• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

octopedes

Feb 3, 2018
hey kids wanna see a cursed image?

roXb5AL.png
This is amazing, I love this because it's so hilarious.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Time Kaine was such a boring pick that he actually crossed over into memorable for me, personally.
I only remember him because (I can't remember if it was the campaign or a talking head) they mentioned he could speak spanish and that this could potentially help with getting latino votes.

That really shoulda been an early sign lmao.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So that's it, we're looking at moderates coalescing around Biden, a constested convention screwing Bernie, and 4 more years of Trump because of some media snowball after 1 primary win breaking Biden's losing record ? Depressing outcome (still better than Bloomberg though).

How much of the vote should be early vote anyway (these are not affected by such a bump) ?

I don't see this at all. By the way, Bloomberg is stealing support from Biden... So if his intention was the stop Bernie from being the candidate, he has utterly failed.

It's borderline conspiracy talk to suggest that the DNC would *not* give Bernie the nomination if has the most delegates going into the convention. That would be, quite possibly, the biggest political misstep I'd see in my lifetime.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my vote in for Bernie in Texas. Was cutting it close with that early voting deadline...!

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to believe Bernie's gonna crush Tuesday but I have an awful feeling Biden is gonna bounce back in a big way.

Nov 2, 2017
I want to believe Bernie's gonna crush Tuesday but I have an awful feeling Biden is gonna bounce back in a big way.
Yeah, legit has me sick to my stomach.

I don't even hate Biden. But the thought of getting so close to a real shift, and then getting an almost senile moderate instead (and probable loss against Trump) is not something I can bear.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
really putting the "war" in "Warren"
Oh no, the horror, she supports the opposition to a murderuous authoritarian dictator deliberately starving and looting his country.

The sanctions are not the reason that Venezuela is in the shape it's in, and the sanctions aimed at Maduro's crew (set up like the Magnitsky Act) are only contestible if you actively want Maduro in power.

And of course, this person has a "Russiagate is fake news" tweet pinned at the top.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, legit has me sick to my stomach.

I don't even hate Biden. But the thought of getting so close to a real shift, and then getting an almost senile moderate instead (and probable loss against Trump) is not something I can bear.

Agreed. A 68 year old version of Biden would be a very strong candidate in this field but the man is too old or I should say he is mentally showing his age. I say this as someone who likes Joe more than Bernie.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this has been posted yet but wow

This is kind of crazy. I mean I get it, Bloomberg has infinite money and it's hard to compete if you aren't the people's champion like Bernie. But damn I would have expected it from Biden or Pete... not Warren. It's like watching a bright idealist slowly getting crushed by the political machine in real time.

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 days): inadvertently posting personal information
Speaking of Warren's super PAC, has anyone seen this yet? Apparently her $9 million ad spend is backed by former COO of a military and oil advocacy group. Disgusting if true. This is after she gave Bernie shit for accepting 'dark money' from Our Revolution, a sum totalling a measly $78,000 for the entire campaign cycle. Meanwhile Elizabeth absolutely blows that number out of the water in a matter of days after flip flopping.

mod edit: let's not post people's personal information

Last edited by a moderator:

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
This is kind of crazy. I mean I get it, Bloomberg has infinite money and it's hard to compete if you aren't the people's champion like Bernie. But damn I would have expected it from Biden or Pete... not Warren. It's like watching a bright idealist slowly getting crushed by the political machine in real time.

She has the worst political intuition and campaign mismanagement I've seen since Hillary. It's bad

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

It shows how hard it is to play the anti-establishment populist persona unless you strike lightning like Bernie. I don't think Warren is some irredeemable snake monster but it's clear how difficult it is to stay in that lane.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Speaking of Warren's super PAC, has anyone seen this yet? Apparently her $9 million ad spend is backed by former COO of a military and oil advocacy group. Disgusting if true.

Christ. I have never gotten so down on a candidate so fast. What a disappointment she's turned out to be. In mere months I went from split on Warren/Sanders to not trusting in her in the slightest.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It shows how hard it is to play the anti-establishment populist persona unless you strike lightning like Bernie. I don't think Warren is some irredeemable snake monster but it's clear how difficult it is to stay in that lane.

Yeah I completely agree, just like Bernie had his challenges in 2016 too. Maybe this is growing pains for Warren and if she runs again she'll be really polished and ready.

Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of Warren's super PAC, has anyone seen this yet? Apparently her $9 million ad spend is backed by former COO of a military and oil advocacy group. Disgusting if true.

I have to wonder if Warren's initially poor financing is causing her to panic a bit and accept money from other sources. From memory, she did some financial shuffling to shift money that would be intended for her senate seat into her presidential campaign. The last we heard from her was that she was spending $2 for every $1 she received.

Her poor financials and relatively low approval rating in MA seems to have her making some really bad decisions with regards to campaign financing.

She has the worst political intuition and campaign mismanagement I've seen since Hillary. It's bad

No surprise that she has a lot of Clinton staffers running her campaign. I'm convinced they've been telling her what to do. I don't have any major animus towards Clinton but I'm convinced everyone in her circle are grifters who are useless.

The Bernie sexism claim screams of a focus grouped opportunistic attack intended for heavy consumers of cable and traditional sources of media, which is exactly the sort of thing that a boring political consultant would dream up. "Oppo" so to speak.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tbh I could see a momentum model working but only as a rough indicator based on geolocation and representative of the youth vote only

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, the horror, she supports the opposition to a murderuous authoritarian dictator deliberately starving and looting his country.

The sanctions are not the reason that Venezuela is in the shape it's in, and the sanctions aimed at Maduro's crew (set up like the Magnitsky Act) are only contestible if you actively want Maduro in power.

And of course, this person has a "Russiagate is fake news" tweet pinned at the top.

Yes, sanctions are the reason Venezuela is in the shape that it's in, and anyone supporting Guaido's right wing coup should be disqualified from ever claiming to have left wing beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.