Iowa - his poll surge for NH is impressive. What should have been beneficial to Bernie as well has been clouded by the fuckery of it all.

I have a feeling NH is going to be closer than people expect.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Biden might actually be the worst campaigner of all time, insulting voters left and right and telling them to vote for someone else. It doesn't matter if its lighthearted, it's still horrible political instincts. Biden is blowing a massive national lead as we speak. Just terrible campaigning.

Status
Not open for further replies.