• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The other important thing to take from this is that for the billionaires, the money has not translated into votes. This probably means the Bloomberg will not be getting votes in the coming states. Hopefully.

fierygunrob

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2018
I didn't expect Sanders to win SC, but I also didn't really want to vote for Biden unless I absolutely have to so I let unrealistic optimism answer the poll

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the demo breakdown:
vmaN9yc.png
Bernie did win the 19-29 and atheist vote. Biden got... literally everything else. Reverse Nevada.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
The other important thing to take from this is that for the billionaires, the money has not translated into votes. This probably means the Bloomberg will not be getting votes in the coming states. Hopefully.

If you want Bernie to win the last thing you want is Bloomberg's support to drop before ST. You want him to get votes and split results with Biden

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017

Again, if you're rooting for Bernie you want Bloomberg getting as many votes as possible Tuesday. The concern is soft Bloomber voters moving to Biden.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Damn. Bernie gotta perform strongly on Tuesday.

We'll see if this strengthens Biden significantly.

Also this is Biden's first ever primary victory.

Zasa

Oct 25, 2017
hope Bernie shuts the fuck up about Castro right now. Also anything stupid you may have said 50 years ago plz just deflect.
For real, what did he gain by the nuance in his argument there? It might be one of the most consequential gaffes in this race thus far. It served no purpose other than to completely halt all positive press coverage & justify all the down-ballot talk that was happening all week. Then he doubled down on it in the debate, ffs.

soul creator

Oct 27, 2017
ER-v6nmU4AAcV2o.png

twitter.com

Sahil Kapur on Twitter

“New @NBCNews exit polls: Medicare for All goes four-for-four with Democrats in early states. IOWA — 57% support, 38% oppose N.H. — 58% support, 37% oppose NEVADA — 62% support, 35% oppose S.C. — 50% support, 44% oppose”

Always fascinating to see the gulf between people's views of policy questions, and then the actual candidates that ultimately get votes.

edit: another cnn exit poll just showed that Biden led "Very Liberal" voters with 39% and Sanders was second with 30%. Further evidence that ideological distinctions often make no sense when being polled (Sanders won "moderates" in Nevada IIRC).

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Never said that. And they're not representative of who I'd vote for.

Doesn't mean they should be discounted and ignored like they were by the Sanders campaign in 2016. Not going to beat Trump without them if that same mistake is made again and like clockwork the same thinly veiled racist crap is already being spewed tonight.
And this demographic would help Biden win against Trump instead?

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Biden might have enough juice to take VA and NC at this rate. I have a feeling older black voters might coalesce.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Was hoping for more than a blowout Biden victory. Wonder how this stall the Sanders momentum/Boosts Joe. If it becomes an obvious two person race then people will flock to Biden in droves.

Huge wins in TX and CA for Bernie please.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
A Biden win isn't the worst thing in the world. I want more candidates in the race as long as possible, clogging up that moderate lane, and if it ultimately came down to Biden over Bloomberg or Buttigieg, then that's... not the worst outcome. Those two shitty ass mayors have made me look at Biden more favorably. He might be incompetent but he's not the devil. Today could extend his viability.

Biden is the only candidate I could live with should Bernie lose. Well excluding Warren because she has zero percent chance of winning sadly.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
ER-v6nmU4AAcV2o.png

twitter.com

Sahil Kapur on Twitter

“New @NBCNews exit polls: Medicare for All goes four-for-four with Democrats in early states. IOWA — 57% support, 38% oppose N.H. — 58% support, 37% oppose NEVADA — 62% support, 35% oppose S.C. — 50% support, 44% oppose”

Always fascinating to see the gulf between people's views of policy questions, and then the actual candidates that ultimately get votes.

People's want for change will always be overridden by their fear of actually enacting it

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ER-v6nmU4AAcV2o.png

twitter.com

Sahil Kapur on Twitter

Biden winning the "economic system needs overhaul," "top issue: income inequality," and "top issue: climate change" votes is, uh, dispiriting.
The thing with this type of thing is that you don't know what they mean when they say it needs a complete overhaul. For them an overhaul might just be more regulations and stimulus with healthcare improvements.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
hope Bernie shuts the fuck up about Castro right now. Also anything stupid you may have said 50 years ago plz just deflect.
[/QUOTE
It's not like Bernie is bringing it up. Pundits are asking him about his old video. There's no answer that will not be manufactured as a bad thing. (Eg. He's changed his tune now.)

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
This is the real question. Biden won his election for President of South Carolina but he doesn't have the presence Bernie does everywhere else.

true. But he is already pretty well known and is going to get a lot of media coverage the next 3 days. They key IMO is if Bloomberg voters switch to Biden. If that happens Biden could get viable in California and possibly win Texas.

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming Steyer finishes around 12-13%, don't think you can really say Bloomberg would underperform his polls given that would be two states in a row where Steyer roughly hit his polling average.

Of course maybe he takes a sudden drop in the polls, but until I see that I'm not going to assume it.

Status
Not open for further replies.